• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Seth's Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hehe, I promise the last 1/3rd will be 3 times better than first third of map, I have some mad ideas for it. In head it always looks better than it appears do be when it is done though.

I will save map's file to hiveworkshop's pastebin every day just to avoid accidents that would make me lose all work. I hope 25 MB every day in pastebin for one week would not cork hive, hehe.

Level 31
There are basically none proper egypt terrain imports except for some pyramids that are completely useless. It calls for an interpretation of many things. I'm glad it inspired you though.

Edit: Terrain update once again. This is the chamber of 3rd main questline boss you'd have to encounter. Lich have -Grendel's egyptian-looking skin. The yellow balls are floating in the air just for the looks. Hope you guys would like this.

31338417.png

Level 9
Thanks. :)

I was mapping and when I pushed Save File, window appeared representing saving progress bars and electricity went out, I thought it would ruin the file but luckily it was alright.

Yesturday accidently PC fell onto ground, breaking screen's plug and electricity flow plug / unite, PC went out, I was afraid it would not be all the damage and hard drive would lose all its memory because of hard crash into the ground, but luckily it was alright.

I don't know if I am lucky person or not, probably both. This one scared me.

Dude. Please put a BACKUP. I mean. Come on.

Anyways. How about if you put heiroglyphics, if you cast a spell as a Floating text. Though I highly doubt anyone can do that.

How about, you battle gods that went haywire ( is that acceptable? ), and give you legendary items to complete certain quest (i.e. The Soul of Osiris: Hear me, hear me! I have found the soul of Osiris! Yes, it is a part, but for one, it is very important. I hold the very important part of his body, the SHADOW. Go out and bring me the other parts of his soul, including : Ba, Ka, Akh and the secret name (ren) ! If you are successful then we are one step closer to bring him back, and to know how to kill Seth. If this was included in the video, sorry. I did not watch for I am loading another video as well.

~GOOD LUCK~
-Da Fist-

Level 31
I am constantly saving map's file on the internet, it is safe now.

Floating hieroglyphs would be nice of course, but it is rather difficult thing to do, and I have no clues from what to start.

Well, it is truly complex to get a proper god image model. Your suggestion could be a part of main quesline of course, but then the map is not big enough as I have almost planned everything already. The legend itself require only body parts and Isis then calls for his soul and resurrect him, then Osiris becomes the god of underworld and the dead as Anubis yields providing his place. According to the legend it is only Seth who is corrupted, of course more gods to fight would look cool. There still will be many bosses even though they would not be titled as gods. And it is more of to punish Seth, Seth will be the main boss to fight against, but one would not be fully killed. According to legend, killing Seth would not make Horus / in this case hero better than Seth is.

I appreciate your ideas. Thanks.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Oh man, your terraining is very inspiring. I'm a very good terrainer myself and I've seen pretty much everything there is to see but when I saw your new picture of your terrain I was thinking to myself "Just have a quick look at it then continue reading the posts inside this thread"

Once I glanced at it my sight stopped for quite some time, inspecting the artistic properties of the terrain.

Very well done APproject.

Level 31
What I meant is that shield from Zelda... The stones in sandbox from Halo 3, they look out of place.
The shield on the walls? Shield is from yu-gi-oh, yet the title should not be important at all. To me, the shield is egyptish, it has egyptish-looking eye on it and it is all what I need from it. The stones are simple stones to me, it doesn't matter what title it is. If they are designed for Halo, it doesn't make them any different from a stone. I happen to use meterial from different opera, but it can be useful no matter the theme.
Once I glanced at it my sight stopped for quite some time, inspecting the artistic properties of the terrain.
Woah, thank you very much for these kind words. I truly appreciate it. I hope to keep surprising you even though I may have to limit doodad use.
this project looks good, subscribed;)
Thank you. :)
This is amazing, where are you getting all these terrain tiles and doodads? :p Some of them I recognize from UTM.
Thanks, Vengeancekael. All terrain tiles, doodads, and models overally were / are being gathered from Hiveworkshop, Warcraft 3 Campaigns, Chaos Realm and Lowpoly Workshop. What is UTM?
I dont know if he's just experienced or there's some trick there.... For me, he is the best terrainer in the HIVE...
Hehe, don't be too generous, run through Terraining section and you'll see that I am rather average. But thanks. :)

Level 22
The shield on the walls? Shield is from yu-gi-oh, yet the title should not be important at all. To me, the shield is egyptish, it has egyptish-looking eye on it and it is all what I need from it. The stones are simple stones to me, it doesn't matter what title it is. If they are designed for Halo, it doesn't make them any different from a stone. I happen to use meterial from different opera, but it can be useful no matter the theme.

Woah, thank you very much for these kind words. I truly appreciate it. I hope to keep surprising you even though I may have to limit doodad use.

Thanks, Vengeancekael. All terrain tiles, doodads, and models overally were / are being gathered from Hiveworkshop, Warcraft 3 Campaigns, Chaos Realm and Lowpoly Workshop. What is UTM?

