• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #15 - Co-op Commanders [Optionally Paired]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
First off, the regular Pandaren Brewmaster that is hired from the Tavern is now changed to Furbolg Brewmaster, to avoid inconsistency with the main faction:

The Furbolg Brewmaster's ultimate names have also been changed from "Storm, Earth And Fire" to "Thunder, Stone And Blaze" to make it easier to differentiate between Chen and a regular Brewmaster. His Breath of Fire's icon has also been changed because the original depicted a Pandaren.

With that out of the way, here are some unit WIPs. The building below is the Tier 1 unit production structure, Alehouse.

View attachment 357159

Brawler , Tapper ,Drunken Monk
View attachment 357154

Researches:

View attachment 357150 View attachment 357157
View attachment 357151 View attachment 357158

I plan to make these abilities as unique and distinctive from the vanilla races as possible. I don't want Kam to say "hurr durr ability reusing 6/10".

Keep up with the amazing work, man!

Level 35
Kam hasn't provided a closure though.

Did you seek one, though? It seems like you could have sought it out on the results thread over a week ago but you didn't seem to want to go into that at the time. If you had mentioned the reusing spells aspect before and asked about it, it could have either been explained in a way that made more sense to all of us, or there could have been grounds for exploring a change to the requirements in the Creativity score. @Mythic, myself and others definitely advocated bringing up something in the thread at the time, which you didn't seem to want to follow up on. Now, I can't say as to whether or not you attempted to speak to @Kam in private message, but from our perspective, you haven't given @Kam the opportunity to really speak on the matter, or asked him anything about his judgment, but instead resort to passive aggressive comments regarding his judging.

Now, as a forewarning, this is off-topic to the contest thread. The results thread of TC#14 would have been where to bring it up, and that thread was recently archived. The Code of Conduct for judges is very clear on this:

In case a contestant heavily breaks Site-, or Contest Rules, you are permitted - and even encouraged - to recommend him to be disqualified from the contest. Such cases might be a total fail to match the contest theme, not following any set up instructions, hijacking the contest thread, etc...
Though your stance will matter much, you should always get in touch with the appointed moderator before acting, and explain the situation.

Pursuing the topic itself would have been acceptable, and was even encouraged in the appropriate thread. Undermining the contest and @Kam leads to potential violation of Site rules, as does continuing an off-topic conversation:

5. Thread Topics (Also applies for Social Groups)
- A thread must have a topic that can be of value to other users, such as debatable and discussable topics.

Reprimand: Going Off-Topic
- The topic of a thread must be followed at all times, any posting that is irrelevant to the main topic is prohibited.

Amendment: On and Off Topic
- You are allowed to have an off-topic discussion as long as the major part of your post contains content relevant to the main topic.

8. Keep a Civil Tone
- Any instance of flaming, trolling, insulting, patronizing, threatening, harassing and bad-mouthing of any members of the site should be kept at a minimum.

Ideally, I would not see this go to disqualification, and I would see you receive your closure on the matter. This, however, is the inappropriate place to do it - either contact @Kam, or ask an appropriate moderator to re-open the TC#14 Results thread if you feel you have enough reason to warrant it. This can be done through either Admin Contact, or you can go through this Site Rule:

Reprimand: Re-visiting
- If you want to re-visit a subject before 6 months, kindly ask* a moderator to open the original thread.

If you wish to seek further clarification on the matter, the appointed moderator @Mythic can help you, as can @Heinvers.

Hello Commanders!
This is my hero teaser and presentation of the Shield of Faith (protection against physical damage due to mana).
The army is based on global mechanics - Faith. Faith depends primarily on the number of built Temples of Light.
It affects the strength of the abilities of Uther's army, as well as the initial supply of mana.

Awesome trailer, I look forward to seeing more :)

Last edited:
Level 9
Here ya go, hope this helps!

Thank you so much!

WC3ScrnShot_061120_071102_001.jpg

Level 27
Finally I've a time to show my second WIP. These are the basic combat units of Grom's army.

