• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Development] Survive Custom: Divergent Conflicts (PC game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
After a quick look at Beta 5.5 :

- Flash Projector Debugger shows 2 error messages. Both are non-fatal.

SecurityError: Error #2148: Le fichier SWF file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/ABC/Mes%20documents/Téléchargements/WC3%20wip/rex/Survive%20Custom%20Beta%205.5/Survive%20Custom.swf ne peut pas accéder à la ressource locale . Seuls les fichiers SWF local-système de fichiers et les fichiers locaux de confiance peuvent accéder aux ressources locales.
at flash.net::NetStream/play()
at scripts::Design_22_22_VideoPlayer/_customEvent_PlayVideo()[Source/scripts/Design_22_22_VideoPlayer.hx:183]
at scripts::Design_22_22_VideoPlayer/init()[Source/scripts/Design_22_22_VideoPlayer.hx:254]
at com.stencyl.behavior::Behavior/initScript()[D:/See Teng Jiek/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/behavior/Behavior.hx:97]
at com.stencyl.behavior::BehaviorManager/initScripts()[D:/See Teng Jiek/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/behavior/BehaviorManager.hx:105]
at com.stencyl::Engine$/initBehaviors()[D:/See Teng Jiek/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:1088]
at com.stencyl::Engine/loadScene()[D:/See Teng Jiek/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:959]
at com.stencyl::Engine/enterScene()[D:/See Teng Jiek/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:1755]
at com.stencyl::Engine/onUpdate()[D:/See Teng Jiek/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2557]
TypeError: Error #1009: Il est impossible d'accéder à la propriété ou à la méthode d'une référence d'objet nul.
at MethodInfo-8253()[Source/scripts/SceneEvents_5.hx:468]
at com.stencyl.behavior::TimedTask/update()[D:/See Teng Jiek/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/behavior/TimedTask.hx:48]
at com.stencyl::Engine/update()[D:/See Teng Jiek/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2340]
at com.stencyl::Engine/postUpdate()[D:/See Teng Jiek/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2584]
at com.stencyl::Engine/onUpdate()[D:/See Teng Jiek/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2577]

- adding configurable keys would be nice. Or at least the possibility to use movement keys. Might attract more beta testers.
- title screen looks very nice - much of an improvement over v5.4's placeholder :thumbs_up:
- I trust black text with weapon description is not definitive
- Current in-game music is annoying imho (very repetitive). Not sure it is the effect desired right at the beginning of a game. Might drive off some players.

I can not test gameplay mechanics because of the keyboard layout
I also may not be able to fully enjoy the game, because my computer is not that powerful.

I understand graphics are more or less placeholders here.
Hope you will be as successful with your game as the guys who made this one, back in ye olde days
attachment.php

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, the error message has been known for some time but I tend to ignore as it doesn't affect the gameplay.

There will be different music coming out when the game development reaches the Alpha stage.

The keyboard layout system will be posted soon.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Does the download progression bar appear ? If not, then it is part of a known, yet unsolved issue.

I myself had much trouble getting the rar file (and others), but I finally succeeded.

Best workaround for now is to download, when your download speed is at its peak.

Download progression bar might appear (seems random), but this does not improve anything, thus a full download may still fail.

Level 19
I've finally downloaded it man.

I like the updates you made. :ogre_haosis:
Here are some comments:
In the start menu you have typo there: Hayate was named Hayte.
'About' option doesn't work.
You might want to change to color of the font because it's hard to read. (Maybe its just because of my eyesight.
attachment.php

In the weapons upgrade you could also indicate the change in the stats when before you upgrade the weapons.
You could also add a debriefing stage so people could know what the mission is. Or do we really randomly roam the map?
The mouse control is still not smooth man. Its still difficult to direct the character.
Is the boss unkillable? Or I don't just know how to kill it? I've used all my mags and tried to punch him man he's tough.
The intro music is great but the in-game music doesn't suit the game well. (It's just my opinion) and also the ringing bell is kind of annoying.

Keep up the good work in developing your game man.

Attachments

• Unreadable.jpg
    Unreadable.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 126
Level 15
I've finally downloaded it man.

