• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stranglethorn

Stranglethorn

Map Info:

Once a seat of power for the Gurubashi Empire, now all that remains is ancient temples, deep jungles and pirates that roam these lands now. Time have come to take stranglethorn for your faction!

Features:
  • 5 Gold Mines - 15000 Main, 10000 Expansion, 15000 3rd
  • 6 Green Creep Camps
  • 8 Orange Creep Camps
  • 1 Red Creep Camps
  • 2 Goblin Merchants
  • 2 Taverns
  • 1 Mercenary Camp
  • 1 Fountain of Health

Screenshots:

2hciwsg.png

Author Notes:
Wanted to try something that was not the other style of symmetry i usually do, and also wanted to create something that is viable competitively. I present to you this. There is options for both ancient of war creeping, fast expanding and a healthy number of green camps. Alongside that is a contested merc camp and extra gold mine, and also kinda a fountain, which can make for some interesting play. I do think though, that the map lacks some some choice to have multiple ways to your opponent, though there is plenty still not as many as i would like.

Keywords:
1v1, map, melee, ashenvale, warcraft, sunken ruins, terrorkar forest, super fun time, bonestorm, competetive, etc, filmting, crazy, unicorns
Contents

Stranglethorn (Map)

Reviews
09:05, 15th Jun 2014 Orcnet: A fair and well made melee map, the use of Mercenary Camp of Lordaeron Summer on a Sunken Ruins theme is quite a good use due to the very valuable Forest Troll Priests and Berserkers for quick micro usage. Terrain is...

M

09:05, 15th Jun 2014
Orcnet: A fair and well made melee map, the use of Mercenary Camp of Lordaeron Summer on a Sunken Ruins theme is quite a good use due to the very valuable Forest Troll Priests and Berserkers for quick micro usage.

Terrain is not much of a problem but the middle area is quite something, you could just use an archway instead of dead gates and one gate that is in full health, not sure why you have to leave it that way.

In total, map is in good shape for a melee batch and considered approved.