WIP2.PNG

Abilities

Pathfinder

Marauder

Javelineer

Invader

BTNStormreaverGrunt.png

ATCOrcWarcry.png
BattlefuryWhen this unit attacks an enemy, it has a 10% chance of increase its attack speed by 40% for 12 seconds. Extra 3% chance for each nearby Orc unit with the Battlefury ability. Maximum of 15% extra chance (for 25% total chance). If this unit dies, all nearby units will gain a 15% attack damage bonus for 8 seconds.
BTNWarsongGrunt.png

ATCOrcWarcry.png
BattlefuryWhen this unit attacks an enemy, it has a 10% chance of increase its attack speed by 40% for 12 seconds. Extra 3% chance for each nearby Orc unit with the Battlefury ability. Maximum of 15% extra chance (for 25% total chance). If this unit dies, all nearby units will gain a 15% attack damage bonus for 8 seconds.
PASAbility_warrior_bloodsurge.png
War TranceEach time this unit receives damage, it will get a War Trance stack. Each stack increases hit points regeneration by +0.5 and gives a 5% physical damage resistance. A maximum of 6 stacks can be reached. Each stack lasts 8 seconds.
BTNSpearmanWC1.png

ATCOrcWarcry.png
PASgreenleafes.png
Skirmish TacticsAttacks against flying enemies deal 35% extra damage. Also gives a permanent camouflage to this unit. When the Javelineer attacks, he becomes visible again. Camouflage has a fade delay of 6 seconds.
BTNThunderlordRaider.png

ATCOrcWarcry.png
PASWorgenDevour.png
Enraged WolvesEvery 6 seconds, the wolf will bite a random enemy unit in the attack range. The bite deals 28-33 damage and slows the movement speed of the target unit by 50% for 3 seconds.

Level 35
Finally I've a time to show my second WIP. These are the basic combat units of Grom's army.

View attachment 357204

Abilities

Pathfinder

Marauder

Javelineer

Invader

View attachment 357205
View attachment 357210BattlefuryWhen this unit attacks an enemy, it has a 10% chance of increase its attack speed by 40% for 12 seconds. Extra 3% chance for each nearby Orc unit with the Battlefury ability. Maximum of 15% extra chance (for 25% total chance). If this unit dies, all nearby units will gain a 15% attack damage bonus for 8 seconds.
View attachment 357206
View attachment 357210BattlefuryWhen this unit attacks an enemy, it has a 10% chance of increase its attack speed by 40% for 12 seconds. Extra 3% chance for each nearby Orc unit with the Battlefury ability. Maximum of 15% extra chance (for 25% total chance). If this unit dies, all nearby units will gain a 15% attack damage bonus for 8 seconds.
View attachment 357211War TranceEach time this unit receives damage, it will get a War Trance stack. Each stack increases hit points regeneration by +0.5 and gives a 5% physical damage resistance. A maximum of 6 stacks can be reached. Each stack lasts 8 seconds.
View attachment 357208
View attachment 357212Skirmish TacticsAttacks against flying enemies deal 35% extra damage. Also gives a permanent camouflage to this unit. When the Javelineer attacks, he becomes visible again. Camouflage has a fade delay of 6 seconds.
View attachment 357207
View attachment 357213Enraged WolvesEvery 6 seconds, the wolf will bite a random enemy unit in the attack range. The bite deals 28-33 damage and slows the movement speed of the target unit by 50% for 3 seconds.

This is looking fantastic so far, I look forward to seeing more :)

kegs.png

Introducing the Floating Casks!

These are suicidal and single-use units that are rather slow but can devastate buildings if allowed to close the gap. They deal 150 Siege damage, decreasing the farther enemies are from the impact point.
What's unique about them is that they can be Amplified by the faction's three Mage units: Earth Druid, Fire Magi and Storm Disciple with their respective Geomancy element. Here's all the different effects each element grants the casks:

Storm Casks - Much faster than other casks. Upon impact, dispels all buffs from enemies and stuns them for 1 second. Storm casks only deal 100 Siege damage, making them less effective for building destruction.

Fire Casks - These fiery kegs deals the same 150 Siege damage, but they will leave a flaming crater on impact that damages all enemies in the area for 10 damage per second, lasting for 20 seconds.

Earth Casks - Has double the health of the other casks (300 Health) and an additional armor point. On the offensive, Earth Casks will slow down all enemies upon impact by 30% for 6 seconds, and are much more effective at destroying buildings. Their only downside is that they are also slower than the other casks (150 speed, compared to 270 and Storm's 350).

All of the casks has the upgrade, Volatile Hops. This upgrade allows Floating Casks to close gaps much more effectively. When in 350 range of their targets, Floating Casks will immediately vault (jump) to them, making them much more destructive.

@Wazzz Yeah you know what, nevermind. You make it sound like too much of a burden.

Last edited:
Level 35
View attachment 357222

Introducing the Floating Casks!

