• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terrain Contest 6 - Poll

Vote or die mutha fucka vote or die!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Terrain Contest 6 - Ancient Mythology
POLL

vote-or-die.jpg

VOTE OR DIE MUTHA FUCKA VOTE OR DIE!

NOTE TO VOTERS: If you registered within the past month, you may not vote in this poll. This poll will be worth 25% of the final score.

NOTE TO JUDGES: Hurry the fuck up. I'm already done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
Goos:
The Medhiv model looks bad close up (the texture on the staff). Pretty good other than that. The lighting could also be improved quite a bit.

ArcticInferno:
It was kinda hard to see what was even in the screenshot. The stalagmite (or whatever was hangind from the ceiling), seemed out of place.

HFR: Quite amazing, to say the least. It doensn't even seem to like WC3 in the least bit, which is nice.

Megafyr: Nice, but the guys inside the watch towers look a little messed up.

Frostwhisper: Cool, but the trees didn't really go well together.

Acvong:
I'm not even sure how this fit the theme. Also, the lighting was quite distracting; not very visually pleasing.

Wolfhelm: Obviously had a lot of effort put into it. The sky and the fog went together perfectly.

Keiji: I didn't think the trees went very well with the rest of the terrain.

raid1000: Quite epic, actually. Although I'm not so sure I like the lighting.

Darkvym: The fog made the background trees look snowy, which doesn't quite fit.

H-Bomber:
To me, it seemed like too much of doodad spam with a lack of other terraining skill.

Belgarath: Not sure I like this. I can't say way, really. The fog seemed like it was just there to cover up the other flaws in the terrain.

Cobra B
: An obvious idea that is quite fitting to the theme. Still, the movement of the fish looks like it was setup.

Oziris: Very ugly doodads in the foreground. The tree in the top-right corner, the horizon, and the sun were also quite bad.

Good job to everyone who entered the contest; it was quite a good turnout. My vote goes to Wolfhelm.

Level 19
Raid1000 gets my vote :D
I don't like the lightning and the fact that there are some snowflakes in the sky (duh) xD
But I really like the concept and the terrain is very epic.

those are stars wtf xD
its supposed to be early morning :D

Megafyr for me. Incredible, realistic atmosphere, also something 'completely new' - very refreshing. Absolutely wonderful final product.
Raid close behind, but his style and atmosphere quickly got boring for me - it's a very, very good piece, that's for sure, but eh, the style's already old for me : (
The 3rd choice would be Keiji. Very nice terrains, everyone though, lots of terrains, and most of them pretty good too.

Level 19
Close between Keiji and raid1000.. Keiji's terrain has very nice lightning and everything looks good except some mountains. Raid1000 has nice constructions, but for some reason I don't think they look as 'realistic' as they should be.. My vote goes to keiji. : )

GooS Terrain:
Looks very good, but what I miss here is ... Um..
The special. Its all ok. Very nice idea and camera view.
But somehow its not exactly something special.

Artic Inferno
Its very nice (cool idea) and underwater and..
I am missing something :/ Dunno what.. like GooS

HFR
Looks ok, but doesn't fit to theme and has to much trees, to
less self ideas and ... Well.. Not good at all.

Megafyr
Pretty cool, but what I dislike is the fact that it looks like
Stronghold :S.

frostwhisper
WHAT the fuck did you make here?
The background is ok, but the trees and the foreground are awful standard and not good at all. I disapprove your image totally.

Acvong
You should've spend more time on it, more obelisks, more acients.. :S

Wolfhelm
Looks really really really good, but what I dislike is
the fact that its on day.. On night it would've been much cooler.

Keiji
Ahhh nice one :D I really like this one. Everything is good and
it fits on contest. Nice one.

Raid
WHAT THE FUCK did you do with the sky? Its totally... Ugly.. Unfitting.
And the snowflakes.. Are a joke?! Seriously, the forground is uber. But the
background makes it ugly. Sorry, not my vote.

Darkyvm
Nice picture, but doesn't fit the theme in any way.

H-Bomber
Well, its very fast, and seems ugly to me. Not my fav

Belgarath
Nice, I really like this one, but its too empty :/

CoBrA b
Nice Skills, but what I dislike is the blue and the doodads you
chosen... The whole set seems unfitting.

Oziris
I would have removed the first 2 walls.
I would have made animals
Also some humans in front would be good.
The water seems a bit to flat maybe boat or something would be
better. Anyway, its my vote because of the background.
( The whole picture looks like realty for me, not unlike others )

Level 34
I'm impressed with this contest, some real quality terrain.
It wasn't a hard choice though, raid's blew me away. Legendary terrain for sure. Well done man.

------------------------------

I like it when people vote for themselves. It means there's less judging to do.
Also, Void, am I judging? I think you're a better candidate for it, unless you want multiple judges.

I vote for Oziris terrain,

Firsty,
It reminds me of a picture i saw at school in a book so i will give it that it looks like a realistic place.
The terrain is all placed out properly, no spam

On the otherhand, I can see the maps edge, if i was you i wud add some ships in the back ground or a little island apart from that.

I will give it a 8.5/10

I dont want to vote for Raid1000 becuase he doesn't deserve it. The sky is meh, not that mine is better...Inside the temple you can see it's empty and the foreground is the best thing of it's terrain, the water is just Water model and nothing else. If you think i dont want to vote for him because he has more votes then me? your fooling your self.

My vote goes to ArcticInferno, he has a decent well made terrain.

Level 19
I dont want to vote for Raid1000 becuase he doesn't deserve it. The sky is meh, not that mine is better...Inside the temple you can see it's empty and the foreground is the best thing of it's terrain, the water is just Water model and nothing else. If you think i dont want to vote for him because he has more votes then me? your fooling your self.

My vote goes to ArcticInferno, he has a decent well made terrain.

o'rly? looks like you got owned again Oziris :p

Status
Not open for further replies.