• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Storytelling RP: Avataria #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
sounds good, have a nice sleep.
also i just posted it, and Arcisal Aaron has finally gotten tired, ok?

Haha. Alrighty. :)

But I wasn't complaining that he was tired. I was just saying if you plan to make it dramatic or an epic (the genre, not the description) story, then you should also consider physical and bodily limits. Just sayin'. That is all.

Level 19
@Arcisal and Clock: Agreed, Aaron can ressurect, fly, cure poison, etc etc etc. Maybe we should stop adding new abilities for the character? ;)

@Ironside: The MCC is a Mobile Command Center, a dwarven aircraft going to join the rebel forces, but it flew over the wall and recently crashed in the evil wasteland.
And Clock made up the recycling-idea, which means that the MCC's weaponry wouldn't work without crushed metal :)

Level 19
Yeah, he was, but story tells that he did, but let's keep it with this. Seriously, one more ability and I'll make up some story how to remove all of them.
And by creating "Darkness", you lost your permission to create characters -Peper-, for now :)

Going to update first post now :)

Level 15
His homeworld HAS magic ya know, and praying is anyones right, now the question you should ask is why hasn't the gods rejected him. And yer right, it doesn't make sense, but i love my charecters too much to get them risking being killed. Also I think this story will resolve itself rather quick, unless we do something..

Level 12
Fuck. I'm confused as shit.
So we get a third character?

And as I said clockwork, magically praying to a god of light is essentially, god-modding. You're like the invulnerable non-stopping cliche hero that you see in cheap low-budget movies that conveniently have a magical power that springs up each time to rescue him. Now I'm not saying that's against the rules, I'm saying it just sounds like plain shit, to be very frank. No offense though, that's criticism, which is harsh. Look at Amargaard's character, he voluntarily allowed my character to possess him when I allowed anyone to decide whose character I should possess next. You see, he didn't let his character have the good of everything, he allowed some bad things to happen to his character, which is was drives the story to greater heights and deeper depths. And allowing bad things to happen doesn't mean you dislike your character, it just shows that you want to contribute to the depth and complexity of the plot, which makes it all the more interesting to read. Not like some shabby lousy story.

Level 22
I make the King, just to let you know Amar :D
Now, don't tell me clock you're gonna summon a light again to defeat a tower-sized dragon.
Also, any suggestion about the Evil King's name?
Not defending myself from getting my character overpowered, but it is reasonable to make a shadow, source of evil, hatred and fear to not be defeated by a suddenly-has-magic elf, don't ya? Technically it is looked like a boss in a game, when then one of the thousand soldiers summon a light spear and pierces him to death.
Btw Razet's out till Darkness can fetch the antidote for him, if the tower doesn't get destroyed :D

Level 12
I make the King, just to let you know Amar :D
Now, don't tell me clock you're gonna summon a light again to defeat a tower-sized dragon.
Also, any suggestion about the Evil King's name?
Not defending myself from getting my character overpowered, but it is reasonable to make a shadow, source of evil, hatred and fear to not be defeated by a suddenly-has-magic elf, don't ya? Technically it is looked like a boss in a game, when then one of the thousand soldiers summon a light spear and pierces him to death.
Btw Razet's out till Darkness can fetch the antidote for him, if the tower doesn't get destroyed :D

If you checked my latest post on the RP, specifically "Other 2", then you would see Nagros planning to desert the war to avoid the punishment that traditionally awaits losing commanders from the higher ranks. Maybe this King could be the same person he was referring to? Just an idea. I thought it would be cool if there were more connections among the secondary characters.

And yes, I agree with the summon a light again. I just read how my character was discovered and captures and I immediately went *poker face*. Haha, nevermind. I just left him there anyways.

Level 19
Agreed, Aaron's becoming a little overpowered - And I'll see to it myself that he'll lose either all or some of his powers if no one else does :b
And I too, am confused as fuck. Where am I? xD .. I think Aaron captured me and Arcisal in a forcefield or something, but I have no idea what then happened to my beloved avatar char? :b

And -Peper-, the King is awzum, thanks for making him - I'll try contribute to his part of the plot a little :)
Character connections are awzum!