These are suicidal and single-use units that are rather slow but can devastate buildings if allowed to close the gap. They deal 150 Siege damage, decreasing the farther enemies are from the impact point.
What's unique about them is that they can be Amplified by the faction's three Mage units: Earth Druid, Fire Magi and Storm Disciple with their respective Geomancy element. Here's all the different effects each element grants the casks:

Storm Casks - Much faster than other casks. Upon impact, dispels all buffs from enemies and stuns them for 1 second. Storm casks only deal 100 Siege damage, making them less effective for building destruction.

Fire Casks - These fiery kegs deals the same 150 Siege damage, but they will leave a flaming crater on impact that damages all enemies in the area for 10 damage per second, lasting for 20 seconds.

Earth Casks - Has double the health of the other casks (300 Health) and an additional armor point. On the offensive, Earth Casks will slow down all enemies upon impact by 30% for 6 seconds, and are much more effective at destroying buildings. Their only downside is that they are also slower than the other casks (150 speed, compared to 270 and Storm's 350).

All of the casks has the upgrade, Volatile Hops. This upgrade allows Floating Casks to close gaps much more effectively. When in 350 range of their targets, Floating Casks will immediately vault (jump) to them, making them much more destructive.

@Wazzz Yeah you know what, nevermind. You make it sound like too much of a burden.

Very nice :)
So, how do these function, persay? Are they a unit you train? Admittedly, when I first read the description I for some reason thought that further they had to move, the less damage they did, but I think I see what you mean now. The Storm, Earth and Fire elements are a nice expansion on the idea, is this your own model work?

Very nice :)
So, how do these function, persay? Are they a unit you train? Admittedly, when I first read the description I for some reason thought that further they had to move, the less damage they did, but I think I see what you mean now. The Storm, Earth and Fire elements are a nice expansion on the idea.

They are trained (technically made) in the Stormstout Brewery building, along with Keg Flingers and (psst, @Moonman) Alementals. Stormstout Brewery is my faction's equivalent of the Orc's Beastiary.

is this your own model work?
Certainly is. The base model was from the vanilla Pandaren Brewmaster's ale keg. I added in team colored knick knacks as well as animations I created from scratch.

(I couldn't find a suitable base model for Alementals, but I will think of something eventually.)

Level 35
They are trained from the Stormstout Brewery building,along with Keg Flingers and (psst, @Moonman) Alementals. Stormstout Brewery is my faction's equivalent of the Orc's Beastiary.

Certainly is. The base model was from the vanilla Pandaren Brewmaster's ale keg. I added in team colored knick knacks as well as animations I created from scratch.

(I couldn't find a suitable base model for Alementals, but I will think of something eventually.)

Oh, very nice :D
It's definitely good to see some more Pandaren resources getting developed, and I definitely think Moonman will be happy to see the Alemental concept come to life :D

@Riki Martin

View attachment 357204

Abilities

Pathfinder

Marauder

Javelineer

Invader

View attachment 357205
View attachment 357206
View attachment 357211War TranceEach time this unit receives damage, it will get a War Trance stack. Each stack increases hit points regeneration by +0.5 and gives a 5% physical damage resistance. A maximum of 6 stacks can be reached. Each stack lasts 8 seconds.
View attachment 357208
View attachment 357212Skirmish TacticsAttacks against flying enemies deal 35% extra damage. Also gives a permanent camouflage to this unit. When the Javelineer attacks, he becomes visible again. Camouflage has a fade delay of 6 seconds.
View attachment 357207
View attachment 357213Enraged WolvesEvery 6 seconds, the wolf will bite a random enemy unit in the attack range. The bite deals 28-33 damage and slows the movement speed of the target unit by 50% for 3 seconds.

I assume this Battlefury is the faction trait mechanic? Can you mention what role each unit does, cause I cannot give decent feedback with the current information? Thanks! I do like the concept here though.

@xYours Trulyx

This is interesting. I find the Storm Casks a bit weak, but cannot be sure without seeing how faster it will go. Kinda reminds me of Mental Omega Bomb Buggies ^^

This is interesting. I find the Storm Casks a bit weak, but cannot be sure without seeing how faster it will go. Kinda reminds me of Mental Omega Bomb Buggies ^^

I've actually mentioned their movement speed:
Earth Casks' only downside is that they are also slower than the other casks (150 speed, compared to 270 and Storm's 350).

I haven't tested themselves yet (Their abilities aren't even implemented).
I'm putting Storm Casks' power budget mostly into their ability to be spammable (they cost less mana for Storm Disciples to amplify than Fire and Earth) and also because of their stun... especially because of their stun. They sacrifice raw damage for more utility.

Maybe I should increase their stun duration to 1.5 seconds? I don't know. Will experiment to find the most balanced statistics.

