• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 11
Are you really planning on limiting the amount of towers we can build or giving towers a food cost ? or this just some bizarre joke?

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

So, let me try to guess. Towers are actually made of paper: heavy armor, 600 HP, mediocre damage, vulnerable to AOE( and since we love to stack em, that's a big thing whenever we encounter heroes with AOE). But why do we love towers? They are quite cheap and easy to rebuild. So it's either build time or cost? My bet is towers gonna get their price increased.

Level 11
The Legends of Arkain wikia needs a serious revamp, otherwise it looks like this:
upload_2017-10-6_11-52-10.png

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
This is not our wikia.
I cannot stress this enough.

This mentioned "wikia" is unofficial, is unsupported and will never ever be given any official support
from neither @Kasrkin nor myself.
A user currently banned from this website has created it without our consent, it has nothing but
our contempt - just like the user who created it.

We are very displeased with the mere existence since it pretends to be a wikia while we would never
accept this thing as official.
The few good articles it has, have been written by @Championfighter25, the rest is crap.

If we ever created anything like this, we would make sure to avoid any unofficial to edit any of it.
Please do not support this wikia by visiting or contributing to it.

Level 10
This is not our wikia.
I cannot stress this enough.

This mentioned "wikia" is unofficial, is unsupported and will never ever be given any official support
from neither @Kasrkin nor myself.
A user currently banned from this website has created it without our consent, it has nothing but
our contempt - just like the user who created it.

We are very displeased with the mere existence since it pretends to be a wikia while we would never
accept this thing as official.
The few good articles it has, have been written by @Championfighter25, the rest is crap.

If we ever created anything like this, we would make sure to avoid any unofficial to edit any of it.
Please do not support this wikia by visiting or contributing to it.

Only info ever leaked from Arkain industries was released by our little reporter girl. And she´s on Kasrkin´s mercy now :D :D
(is it true that the Tyrant lost her to Kas in a round of "who kills more ghouls"?)

Level 22
I feel like chapter 10 will make us play as the dwarves and we will... have to defend for 20-30 minutes and wait for reinforcements.( aka the aid) Even Shar teased that they will maybe be the ones that receive the aid.
I hope im not right!

Level 10
I feel like chapter 10 will make us play as the dwarves and we will... have to defend for 20-30 minutes and wait for reinforcements.( aka the aid) Even Shar teased that they will maybe be the ones that receive the aid.
I hope im not right!

Or you will have 30 minutes to fight your way through the enemy base to reach them and save them.

Level 11
Oh that drawf thing, that's the chapter Shar mentioned long, long ago where we'd have to wait xx minutes for reinforcement.

This should prove interesting, finally getting to play a mission I've anticipated playing for so long :)

Level 29
I hope im not right!

Please Shar make it some sort of

Legends of Arkain:
Battle of the Five Armies!

PLEASE!!!:D

Level 5
Gardon will be king/emperor or whatever it is of Zayir at the end of the day, just watch, and anybody who dislikes his policy or dares says anything about it will get a free helicopter ride, just like the ones pinochet gave out in chile, this is the way of the dictator after all...

anway...

I like arkain and gardon and all, I follow this thread regularly but wtf happened to my post? they put a pictures of me being called a bitch, I reply and get my post deleted, where's the fairness in that?
I get the whole off topic rules thing, but would you be happy if youre getting called a bitch on some fan wikia, right on the front page, for no damn reason, and then when you make a statement about it, the statement gets deleted?

Level 11
so we get to experience another episode of behind the scenes of arkain, sweet.

I personally really enjoyed that cutscene of Aedale being talked to by both her sister and lysera, this really made me wonder how reliable her narrative was

Oh and regarding the chopper rides,

I just couldnt leave this out (sorry)

Level 29
At everyone:
Since I'd like to see this turn into a discussion, please elaborate how you voted and why. :p

I voted:
-Sapphira's and Rahandir's undeads: because I honestly believe they still seek to fulfill Aridon's desires to keep balance, but the methods they will use will be different
-Larine: she defended the cooperation between the kingdoms and the elves, a thing we all know it was necessary. Plus, she seems to be the only one to realize that Salana is now pretty much a puppet of Gardon, and as a rational being she opposes it, and tried to eliminate a potential big threat (Brian) even if she failed completely

Level 11
I voted for:
Larine: She doesn't seem evil at all, in fact she was just trying to do what's right most of the time
The Royals: They were trying to defend their country and their homes, and did everything they could towards that end

Level 29
@Shar Dundred I had this question stuck in my head for some time: What faction of the undead does Sir Edoarus serve? Rhandir's faction or Sephira's faction?

We have seen Dark Elves fighting for Sapphira on Chapter Six., and since he was seen giving them orders, most likely he serves Sapphira.
But I still believe that Aridon lives and pretended to die.

