• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Something Else forum removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I suppose it could be a bad thing. Sometime people need to say something and they just can't help/keep it in themselves. You guys remember nova, and his talk about his girlfriend, well there's a good example.
I'm sure the something else topic will be missed, but i guess there isn't much us normal users can do about it. Wasn't there a pols forum that got deleted too, I can't remember.
I understand all the things that we post have to be recorded on SOMEONE'S computer, and it only has so much space, but if it really gets to be such a problem, there should be people who just go around, and delete all the empty/forgotten/unused threads.

Level 19
I still preferred when they left Something Else alone, just let it be as it is, it's already like the only place we can relax in without being so afraid of Moderators killing us...

Level 7
Maybe the next time we get someone like nova here again we can send him to the something else section, where people would appreciate reading it, and he might get some good replies other than a bunch of angry people. The only problem is it's been removed. Some people just can't help themselves and sending these things to the something else section is a lot better than banning them. You never can really know for sure what a mans potential is across the net.
I can think of a couple things this area could have done for us, but I'll leave it at this.

Level 20
Vampiro320 said:
Maybe the next time we get someone like nova here again we can send him to the something else section [...]
Haha.

Vampiro320 said:
[...] where people would appreciate reading it [...]
HAHA.

Vampiro320 said:
[...] and he might get some good replies other than a bunch of angry people.
HAHAHAHA.

Really now, you're oblivious to that fact that Nova was trolling you?

SE was a big pile of poo. But it was that kind of big pile of poo that was humourously disgusting, and you might even end up telling people about it.

Level 7
Don't think I'm completely oblivious to such facts, I read posts such as his when I'm bored, and could use something interesting/funny to read at the time. I personally enjoyed the one about his teeth growing extra large, and getting longer, I still joke about it sometimes. You got to admit, hearing about people real, or fake love life is quite funny. Some parts of his 'Ashlyn' stories got made me laugh.

Level 19
So could we please have the 'Something Else' Forum back...? The Off-Topic itself was mainly just for us to do Sensible-Not-Spam-and-Not-Fun Threads, while the Something Else was made for well -- Anything else that wasn't added inside General Discussion, in other words, that's Killing A Few Hundreds Of Birds With One Stone (Or Forum)... So please, if you guys would consider it, please get the Something Else Forum back...

So could we please have the 'Something Else' Forum back...? The Off-Topic itself was mainly just for us to do Sensible-Not-Spam-and-Not-Fun Threads, while the Something Else was made for well -- Anything else that wasn't added inside General Discussion, in other words, that's Killing A Few Hundreds Of Birds With One Stone (Or Forum)... So please, if you guys would consider it, please get the Something Else Forum back...
You have a point, but it doesn't really matter here. After all, we are reclaiming our good ol' bunch of crap. It won't work out. SE may be back if needed, as we predict.

Level 19
How about we replace Something Else with another kind of forum like a 'Homework Help Forum' or an 'Anime Forum' or a 'Suggestion Forum'... That way, we can still cover up some of the needs of users from the 'Something Else Forum'...

Level 18
How about we replace Something Else with another kind of forum like a 'Homework Help Forum' or an 'Anime Forum' or a 'Suggestion Forum'... That way, we can still cover up some of the needs of users from the 'Something Else Forum'...

Suggestion forum sounds nice, but I think some of the other forums could be used for that. I'm afraid an anime forum will attract some trolls, since there are some here on the Hive. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.