Other than that, I have toned down Earth Casks' powerful building-destroying capabilities. Instead of just dealing more damage to buildings in a burst, Earth Casks will now cause an earthquake below them that deals 5 damage per second to it (and only it) and renders it unable to be repaired. Lasts 10 seconds (5 on Town Halls).

Fire Casks now also deal full damage to every enemies on impact regardless of distance from impact point.

Last edited:
Level 35
Balance can only come with time, we're still in early days yet :)
Granted, suicide units haven't been implemented a whole lot in Warcraft 3 factions beyond the Goblin Sapper and sometimes Clockwerk Goblins, so this will be an interesting balancing act. Only playtesting can find out what works and what needs to be retuned :D

I've actually mentioned their movement speed:

I haven't tested themselves yet (Their abilities aren't even implemented).
I'm putting Storm Casks' power budget mostly into their ability to be spammable (they cost less mana for Storm Disciples to amplify than Fire and Earth) and also because of their stun... especially because of their stun. They sacrifice raw damage for more utility.

Maybe I should increase their stun duration to 1.5 seconds? I don't know. Will experiment to find the most balanced statistics.

Other than that, I have toned down Earth Casks' powerful building-destroying capabilities. Instead of just dealing more damage to buildings in a burst, Earth Casks will now cause an earthquake below them that deals 5 damage per second to it (and only it) and renders it unable to be repaired. Lasts 10 seconds (5 on Town Halls).

Fire Casks now also deal full damage to every enemies on impact regardless of distance from impact point.

Ah, my bad. Looks pretty solid idea. Balance can come later. Hope to see this comes to fruition ^^

I've just checked the vanilla Goblin Sapper to compare stats with the Casks. Turns out Sappers are much more powerful and can deal a whopping 750 damage to buildings. To not be outclassed by the Sappers, Casks have been buffed. All casks now deal 200 Siege damage and cost only 1 food with reduced gold and lumber cost.

Storm Casks' radius are also doubled to make its utility more efficient, but its damage is still at 100 Siege damage. Earth Casks are more durable with a 50 hp buff, and Fire Casks' explosion now ignores armor types (armor amount still negates some damage, like the Sapper).

Level 35
I was actually recently thinking that the Troll Batrider is also technically another "suicide" unit, but only with an ability. Outside of that ability, it has a regular attack and other functions.

Sounds like the Casks could be a very interesting addition, I'm looking forward to seeing how it shapes up.

Level 27
I assume this Battlefury is the faction trait mechanic? Can you mention what role each unit does, cause I cannot give decent feedback with the current information? Thanks! I do like the concept here though.
Yes, Battlefury is one of the basic mechanics of the faction, and is only available for these four units.

I'll show a more extended information about the units roles in the 4th WIP. :D
For now here's my 3rd WIP, showing the spellcasters and siege equipments:

WIP3.PNG

Abilities

Spiritual Guide

Elder Sage

Ram

Mangonel

BTNOrcMage.PNG

ATCSpell_nature_protectionformnature.png
Nature's SealPlaces a healing seal on an allied unit. The seal restores 7 hit points per second. For each nearby allied Nature Seal, it will restore 1 additional hit point per second. Maximum of 5 additional hit points per second. Lasts 30 seconds.
BTNStoneShield.png
Rock ShieldCreates a rock barrier around the selected allied unit. The shield blocks 75% of incoming damage. Lasts 40 seconds or 5 attacks.
BTNAbility_shaman_heroism.png
Inner BeastUnleash the inner fury of the selected unit. The unit deals and takes 30% extra damage during the duration of the spell. Lasts 12 seconds.
BTNOrcWarlockRed.png

BTNSpell_nature_natureresistancetotem.png
Cleansing WardSummons an immovable ward that dispels positive buffs from enemy units and negative buffs from friendly units each 3 seconds. Dispel deals 200 damage to summoned units. Lasts 25 seconds.
BTNSpell_nature_nullifypoison_02.png
Natural OrderReduces elements to their basic levels, reducing armor by 3 and magic damage resistance by 50% from nearby enemy units. Lasts 12 seconds.
ATCSpell_nature_giftofthewild.png
Spirit MarkMarks an enemy, causing a 25% of all damage dealt to it to also affect nearby enemies. The splash damage is of type magical. Lasts 12 seconds.
BTNRam.png

BTNBattleStations.png
Battle StationsCauses nearby Pathfinders to run into the siege machine so that they can enable its attack. Each loaded Pathfinder increases attack speed of the Ram. Rams can hold a maximum of 3 Pathfinders.
BTNCatapultWC1.png

BTNBattleStations.png
Battle StationsCauses nearby Pathfinders to run into the siege machine so that they can enable its attack. Each loaded Pathfinder increases attack speed of the Mangonel. Mangonels can hold a maximum of 2 Pathfinders.