I like the updates you made. :ogre_haosis:
Here are some comments:
In the start menu you have typo there: Hayate was named Hayte.
'About' option doesn't work.
You might want to change to color of the font because it's hard to read. (Maybe its just because of my eyesight.
attachment.php

In the weapons upgrade you could also indicate the change in the stats when before you upgrade the weapons.
You could also add a debriefing stage so people could know what the mission is. Or do we really randomly roam the map?
The mouse control is still not smooth man. Its still difficult to direct the character.
Is the boss unkillable? Or I don't just know how to kill it? I've used all my mags and tried to punch him man he's tough.
The intro music is great but the in-game music doesn't suit the game well. (It's just my opinion) and also the ringing bell is kind of annoying.

Keep up the good work in developing your game man.

Thanks apcrabnightlive!

I will add the indication in the next beta. And also it is just roaming around for now. The real mission will be built once the Beta 6 is completed. Now its just the mechanism development. The music will be change, no doubt about it.

The boss is killable, just upgrade your gun to the max and send the boss to hell.

I already managed to kill the bug that caused the lagging that we all experienced. The ringing bell? It's awesome... haha joking.

- 5.6 Survive Custom -
- Review -

Suggestion:
The points that are used to upgrade weapons or whatever it is.
Should not be on the start 100k,because thats too easy.
So u should give the player the ability,to collect the points somehow like points from chests,crates or from killing the enemy units.

Bugs:

First bug:
When the player press three times E,then when he is trying to click the picutres of weapons,bullet types and other stuff.
Then it looks like this:
img

It doesnt upgrades the weapon,it just make the picture less brigther.
So in main,it doesnt do the function that it should do.

Last bug:
I cant use the ammo on start,and i dont have the weapon.
So i have try reload,but i cant.
When i reached level 2,i found ammo on the ground.
Then i got a pistol,but when i died,i picked again the ammo and i have not get the weapon again.

That's all i know for now,i hope that this is useful for you Rex.

Level 15
Should not be on the start 100k,because thats too easy.
So u should give the player the ability,to collect the points somehow like points from chests,crates or from killing the enemy units.

It will be adjusted, plus it is my intention so that all the weapons levels can be tested.

First bug:
When the player press three times E,then when he is trying to click the picutres of weapons,bullet types and other stuff.
Then it looks like this:

That's an indication of the stuff that you selected. More like a highlight.

It doesnt upgrades the weapon,it just make the picture less brigther.
So in main,it doesnt do the function that it should do.

It should be functionable. The stats of the weapon can be shown when you placed your cursor on the items. Perhaps, you simply just click it and move your cursor away. The numbers besides the icons are indications of the level of each weapons.

I cant use the ammo on start,and i dont have the weapon.
So i have try reload,but i cant.

Can you elaborate more? What ammo you using? Is it the Sub-weapons? If it is, the procedures:
-Press 1
-Hold Shift
-Left click to fire

pyf

pyf

Level 32
My bug report for 5.6

I only tested the very beginning of the game

Graphics : Intel i915GM

Using Chrome, Standalone Flash Player (normal and debug), IE8 and Pale Moon. phew !

General issues
Lol, George Broussard achievement unlocked : it's Rex., not Rex (please see at the beginning of the game).

Please see also the "Hayte" typo at the 3D title screen.

Sadly all my bugs for 5.5 still apply. Most importantly, keys can not be redefined, and there is still no movement keys support.

For French keyboards, I suggest :
Z up
S down
Q left
D right
E, A, F, R (fire, inventory...)

Mouse should stay within the game's boundaries. If not, then the game seems kinda harder / annoying to play (might require more user feedback).

About performance gamewise : NPAPI vs PPAPI vs ActiveX vs Standalone = *draw*.
For me, only debug Flash releases are slower than standard releases.

Chrome 49 :
- The first opening Loading screen (the one citing Stencyl) may appear or not. The loading bar's color is always cyan

- Game might hang at Standby screen (happened only once)
Please check the sound bell, it might be the issue here.

- Enter key not responding glitch *not* happening here (please see below for a description of this issue, and a workaround)

- Bell sound is heard at the beginning of the level, instead of the Reloading sound.