Beware, a post is coming up, but I will probably have to do a research through the new posts again, to finish it :b

Level 19
I'll made a post featuring most of the chars, except for Regex, Auxion and Razet - what happened to Razet, by the way? :)

If I wrote anything wrong - Highly possible as I'm still a little confused about what have recently happened - please let me know :)

Level 19
First person is a difficult way to write, if you ask me - I'll stick to third person, but here's some feedback for ya - remember that it is only constructive criticism, and meant in a friendly way :b

The tower trembles as the mighty creature jumped off of it.
*The very first sentence in your post ain't following the first person rules - no one refers to themselves as "the mighty creature" ^^
*Also, I noticed how you overused the word "began" - repeating a word in a story is a bad thing and it makes it a disturbing text to read.
*Beside of that, it seems like you love repeating a little part of the actions from the former posts by other players, all the time - This is not some TV series, in which narrators tell what happened in the last episode. In other words, you shouldn't do that neither in my opinion ;)
*With that said, I liked it, and I don't know if you do it intentionally, but your posts are always easy to continue - That's awzum! :)

Hmmm, I better update the main post once again ^^

Level 22
*The very first sentence in your post ain't following the first person rules - no one refers to themselves as "the mighty creature" ^^
Dafuq, too addicted to third person.
Also, I noticed how you overused the word "began" - repeating a word in a story is a bad thing and it makes it a disturbing text to read.
My vocabulary is too few :D
*Beside of that, it seems like you love repeating a little part of the actions from the former posts by other players, all the time - This is not some TV series, in which narrators tell what happened in the last episode. In other words, you shouldn't do that neither in my opinion ;)
I like watching anime btw
*With that said, I liked it, and I don't know if you do it intentionally, but your posts are always easy to continue - That's awzum! :)

^
Thanks!

Level 12
Just a note Peper, I don't entirely write in first person. I adopt the character's persona, in your case a raging dragon. Then I simple just fit whatever words that sound appropriate to the character's attitude. As I said, I don't write everything in first person, but I jump in and out, especially when describing the surroundings. Like for example, I don't use the word "I", instead I use he or Arcisal. But I do add in a few side comments from the character itself.

But don't be pressured to emulate exactly how other people write. If you enjoy my style of writing and others, then mix it in and create your own. Very much like music and art. It just plagiarism if you copy one work exactly. But if you adopt 2000 works then you'll become unique, with, in this case, your own writing style. Good luck!

Oh and Ironside, your character is like in it's own world. Nobody can fucking understand you or Auxion.

Level 12
Introducing... Zaarnoth! :)
Hope you guys enjoy reading it. Tell me if you think it's a chore reading it alright, so I can cut down on the rant. My recent post was ecclesiastically long. I described the place a lot, so beware.

Oh and by the way, I felt like wrapping up. So the rebels have taken the wall and are now celebrating. And another army of evil, the reinforcements mentioned by Nargos, is now camping outside of sight, ready to attack at any moment. The tower where the battle between Cadaos (R.I.P) and Aaron had ensued is half destroyed and also captured, renamed into Hillcrose Top. Sorry if you dislike the name! I felt like it needed a nice name, not something over-elaborate or complicated like something in elvish. Just something that was coined by simple rebels.

Level 12
Haha. I knew people would be confused.

What happen was Galros had miraculously survived the fall but however was left on the brink of death. Arcisal had inhabited Galros and surprisingly, felt the pain that Galros felt, which is impossible since Arcisal is a virus and thus, cannot feel human or organic feelings or stimuli. It is revealed that Zaarnoth, a sort of god that is the root cause of all the evil in the universe, had "encased" Arcisal within Galros body, whom he restored in order to carry out his plans.

Level 19
Also Ama'ar i meant for Kareena to have violet hair, brown works just fine though!
Okay.. please call me Am (By me, I mean me - the user), you should be able to remember that and others call me that.. and my character's name is Am'ar, not Amar, Amaar or Am'aar - how hard can it be? o_O
And since you didn't describe her yourself, I felt like I should do it - by the way, remember that describing stuff is the most important part of storywriting ;)

By the way, I've been to the hospital earlier today, to get my shoulder fixed. I'll have to wear a sling for a while, so I'm not sure I can participate much in the roleplay the next few days

174866-albums3028-picture56841.jpg

PS: This was all written with one hand and it took an eternity to do :O

Level 22
Vote for the Dark Destroyer, but I liked the Darkness' background in the other path.
Also, I'm gonna deeper the Cadaos' story arc by making a character in the next chapter. Yes, he is dead but not forgotten, no no.
Also Am, I know it's hard to write right now. But can you please update the main post (especially the character's background and traits unveiled and the summary) to up-to-date? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.