Level 35
Yes, Battlefury is one of the basic mechanics of the faction, and is only available for these four units.

I'll show a more extended information about the units roles in the 4th WIP. :D
For now here's my 3rd WIP, showing the spellcasters and siege equipments:

View attachment 357281

Abilities

Spiritual Guide

Elder Sage

Ram

Mangonel

View attachment 357283
View attachment 357287Nature's SealPlaces a healing seal on an allied unit. The seal restores 7 hit points per second. For each nearby allied Nature Seal, it will restore 1 additional hit point per second. Maximum of 5 additional hit points per second. Lasts 30 seconds.
View attachment 357288Rock ShieldCreates a rock barrier around the selected allied unit. The shield blocks 75% of incoming damage. Lasts 40 seconds or 5 attacks.
View attachment 357289Inner BeastUnleash the inner fury of the selected unit. The unit deals and takes 30% extra damage during the duration of the spell. Lasts 12 seconds.
View attachment 357284
View attachment 357292Cleansing WardSummons an immovable ward that dispels positive buffs from enemy units and negative buffs from friendly units each 3 seconds. Dispel deals 200 damage to summoned units. Lasts 25 seconds.
View attachment 357293Natural OrderReduces elements to their basic levels, reducing armor by 3 and magic damage resistance by 50% from nearby enemy units. Lasts 12 seconds.
View attachment 357291Spirit MarkMarks an enemy, causing a 25% of all damage dealt to it to also affect nearby enemies. The splash damage is of type magical. Lasts 12 seconds.
View attachment 357285
View attachment 357294Battle StationsCauses nearby Pathfinders to run into the siege machine so that they can enable its attack. Each loaded Pathfinder increases attack speed of the Ram. Rams can hold a maximum of 3 Pathfinders.
View attachment 357282
View attachment 357294Battle StationsCauses nearby Pathfinders to run into the siege machine so that they can enable its attack. Each loaded Pathfinder increases attack speed of the Mangonel. Mangonels can hold a maximum of 2 Pathfinders.

This is looking very interesting so far :)
The elements of units gaining stronger bonuses up to a hard cap based on how many of them you have together is definitely an element I've seen before, but I haven't seen it for a long time now. It's really refreshing to see it make a comeback. Definitely looking forward to seeing where you take the concept :D

Level 13
I've definitely been slacking off on working on my Kel'Thuzad commander. Had to rework all my systems from scratch because they weren't functioning the way I wanted them to. Anyway here's some of the units I've done for my Kel'Thuzad commander!

Screenshot_1.png

Necrolyte - T1 spellcaster. Trained from the Cemetary. Originally the plan was for them to be both a worker and unit production center, but I scrapped that. The Necrolytes are responsible for raising Undead minions to fight for Kel'Thuzad. If the Necrolyte dies, any units raised by it will die along with it, making the Necrolyte an even more valuable target for the enemy.

Abilities: Raise Shambler - Light melee unit. Very fragile combatant that serves as nothing more than mere cannon-fodder. Can learn Undying Fury, which causes it to temporarily come back to life after being killed. Shamblers resurrected under the effects of Undying Fury gain 50% increased attack speed but will die after 10 seconds. Shamblers may later merge and form into a Bone Breaker, a heavy melee siege unit that reduces the armor of enemy structures with each attack.
Raise Marksman - Light ranged unit. Fragile ranged attacker armed with a bow and arrow. Can learn Cold Arrows, which allows it to fire a cold arrow every 5 seconds, slowing enemy units drastically. Cold Arrow can stack, allowing a group of Marksmen to greatly slow down a single target. They can also learn Blight Walker, which drastically increases their movement speed while on Blight.
Raise Bonecaster - Supporting spellcaster responsible for keeping the Necrolyte's pathetically fragile skeleton army alive. Can initially cast Weaken, which reduces attack damage of enemy units. Can also learn Longevity, which halts the expiration time of a group of summoned units and giving them life regeneration for 30 seconds, as well as Bone Shield, which forms a shield of unholy energies on three friendly summoned units, stopping them from taking any form of damage for 30 seconds or 3 attacks.

Shamblers, Marksmen and Bonecasters have a passive called Undead Essence, which increases their movement speed and attack rate while on Blight as well as pausing their expiration time. Ideally you'll want to engage on Blight.