- Glorious CTD at the very beginning of the game, by choosing no weapon, and punching repeatedly while running up ("Run and Punch" closes browser).

Standalone Flash Player
- First opening Loading screen (the one citing Stencyl) does not appear. It was already the case with previous versions of the game. The loading bar is dark green.

- No Enter glitch encountered (because it is a standalone player)

- SecurityError: Error #2148 message about Stencyl at the beginning (was already in 5.5, debug build only)

- Reloading sound is heard at the beginning of the level. In Chrome, it is a Bell sound.

- "Run and Punch" crashes the game too (but no CTD, contrary to Chrome). We get a black screen, but the Player itself does not crash

IE8
- Repeatedly loading / closing the game in multiple tabs at the very beginning will CTD (yeah, I like to kick that IE8 old dog). DEP seems to be implied somewhere

After that, DEP may crash browser for reasons beyond Reason. Restarting browser should fix that.

- First opening Loading screen (the one citing Stencyl) does not appear. Loading bar is dark green.

- Game may restart if clicking somewhere before music begins (IE will say the tab has been restored, good dog)

- the Enter glitch happens (please see Pale Moon entry for workaround)

- Reloading sound is heard at the beginning of the level. In Chrome, it is a Bell sound.

- "Run and Punch" CTD happens (closes browser)

Pale Moon
- First Loading screen loads properly (the static picture appears, and the progress bar goes from cyan to dark green, indicating assets are loading)

- When first pressing Enter, that is just before the 3D screen, game might restart from the first Loading screen (that is, the Stencyl one).

Might be because tab is not the focus when drag and drop is used, or because mouse is outside of the game screen, or because some data does not load completely at game start. Making mouse mandatory instead of pressing the Enter key can be a workaround for this issue, too

When drag and drop is used, the tab used y the game should be on focus, to avoid keyboard not responding. Safety checks might also be added for that throughout the game.

I did not test the "Run and Punch" CTD bug, because my beautiful Pale Moon never crashed and never will. 'Nuff said :D

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Done. Same error message.

Your exe is not XP32 compatible (fyi, the icon also does not appear). I have already encountered such symptoms, with software not designed for XP.

What did you use to create your exe?

Level 15
Well i tested it with windows 7 and 10 and turns out to be working well.

I create it with several applications and tools. Believe me, i spend weeks looking through forums and forums for it and there you have it, thr exe .!

I will try to make it compatible with xp. Why don't you test it with other pc if you have? I really appreciate your help.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Unfortunately, I own nothing more recent to test it with. :bored:

To create an exe out of a swf file, the official (and free) way:
Adobe Flash Projector 11 (standalone non-install player for flash)

Please look in the File Menu. The resulting exe will have a size of 57.8 MB (from 45 MB).
The possibility to create a standalone exe was dropped with more recent versions of the Flash Projector.

You can create a much smaller exe (48.4 MB) with Trong's swf to exe converter:
SWF Tools - SWF to EXE

Both are lacking the possibility to enforce fullscreen + maximized display size + centered view, all on startup.

Yet, I know it is possible to do it, since the PC version of Abobo's Big Adventure uses it (press F to toggle, uses Projector v10). I simply do not know how to do it.

More, random info:
SWF2EXE software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Err... The two programs I pointed you to, allow to create exe versions which do work with XP32, by using Flash Projector v11.

The Standalone Flash Projector v22 also still works with XP, but you can not create a standalone exe with it (option remains greyed out, even with the debug version).

You might also want to post a swf version only of your game.

** update **

@Rex.

A must-read:
Exploring full-screen mode in Flash Player | Adobe Developer Connection

All the stuff for fullscreen + centering is indeed done from the swf, not from the exe. Tested with the Abobo exe ;D

Last edited:
Level 15
#Screenshot Saturday! No3

We have being working on many stuff currently and maybe its time we show you a pic of inside the game itself. As you can see, there's a light setting and a 3d wall there. Yup, that's right 3d wall. With 3d walls, level design would be "abit" easier.

untitled-png.249021

Status
Not open for further replies.