Level 3
@LISBOAH In what mission and at which point was Sir Edoarus giving the dark elves orders? I dont recall this at all
in chapter 9 of SHB if you spare the dark elves base in chapter 6, they will be present there and taking command from edoarus.they will attack the golden guard vanguard with the black dragons

Level 22
I voted for:
Gardon, Vail & Co: Although he doesn't do this for the kingdoms Gardon will make sure unlike some certain other people that the continent doesn't fall. Vail is not evil because she wants to fix her ancestors mistakes by proving that she can be trusted and it's stupid to hate someone for his bloodline. Im sure the Zyaianor empire under both of them will not be so bad.

Saphira:
While she doesn't share Aridon's goal of balance she does want to defeat the demons for good. Some of her actions are partly revenge driven, but they haven't caused widespread damage.

Royals: They just want to defend their land. Nothing wrong with that.
I had this question stuck in my head for some time: What faction of the undead does Sir Edoarus serve? Rhandir's faction or Sephira's faction?
Since he hasn't appeared after chapter 4 we can't say. Since we saw him in chapter 4 in purple, aka the color of the Splecir nexus, which Saphira has technically control over he serves her.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Good guys: Dorten and royalists. Simple as that.
Least evil: Gardon. Well, he uses mindcontrol amulets, consipres with ancient force, tries to revive a dead nation. All of that sounds quite questionable, yet he does that for humanity.
Aridon and by extension Rahandir. They fight for Arkain. And fight other mortals, but mostly against demons to save the realm.
Others are so questionable I cant simply put em into a category and I doubt I'll ever find one. The Golden Guard fullfills their orders, which are... Strange? Have a strong suspicion the emperor is mindcontrolled by that Dark One. Larine is just an outlaw. Orcs could be good unless their hypocrisy about honor.

Level 10
At everyone:
Since I'd like to see this turn into a discussion, please elaborate how you voted and why. :p

Royals (Larine + Dorten and company). Cos they dont have time for that betrayal crap. Demons are coming baby, and they are mad!
Progaderas. Cos hes smokin hot!

Level 5
I voted for:
Progaderas:
Come on, the dude just sits around volcanoes and shit doing nothing to provoke other people and then we just straight up murder him again and again.

The Undead (Both factions):
They just want to save the realm from forces that may destroy it (eg. the demons or the races themselves) although their methods are questionable, they are doing it for the sake of the world.

The Ironfist:
A perfect example of "The ends justify the means" sort of type, seeing as they would do anything and everything to save the continent from demons or otherwise.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Normally, I don't vote in my own strawpolls, but since this is a point of view discussion, I will make an exception.
(Also it has been a while since I shared a point of view on Arkain events like that)

I voted for Saphira's Undead, Rahandir's Undead and the Kingdoms.
Here my thoughts on them & a few other factions as well.

Saphira's Undead and Rahandir's Undead
The Undead all share one and the same goal, no matter the leader: Bringing balance to Arkain.
The Avatar of Death could have destroyed the entirety of the Demon race when the Demon God
had died, but didn't because the Avatar had realized that they and their chaos are part of the balance,
just like the other races
Destroying the Demons would destroy the balance unless all other living races were destroyed as
well - which Aridon wouldn't want to do. Now that the Demons endanger the balance with their
invasion, the Undead had to act, but they would never destroy a race that belongs to Arkain and
is part of the balance - this is not the WarCraft universe, Demons are part of this world here.
The Humans don't care about this balance - or even know about it - and would gladly completely
destroy the Demons if they had the chance - and you or I couldn't really blame them for doing so.
The Undead see the bigger picture: A race that got rid off the biggest threat to its existance,
are able to grow and expand unchecked, surpressing and controlling every other race. This must
not happen if the Undead are to keep the balance.
Of course, one could argue that the Undead and Aridon aren't saints, like they kill you, take your soul,
reanimate your body to fight your living friends and turn you into an unliving abomination, turning you
effectively into a slave.
But the Undead wouldn't claim to be saints anyway. They do what must be done, be it good or evil.

Royals
The Kingdoms are the faction that gets punched in the face the most.
They've defended themselves against the endless tide of Demons ever since before their foundation.
They've been screwed by Genethas in the Void War and now by van Durce and the Empire.
While the Golden Guard were hiding behind stone walls and forced citizens into service to do their
dirty work, the Kingdoms held their ground against the Demons - or at least tried to.
While Dorten despised van Durce, the Golden Guard and the Empire, he wouldn't fight them because
he and his forces had the duty to protect humanity itself. He wouldn't let politics stand in his way.
Only when the war between van Durce and Gardon reached its peak, he knew that he had to choose
a side to prevent that the side who would help him against the Demons - being Gardon, since van Durce
wouldn't suddenly start helping the Kingdoms - lost too many forces. Also, he really disliked everything that
van Durce was doing. Unlike the High Lord Inquisitor, King Dorten wouldn't betray his allies just like that.
Of course, the Kingdoms also have blood on their hands, but they do what they must to protect themselves.
Unlike Gardon, Dorten wouldn't sacrifice everything - like humanity itself - to achieve victory.
This might doom him to be more likely to face failure, but makes him more noble. Too bad that nobility
alone doesn't fend off Demons and other dangers.