Screenshot_4.png
Butcher - Heavy melee assault unit trained from the Plagueworks after reaching T3. Is Frenzied; which prevents it from being slowed by abilities and debuffs such as Slow, Frost Nova, or Banish. Can learn Tenderize, which reduces a target's movement speed by 60% for 3 seconds on attack. They also have the Consume ability, which allows them to devour a non-summoned allied unit, temporarily gaining increased movement speed and life regeneration, which can stack several times.

Screenshot_5.png
Plague Wagon - Siege unit trained from the Plagueworks upon reaching T2. Plague Wagons can switch between two modes of attack.
Plague Cloud - which causes them to drop a Plague Cloud with each attack. Enemy units killed in the Plague Cloud will then turn into light Zombies that can Infect enemy units and turn them into even more Zombies. The Plague Cloud also deals damage over time to non-mechanical units.
Blight Spreader - which allows the Plague Wagon to cover an area with Blight on each attack. The Plague Wagon has reduced attack speed in this mode but also heals Undead units instead of damaging them.

Welp, that's all I have to show for now.

Level 35
I've definitely been slacking off on working on my Kel'Thuzad commander. Had to rework all my systems from scratch because they weren't functioning the way I wanted them to. Anyway here's some of the units I've done for my Kel'Thuzad commander!

View attachment 357446

Necrolyte - T1 spellcaster. Trained from the Cemetary. Originally the plan was for them to be both a worker and unit production center, but I scrapped that. The Necrolytes are responsible for raising Undead minions to fight for Kel'Thuzad. If the Necrolyte dies, any units raised by it will die along with it, making the Necrolyte an even more valuable target for the enemy.

Abilities: Raise Shambler - Light melee unit. Very fragile combatant that serves as nothing more than mere cannon-fodder. Can learn Undying Fury, which causes it to temporarily come back to life after being killed. Shamblers resurrected under the effects of Undying Fury gain 50% increased attack speed but will die after 10 seconds. Shamblers may later merge and form into a Bone Breaker, a heavy melee siege unit that reduces the armor of enemy structures with each attack.
Raise Marksman - Light ranged unit. Fragile ranged attacker armed with a bow and arrow. Can learn Cold Arrows, which allows it to fire a cold arrow every 5 seconds, slowing enemy units drastically. Cold Arrow can stack, allowing a group of Marksmen to greatly slow down a single target. They can also learn Blight Walker, which drastically increases their movement speed while on Blight.
Raise Bonecaster - Supporting spellcaster responsible for keeping the Necrolyte's pathetically fragile skeleton army alive. Can initially cast Weaken, which reduces attack damage of enemy units. Can also learn Longevity, which halts the expiration time of a group of summoned units and giving them life regeneration for 30 seconds, as well as Bone Shield, which forms a shield of unholy energies on three friendly summoned units, stopping them from taking any form of damage for 30 seconds or 3 attacks.

Shamblers, Marksmen and Bonecasters have a passive called Undead Essence, which increases their movement speed and attack rate while on Blight as well as pausing their expiration time. Ideally you'll want to engage on Blight.

View attachment 357447
Butcher - Heavy melee assault unit trained from the Plagueworks after reaching T3. Is Frenzied; which prevents it from being slowed by abilities and debuffs such as Slow, Frost Nova, or Banish. Can learn Tenderize, which reduces a target's movement speed by 60% for 3 seconds on attack. They also have the Consume ability, which allows them to devour a non-summoned allied unit, temporarily gaining increased movement speed and life regeneration, which can stack several times.

View attachment 357448
Plague Wagon - Siege unit trained from the Plagueworks upon reaching T2. Plague Wagons can switch between two modes of attack.
Plague Cloud - which causes them to drop a Plague Cloud with each attack. Enemy units killed in the Plague Cloud will then turn into light Zombies that can Infect enemy units and turn them into even more Zombies. The Plague Cloud also deals damage over time to non-mechanical units.
Blight Spreader - which allows the Plague Wagon to cover an area with Blight on each attack. The Plague Wagon has reduced attack speed in this mode but also heals Undead units instead of damaging them.

Welp, that's all I have to show for now.

This is looking very promising so far :)
Are all the abilities and effects listed integrated so far?

Level 27
I made a video showcasing all of the Casks and their uses. The video surpassed 1:30 minutes, so Fraps cut the video from the middle into two videos. I had to visit a third party website to combine the two separated videos. Hope the watermark isn't too distracting.

