• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #5 - Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm going to try to make a vampire out of the "EredarPurple.blp" will post WIP soon.
EDIT: WIP- Generic Vampire

Attachments

• EredarPurple6.jpg
    EredarPurple6.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Level 12
I know my skin needs a lot of work, but its my first skin so i didn't expect it to blow your head to the other end of the universe. I will look at a picture of a real skeleton and see what i can improve. But remember that it is not supposed to look entirealy like a real skeleton as it is a halloween suit for kids. I will add more detail to the teeths if i figure out how to...

Level 9
Next WIP... almost finished. :O)
EDIT: Finished :O) Comments, etc.. appreciated

Attachments

• EredarPurple6.jpg
    EredarPurple6.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 166
  • EredarPurple.jpg
    EredarPurple.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 191
  • EredarPurple.blp
    66.8 KB · Views: 46
  • ssvamp1.JPG
    ssvamp1.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 162
  • ssvamp2.JPG
    ssvamp2.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 154
  • ssvamp3.JPG
    ssvamp3.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 103
  • ssvamp4.JPG
    ssvamp4.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 160
  • ssvamp5.JPG
    ssvamp5.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Level 26
Haha, Im in luck, even though I didnt know about the contest I technically submitted my deathmaster during the time-frame of the competition. So to the admins the Pandaren Deathmaster I just submitted into the skins section is my official entry for this contest.
Da Rulez said:
No using skins started/made before the start of the contest
Nope. It's not.

Level 12
thx for your comment just_spectating and The_End and some others, i will look at a wc3 skeleton instead of a real one

Edit: Ok, ive tried to improve some things like the arms and legs but it looks really strange with the fingers and toes cause they show up on both sides of the leg.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_102707_110737_01 (kopia).jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_102707_110737_01 (kopia).jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 171
  • WC3ScrnShot_102707_110800_02 (kopia).jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_102707_110800_02 (kopia).jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 152
  • WC3ScrnShot_102707_110818_03 (kopia).jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_102707_110818_03 (kopia).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Level 35
I should have a WIP pic up soon....I'm doing a Gargoyle reskin.

EDIT: Here is the WIP pic...I am not quite sure what else to do with the skin to make it more frightening or all around better...ideas perhaps?

Attachments

• Woosh.jpg
    Woosh.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Level 18
Holy poopski! A PUMPKIN! Thats sweet Will
And everyone doing "zombie" esque reskins, they better be damn good, I wanna see viens, not a large amount of blood, stiches, and such
And Mech, that looks fine
Just add some shading to the bones and stuff
Maybe add some shading to the black clothes as well

Level 35
Here are somemore pics of my Vampire Gargoyle....

I would add veins, but the gargoyle doesnt like to wrap veins verywell.

The armor was difficult enough to place.

But I must say...that is a nice pumpkin lich....

Attachments

• Gargoyle.jpg
    Gargoyle.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Image6.jpg
    Image6.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 163
Level 35
Ok...I added somemore green, and I detailed the hands...I am going to try and add facial armour.

EDIT: I could not add armour to the face as it wont wrap right, and you cant really see it when its on the model...and it takes away from some of the green contrast.

Pics added.

Attachments

• Image8.jpg
    Image8.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Image11.jpg
    Image11.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 150
Haha, Im in luck, even though I didnt know about the contest I technically submitted my deathmaster during the time-frame of the competition. So to the admins the Pandaren Deathmaster I just submitted into the skins section is my official entry for this contest.

No, that's not how it works.

You have to start the model after the compo is announced. And you also have to follow the submission rules (as in, a post showing your skin, an ingame picture and all that other stuff).

Also, that skin is horrid, with basically ugly red lines on it, this entry will never even come close to winning.

@Nirvana: Awesome start. Finish it and it will kick ass.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Hmm... El, the green you have on the hands and feet is not as cool as the one on the head. The green on the head is very Halloween styled so I would go for it. Also if you add that green to the wings the skin would be even better since the difference from the actual skin would be greater.

EDIT: Chaos, you could turn the sorceress into a witch, or skin the abomination into something... Frankenstein-like.

Level 35
Sorry guys....Its hard to get the same shade of green twice in a row.

But here is the latest green version. I tried to match the same shade of green as the head.

Red Version soon to come...as soon as I figure out what shade of dark red I need....

Hey...how can I change the color of the skin to dark red...without the blood messing up, and meshing in, or being surrounded by a line?

Attachments

• Green.jpg
    Green.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Level 8
>>Sorry guys....Its hard to get the same shade of green twice in a row.

Eyedropper Tool?

>>But here is the latest green version. I tried to match the same shade of green as the head.

Way to different

>>Red Version soon to come...as soon as I figure out what shade of dark red I need....

No comment

>>Hey...how can I change the color of the skin to dark red...without the blood messing up, and meshing in, or being surrounded by a line?

Remake it

Level 35
>>Eyedropper Tool?

Doesnt pick up gradients...only parts of the gradients.

>>Way to different

Close enough.

>>No comment

I meant which shade of dark red that looks the best. There are different shades of dark red, like there are different shades of dark grey.

>>Remake it

I want this to be finished in time for the contest to be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.