Hehe, don't be too generous, run through Terraining section and you'll see that I am rather average. But thanks. :)

Ah yes it is Yu-Gi-Oh.

Level 9
I am constantly saving map's file on the internet, it is safe now.

Floating hieroglyphs would be nice of course, but it is rather difficult thing to do, and I have no clues from what to start.

Well, it is truly complex to get a proper god image model. Your suggestion could be a part of main quesline of course, but then the map is not big enough as I have almost planned everything already. The legend itself require only body parts and Isis then calls for his soul and resurrect him, then Osiris becomes the god of underworld and the dead as Anubis yields providing his place. According to the legend it is only Seth who is corrupted, of course more gods to fight would look cool. There still will be many bosses even though they would not be titled as gods. And it is more of to punish Seth, Seth will be the main boss to fight against, but one would not be fully killed. According to legend, killing Seth would not make Horus / in this case hero better than Seth is.

I appreciate your ideas. Thanks.

Seth is the only corrupted god, yes. But, Apep (or Apophis in Greek), since he is a enemy of Ra (sun god?), maybe he can make an appearance where you will protect Isis, while she channels a spell to call the spirit of Osiris, from Apep. Maybe that will be the last quest o_O .

-Da Fist-

Level 4
Seth's Reign

Seth's Reign is egyptian mythology myth interpretation based single player RPG by APproject. Map's story is based on an interpretation of The Legend of Osiris myth.

Take a role of Egyptian Sorcerer and dive into the adventure of gathering Osiris' body parts and dealing with Seth himself for his cruel and wicked tyrony over the people of Egypt.

One of the main features: 12 chooseable hero spells classified into three types - Ra, Horus and Seth. Possibility of up to 81 spell combinations.

Map is fully voice acted. Certain spells were made by defskull. Map also contain at least 3 egyptian-like unique music tracks.

I would not want to reveal too much about the map, it remain to be seen.
Expected release date: End of August 2012.

Progress at the date of post: 2/5 Map Completed.

Short preview cinematic of the project:
(Seth's model may be replaced with PROXY's one which is under development)

17827148.png

clipboardc.png

tomb1.png

tomb2g.png

tomb3z.png

57410524.png

23872328.png

18971002.png

44683467.png

31338417.png
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey, before PROXY's Seth model whats the model? Its like it has four amrs and wileding 4 swords I think its like that. Cuz the before model of Seth is cool and I might use it on my map as a Final BOSS.

Level 31
Awesome project. Good luck with it.
Seth is the only corrupted god, yes. But, Apep (or Apophis in Greek), since he is a enemy of Ra (sun god?), maybe he can make an appearance where you will protect Isis, while she channels a spell to call the spirit of Osiris, from Apep. Maybe that will be the last quest o_O .
You are right, Apep is some evil crocodile creature, but I can't put Apep anywhere. According to the mythology of Egypt, Apep was the monster that would try to stop Gods from traveling with Sunboat which is a boat that links heavens and earth. So whenever Gods use Sunboat to travel to earth / sky, Apep shows up and Anubis with some other God, cannot recall who was the another God, are shown wielding weapons ready to strike Apep, but they never kill it, they just make a hole in Apep's belly and go through it with the Sunboat. So Apep shows up only in this case with Sunboat. I can't put Apep in any context since it would be against mythology. I appreciate your ideas though.
Hey, before PROXY's Seth model whats the model? Its like it has four amrs and wileding 4 swords I think its like that. Cuz the before model of Seth is cool and I might use it on my map as a Final BOSS.
It is Son of Anubis by Happycockroach, it can be found here in Hiveworkshop's model section.

Edit: Terrain update, this is some Ruins Obelisk play. The small picture is a part of the last body part keeping boss temple entrance. Bigger picture from up high will be a modest Ra's temple, there will be some hardcore quest by Ra's priest. These balls truly add more charm, hehe. It is not finished yet and it is in progress, it is seen from plain ground. Hope you guys would like it.
86651649.png

72457002.png

Edit: Another terrain update. This the last body part carrying boss fight place / arena.
82955825.png

Last edited:
Level 19
Its awesome how you create a terrain with a limited amount of doodads.

Also, just dont make sure that the voice acting becomes somehow like the one in your RotG (Gigantes), which I found somehow emotionless and monotonous.
Seth's voice seems a bit unclear and slow. Do a Bane voice :{D
Also, add some emotions on that voice acting.

Otherwise, nice :{D

Level 31
Its awesome how you create a terrain with a limited amount of doodads.
Also, just dont make sure that the voice acting becomes somehow like the one in your RotG (Gigantes), which I found somehow emotionless and monotonous.
Seth's voice seems a bit unclear and slow. Do a Bane voice :{D
Also, add some emotions on that voice acting.
Hmm, that's some difficult task to add clear emotions there. I can't promise strong emotion in recordings, but I'll try my best.
The voice in the video is ... to robotic..
Seth's voice have only a slight 0.3 second delay echo. Voices are pure without any edition there.