Amazing work, you're doing a very interesting concept with this race :)

Keeping with the Warsong Clan progress, here is a basic description of all the units as suggested by @Daffa. I guess it counts as a 4th WIP:

Gatherer
BTNpeon.png

Basic workers, their function is only limited to harvest lumber and extract gold.
Supplies Kodo
BTNRiderlessKodo.png

Mobile resource depot, but slow and vulnerable. Its use is optional, but has a notable strategical importance.
Pathfinder
BTNStormreaverGrunt.png

Secondary worker and good early explorer and defender. Its labor is required for construction and repair. As game progresses, they will be in charge of operating the siege weapons.
Marauder
BTNWarsongGrunt.png

Brutal tier 1 melee units. Excellent warriors who benefict from fighting together (as all the Warsong combat units).
Javelineer
BTNSpearmanWC1.png

Ranged warriors with a notable late game function as anti-aerial unit and ambushers.
Invader
BTNThunderlordRaider.png

Tier 3 fast melee warriors, better as damage dealers and harassers than as tank units.
Spiritual Guide
BTNOrcMage.PNG

Shamanistic spellcaster, it has a essential supporting role in armies.
Elder Sage
BTNOrcWarlockRed.png

Support spellcaster with abilities more focused on disrupting the enemy armies.
Mangonel
BTNCatapultWC1.png

Ranged siege weapon. It must be operated by Pathfinders to attack. Lesser stats than other siege weapons but can attack faster if operated by 2 Pathfinders.
Ram
BTNRam.png

Melee siege weapon. It must be operated by Pathfinders to attack. Can't attack units but deals excellent damage against buildings and is very resistant.

Although all of the Warsong units have a good potential, its in the late game that they unleash their full power, especially when they reach a certain point in tech progress that I'll reveal in the next WIP.

Level 35
Amazing work, you're doing a very interesting concept with this race :)

Keeping with the Warsong Clan progress, here is a basic description of all the units as suggested by @Daffa. I guess it counts as a 4th WIP:

Gatherer
View attachment 357514
Basic workers, their function is only limited to harvest lumber and extract gold.
Supplies Kodo
View attachment 357516
Mobile resource depot, but slow and vulnerable. Its use is optional, but has a notable strategical importance.
Pathfinder
View attachment 357518
Secondary worker and good early explorer and defender. Its labor is required for construction and repair. As game progresses, they will be in charge of operating the siege weapons.
Marauder
View attachment 357520
Brutal tier 1 melee units. Excellent warriors who benefict from fighting together (as all the Warsong combat units).
Javelineer
View attachment 357517
Ranged warriors with a notable late game function as anti-aerial unit and ambushers.
Invader
View attachment 357519
Tier 3 fast melee warriors, better as damage dealers and harassers than as tank units.
Spiritual Guide
View attachment 357512
Shamanistic spellcaster, it has a essential supporting role in armies.
Elder Sage
View attachment 357513
Support spellcaster with abilities more focused on disrupting the enemy armies.
Mangonel
View attachment 357511
Ranged siege weapon. It must be operated by Pathfinders to attack. Lesser stats than other siege weapons but can attack faster if operated by 2 Pathfinders.
Ram
View attachment 357515
Melee siege weapon. It must be operated by Pathfinders to attack. Can't attack units but deals excellent damage against buildings and is very resistant.

Although all of the Warsong units have a good potential, its in the late game that they unleash their full power, especially when they reach a certain point in tech progress that I'll reveal in the next WIP.

I'm very interested to see what comes next, sounds amazing so far :)

Chen Stormstout's development is also shaping up very well, I think this could be a very interesting contest.

@Riki Martin

What's the differentiating factor between Marauder and Invader?

Not sure why I would use Supply Kodo, but it looks interesting.

At a glance, I'm afraid the Pathfinder + Gatherer worker combination can be a hassle on early game. We'll see how it goes. I'm happy to see Pathfinder has additional usage later on.

Ram reminds me of heavy siege units. I hope this thing can be of much fun when breaking bases.

Spellcasters are interesting and would serve well in their roles.

That's pretty much what I deduce from the information given.

Level 27
@Riki Martin

What's the differentiating factor between Marauder and Invader?

Not sure why I would use Supply Kodo, but it looks interesting.

At a glance, I'm afraid the Pathfinder + Gatherer worker combination can be a hassle on early game. We'll see how it goes. I'm happy to see Pathfinder has additional usage later on.

Ram reminds me of heavy siege units. I hope this thing can be of much fun when breaking bases.

Spellcasters are interesting and would serve well in their roles.

That's pretty much what I deduce from the information given.
-The differentiating factor between the two units is basically the same as all T1 melee units vs T3 melee units (resources cost, food consumption, training times and Tier requirements). In battle, Invaders have higher mobility, damage and are more versatile. Marauders instead have a higher attack speed and can be trained faster and cheaper. Remember that the two units have an ability that greatly beneficts from fightning together, so perhaps Marauders can get a greater advantage of this, while Invaders can be greater individual damage dealers.