Retka's Rebellion
Retka and his rebellion were tricked and screwed and used, but they were still more than willing to attack
their brothers and sisters in arms in the middle of a war for the sake of power.
While van Durce was manipulating and even supporting them, they were the ones doing all the betrayal and killing.
Ironically, in the end, the only one who benefitted from their rebellion was Gardon, who gained control of
two kingdoms.

Ironfist
I have always liked Gardon. We all know that he isn't the kind of person to care for morals and isn't above
using reckless methods when necessary - like torture or using certain amulets to keep his officers in line.
Dark and ruthless, he is the merciless fist that is doing what must be done in order to achieve ultimate victory
against his hated enemies - he knows that the boundaries of morale, "good", and nobility must not hold him
back if he is to reach his goal. His goal not being power, riches or respect, but the complete annihilation of
mankind's enemies. The revival of Zyainor is just another step to reach his goal.
He isn't evil, but he isn't really good either. He would use EVERYTHING at his disposal, and I mean EVERYTHING,
to reach his goals. If he were in a position to sacrifice the entire continent to destroy the Demons, he might do it.

Orc Federation
I am not sure if it was @LISBOAH or @Championfighter25 who came up with that name, but I find it hilariously
fitting.

The Orcs are in a position where they face the extinction of their entire race. They wouldn't be wiped out within
a day or two, but in the long term, the survival of their race is very endangered - they themselves being responsible
for it.
They are also pretty much the only race that the Undead don't consider a part of the balance and therefore it is
unlikely that the Undead would even lift a finger to avoid the Orcs from getting annihilated. Or would they?
They are a race that keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again. If they had never fought each other,
they wouldn't be in the position they are now in. Rangul started going in the right direction, but screwed up regardless.
The Orcs are doing what they are doing to stay alive, they used the Demon invasion as an opportunity to raid, to pillage
and to conquer - and the Demons made them pay for that.
There have been countless events affecting the Orcs in the background of the Second Human Book that I cannot
refer to, but I think them gaining a ton of allies gave you a first impression that their racism got toned down after
the Demons screwed them up.
Regardless, the Orcs do what they are doing for the future of their race - pretty much similar to the Kingdoms,
one could argue. Still, they are responsible for too much to be considered the good guys, I think. At least at this point.

Golden Guard
They are probably the most hated human faction by now - for a good reason. They've always been arrogant and proud,
just like their leader High Lord Inquisitor Renald van Durce.
The reason for their behaviour and personality is their training, their dogma and their leadership. They are hardly the good
guys, but classifying them as an evil faction would be too simple. Renald van Durce might be called van Douche for a reason,
but he is also just following orders - and when the Emperor calls, he follows without question.

Progaderas
This Firelord is probably almost as iconic as Gardon is by now.
He keeps showing up - and keeps getting killed by heartless and greedy players - yes, I am talking with YOU directly.
He isn't good or bad, he is just got into the middle of this war - or at least that is the impression given so far.
I can tell you that no matter what might or might not happen in the future, it won't change him not being a good
guy.

Larine
You know, when I made that poll, I didn't expect Larine to get so many votes - or any votes at all.
I myself didn't really consider her good or bad or anything, pretty much just neutral.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Arkain is like Game of Thrones. The good guys die quickly, the bad guys take a lot longer to die. The complex folks still kicking.

Level 10
At this point of the war, it just goes down to the number of atrocities each side has committed. And Larine, except for wanting to bang Salana, was always trying to protect her people. Not many slaughtered innocents there.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Speaking of good guys, it's strange how mysterious voice hyped up Blen at the end of the first human book, only for him to be pretty much killed off screen xD I guess Shar decided to kill him at the late stage of the project.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
[...] And Larine, except for wanting to bang Salana [...]
You keep saying that despite the only homosexual relationship - or at least the only thing kinda close to it, I guess the term is hardly fitting - is Aedy/Lisara. :p
Speaking of good guys, it's strange how mysterious voice hyped up Blen at the end of the first human book, only for him to be pretty much killed off screen xD I guess Shar decided to kill him at the late stage of the project.
BTS, my friend, BTS.

Level 10
You keep saying that despite the only homosexual relationship - or at least the only thing kinda close to it, I guess the term is hardly fitting - is Aedy/Lisara. :p

Dont mention Aedy/Lisara. Those two have some serious relationship issues. Even Donald Trump wouldnt grab that by the .... Besides, all of us watched enough (adult content videos with elves) to know how elven societies work multiverse wide.