Level 31
Here is gameplay video. It is testing boss fight Erceups meaning some things may be changed and it is not final set of the boss fight. It is pure Ra spell combination, 2 spells are still missing because it is not acquired yet. Erceups is the last body part keeping boss, yet this boss is far from the last one. I apologise for cracking background sound, somewhy it recorded this way. Hope you guys would like it.
holy damn this is nice!

Level 31
Current map size is 31.1 MB even though I minimize voice acting file size to minimum without losing quality, uh, that is slightly bigger than expected, and it may continue growing!

Isis voice have been acted by my sister. Pharaoh_ was set to this task before her, but I had to let him go due to his abundance of activities that keep him busy. It would have been cool to have him as a part of this project though.
Hey, AP. When will be the game released? Love to play it..LOL!
Thanks. I have already mentioned September, not sure what would be the exact date. I am starting university next month, so it will be new to me, I'll see how it goes there.

Level 31
Yes it is. Map's playable area size may be 2nd to the largest I have ever made, but content is 10 times bigger than in any map of mine. Multiply my latest map Rise of the Gigantes by 4 times and you'll get Seth's Reign, every aspect included (Spells, quests, items, story, etc). This map have also the biggest cooperation of warcraft community compared to all the rest of my maps indeed. Map's file size will be also tremendous, just multiply Rise of the Gigantes.

I didn't expect it to that big actually. Was thinking of making it in one month maximum, and now it is still in progress since July 11. I am always having a feeling that bigger part of people wouldn't finish the map, most may play half and leave it like that, another part may go with cheats. So it feels like ending is not that important, but some people may play til the end of course.

I don't like making big maps, but this seems to be an exception, I enjoy it. As it is seen in gameplay video, slightly less than 1/3 of map's space left, having 2000 doodads limit left. Damn those pathing blockers. Few big optional quests left, nearly 8 boss fights to do and a nice dungeon to make.

Level 4
Yes it is. Map's playable area size may be 2nd to the largest I have ever made, but content is 10 times bigger than in any map of mine. Multiply my latest map Rise of the Gigantes by 4 times and you'll get Seth's Reign, every aspect included (Spells, quests, items, story, etc). This map have also the biggest cooperation of warcraft community compared to all the rest of my maps indeed. Map's file size will be also tremendous, just multiply Rise of the Gigantes.

I didn't expect it to that big actually. Was thinking of making it in one month maximum, and now it is still in progress since July 11. I am always having a feeling that bigger part of people wouldn't finish the map, most may play half and leave it like that, another part may go with cheats. So it feels like ending is not that important, but some people may play til the end of course.

I don't like making big maps, but this seems to be an exception, I enjoy it. As it is seen in gameplay video, slightly less than 1/3 of map's space left, having 2000 doodads limit left. Damn those pathing blockers. Few big optional quests left, nearly 8 boss fights to do and a nice dungeon to make.

Keep it up! Will love to see the release of the game!:thumbs_up:

Level 31
I suggest you release it before that time.

One of two things will happen: either you'll have no time to finish the project, or your university performance will suffer because of your work on it.
Hmm. I'll take the risk, because there is no way of finishing it before that, many things left undone. I don't worry much about university, I'm pretty sure I'll have the time for both, I hope.

Level 1
Are you maybe planing any kind of multiplayer RPG in the future?
Since this kind of talent and dedication would be wasted if you dont continue project's like this.

One more thing, i understand that creator is "AProject" is it a team or just and "organisation" with only one man working?

Level 20
Since this kind of talent and dedication would be wasted if you dont continue project's like this.

One more thing, i understand that creator is "AProject" is it a team or just and "organisation" with only one man working?
APproject* and i guess he is only one man working.

ontopic:
how is the progress of the map? i saw the last gameplay vid and it was awesome! keep up the good work:thumbs_up:

Level 31
Thank you for your kind words. :) No, sorry, all maps of mine are single player and I would remain to make single player. I am having troubles with leaks and testing online, since I cannot join any online game, for example, battle.net or garena would not recognise me, and I am ok with it.
It is only one man working. It is just my name that is weird, hehe.
how is the progress of the map? i saw the last gameplay vid and it was awesome! keep up the good work
Thank you. :) The progress is quite slow, moved forward very slightly in past few days. Took a whole day for me to deal with 3 items only, as all of them required unique trigger system to work, some distractions may not let me spend more time on it. Took another day for one item and making a simple oasis terrain, as you see it goes very slow currently.

Level 21
I'm looking forward to this and you have my vote.
Oh and I love on how you made this map to inspire Ancient Egypt.

Level 31
I'm looking forward to this and you have my vote.
Oh and I love on how you made this map to inspire Ancient Egypt.
Any kind of progress, doesnt matter if its slow or fast, its still a progress.
Just keep up the good work.
Thanks, guys.

Well I guess I am used to do big progress most of the time, that's why a slow one looks like no progress to me, but yeah, you are right about it, Burke.

Edit: I've received narrator voice acting files from NightElf125 and now intro cinematic is finished, it is rather simple, yet it is the most important what is being said.

Here is a one of views while cinematic. This landscape will be the very first sight that will be seen when the map is started.

69830953.png

Status
Not open for further replies.