-Strategically, the Kodos can be used to easily gather resources that are at larger distances rather than waiting until a Main Hall is built in the location.

-Pathfinders can lighten the work of the Gatherers by doing the construction labors. As for their later usage, more Pathfinders means more operators for siege weapons and this means more fun destroying enemy buildings :D

In my last WIP I mentioned that late game of this faction can be essential to reach its full potential.

And this is what is coming for the Warsong Clan, the black building at the back is the Black Shrine, the ultimate building and research center for upgrades that will further enhance the faction units:
WIP5.PNG

BTNSpell_deathknight_bloodboil.png
Mannoroth's BloodBy drinking the Blood of Mannoroth, the Warsong Clan binds their will to the Burning Legion in exchange for enhanced demonic powers. Transforms Warsong Orcs into Chaos Orcs, increasing their base damage, attack speed and hit points. Spiritual Guides and Elder Sages will be transformed into Bloody Tricksters and Demonists respectively, enhancing their abilities with demonic energies. Grom will also receive improvements for his abilities. Unlocks new upgrades that will improve further the Chaos Orcs power.

Level 7
-The differentiating factor between the two units is basically the same as all T1 melee units vs T3 melee units (resources cost, food consumption, training times and Tier requirements). In battle, Invaders have higher mobility, damage and are more versatile. Marauders instead have a higher attack speed and can be trained faster and cheaper. Remember that the two units have an ability that greatly beneficts from fightning together, so perhaps Marauders can get a greater advantage of this, while Invaders can be greater individual damage dealers.

-Strategically, the Kodos can be used to easily gather resources that are at larger distances rather than waiting until a Main Hall is built in the location.

-Pathfinders can lighten the work of the Gatherers by doing the construction labors. As for their later usage, more Pathfinders means more operators for siege weapons and this means more fun destroying enemy buildings :D

In my last WIP I mentioned that late game of this faction can be essential to reach its full potential.

And this is what is coming for the Warsong Clan, the black building at the back is the Black Shrine, the ultimate building and research center for upgrades that will further enhance the faction units:
View attachment 357846

View attachment 357845Mannoroth's BloodBy drinking the Blood of Mannoroth, the Warsong Clan binds their will to the Burning Legion in exchange for enhanced demonic powers. Transforms Warsong Orcs into Chaos Orcs, increasing their base damage, attack speed and hit points. Spiritual Guides and Elder Sages will be transformed into Bloody Tricksters and Demonists respectively, enhancing their abilities with demonic energies. Grom will also receive improvements for his abilities. Unlocks new upgrades that will improve further the Chaos Orcs power.

Really excited to see what you will do with Grommash. I have a similar commander in my map with a similar design philosophy

Level 35

View attachment 357846

View attachment 357845Mannoroth's BloodBy drinking the Blood of Mannoroth, the Warsong Clan binds their will to the Burning Legion in exchange for enhanced demonic powers. Transforms Warsong Orcs into Chaos Orcs, increasing their base damage, attack speed and hit points. Spiritual Guides and Elder Sages will be transformed into Bloody Tricksters and Demonists respectively, enhancing their abilities with demonic energies. Grom will also receive improvements for his abilities. Unlocks new upgrades that will improve further the Chaos Orcs power.

Love the icon choice for this, and the transition is looking very intriguing. Grom Hellscream with chaos blood transition seems very fun to play :)

Apologies for not posting any updates on my entry for some time now...
Now this is not a WIP but just some stuff... you know.

Since I realised ships should be rather complimentary, and not a core part of the tech-tree, Kul Tirans will use strong Artillery instead.
Now that doesn't mean this map won't have ships, but Artillery should be a replacement on land maps, in regard of balance.

The idea is to have a simple ass Cannon with some upgrades, as well as a T3 Bombard (not yet modelled).
It will be much more powerful than any classic siege weapon. Not simply in OP damage, but rather the use of special artillery shells, against single target / AoE or buildings of course.

I plan the Kul Tirans to be generally sturdier than Easter Kingdom Humans, so their stats and food cost should be higher (thicc-boys like to eat a lot, if you played WoW).
There will be a light user support caster, as well as a sea magic Tide Sage attack caster. And perhaps a very special Kirin Tor T3 caster, still loyal to Jaina.

Of course as always you can expect models and skins for the entry... so yep, I'm still in the race!

NotWIP.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.