• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 29
I swear, this Progaderas has more lives than a freaking cat!:D
We can defeat van Durce, the orcs, the demons and perhaps even the Dark Entity, but Progaderas? Nope!

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Comes back even more angry every time, more huge? Who knows, all I know is this is just another tick on the list.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I swear, this Progaderas has more lives than a freaking cat!:D
Since the series was originally planned to have three books per race (and no spin offs) and since
Progaderas was supposed to appear in every book one time, he used to have nine lives - like a cat. :p

Now he has like... Well, more than that!

Level 16
We defeated him more than once so he is no pro.
I got it! He has the control over the factory that creates Ankhs of Reincarnation! That makes so much sense now!:D
lol, sound like a tactical plan of Gardon: "Prodageras, Director of Ankhs & Co could provides us infinite Ankhs of Reincarnation. We need to capture him at ALL costs."

Level 22
We defeated him more than once so he is no pro.
I got it! He has the control over the factory that creates Ankhs of Reincarnation! That makes so much sense now!:D
Hehehe, if Gardon takes control of the factory he can make blood shields without caring about sacrifices. And im sure van Durce will get 1 million ankhs after we are finished with him so that Gardon can kill him again and again forever. *insert evil grin and laugh here*

Last edited:
Level 10
Sooo, chapter 10 you say. Tell us, are there new models to be seen in this chapter? Both units and buildings? Or will the rosters remain the same?

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

@Shar Dundred Do you plan to make another map like undead chapter two in any of the upcoming books? Meaning something related to realms outside reality, dreams, minds or whatever.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

@Shar Dundred Do you plan to make another map like undead chapter two in any of the upcoming books? Meaning something related to realms outside reality, dreams, minds or whatever.
Venturing into Gardon's mind? Well... On the other hand, I can imagine a mission where we have to get inside Aedale's mind and free her of Lisara, calling upon spirits of virtue, like Largoth called upon the mortal sins.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Sooo, chapter 10 you say. Tell us, are there new models to be seen in this chapter? Both units and buildings?
Yes.

There are plans to create at least one chapter with similar style, yes.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

OMG! I never realized it! XD!
So basically tha supposed boss turns into pretty much a walking wall.

Pretty much. I feel like the hardest encounter in this map is the first one. I always lose someone there for some reason (I think I lost Footman when I played this one, which means Hatred). Maybe it just takes a while to get into the rhythm of controlling all these special units.

Level 6
Why does not the cheat 'allyourbasearebelongtous' work? Can you fix it ? :) I can't finish a mission there and stuck for weeks:(

Level 22
I'm stuck at the first mission of FHB part.
Are you playing it on normal or hard?
This mission is easy, but since you need tips, if you can even call these tips:
-Train a lot of chaplains, you will have access to a fountain of health, but it will not be enough, you need healing on legs too.
-Once the quest that wants you to destroy the purple orc base appears do it immediately, you will get an extra ally that will take some of the pressure off you.
-Build a lot of towers for defense and to have something to protect your workers once orc wind riders begin attacking. That being when you get the quest to destroy the yellow orc base.

Last edited:
Level 10
-Train a lot of chaplains, you will have access to a fountain of health, but it will not be enough, you need healing on legs too.
-Once the quest that wants you to destroy the purple orc base appears do it immediately, you will get an extra ally that will take some of the pressure off you.
-Build a lot of towers for defense and to have something to protect your workers once orc wind riders begin attacking. That being when you get the quest to destroy the yellow orc base.

Come on, god mod cheat isn´t enough? First book isnt THAT hard. Yet.

Level 6
Come on, god mod cheat isn´t enough? First book isnt THAT hard. Yet.
I don't like God mode it's so inhumane cheating LoL. Just wanted to play the next mission because I'd been stuck at the first for weeks now :D Srry I realy get crushed by enemies while I'm still building stuff O.O

The god mode is too superb... I mean so cheating and I'm not using that. I just wanted to skip to the next mission because I got so vexed for being stuck for so long haha :D
I see, I haven't tried the many towers method. LoL.

AND...
I played NORMAL mode. I downloaded the campaign pack some time ago and tried to sneak to play the FHB and yet it happens, I got stuck and can't beat the many bases. Well, I'll try your multiple tower tactic, it's good that towers don't have limits :)

Last edited:
Level 3
Why does not the cheat 'allyourbasearebelongtous' work? Can you fix it ? :) I can't finish a mission there and stuck for weeks:(
you don't need cheats to finish that chapter;), just like championfighter said train bunch of chaplain for healing and also train many knights as you can! you don't necessary need to train crossbowman, their only purpose their is to complete the optional quest and after that you can send them to their deaths and replace them by knights and chaplain. there is also a micro mission in that chapter but you can find fountains of health and mana(expect them to be guarded by some creeps) so your health and mana regen will not going to be a big problem

Level 6
you don't need cheats to finish that chapter;), just like championfighter said train bunch of chaplain for healing and also train many knights as you can! you don't necessary need to train crossbowman, their only purpose their is to complete the optional quest and after that you can send them to their deaths and replace them by knights and chaplain. there is also a micro mission in that chapter but you can find fountains of health and mana(expect them to be guarded by some creeps) so your health and mana regen will not going to be a big problem
Will check your suggestion out and let's see if I can beat these orc-like guys ^_^

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

That would be too cruel. I managed to do the 1st mission with just 2-4 towers in a nice chokepoint with that indestructible fence.

If they cost food, then they are not worth making at all. It's always better to mobile units.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I'd rather pay for workers :D Making them free made acquiring resources too easy.

Level 22
I'd rather pay for workers :D Making them free made acquiring resources too easy.
One of the best features of the campaign is to have way bigger battles than normal Warcraft 3. Adding food to towers or making workers cost food will ruin that which i think will destroy a big part of the appeal. But let Shar decide what to do.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

One of the best features of the campaign is to have way bigger battles than normal Warcraft 3. Adding food to towers or making workers cost food will ruin that which i think will destroy a big part of the appeal. But let Shar decide what to do.

I'm not forcing him to do anything, I was just sharing my opinion. Resource management is an important part of this game, and I feel like it would be more fun and challenging to work with limited resources. It's way too easy to amass 20-30k gold and lumber, which means you can replenish your armies easily and brute force your way through every encounter.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

I'm not forcing him to do anything, I was just sharing my opinion. Resource management is an important part of this game, and I feel like it would be more fun and challenging to work with limited resources. It's way too easy to amass 20-30k gold and lumber, which means you can replenish your armies easily and brute force your way through every encounter.
The problem is you dont have much of a choice at this point. The campaign needs you to build sizeable forces to proceed. Sometimes you have to sacrifice your army a few times to get past your enemy and that's why you need workers without food cost(more resource income, a bigger army, towers of course:p). If they ever get that feature back the concept of warfare in arkainverse has to be redone. Or else it would be way too difficult. I mean very-very difficult. Well, not for Kasrkin, but I am not as good as Kasrkin, unfortunately.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

The problem is you dont have much of a choice at this point. The campaign needs you to build sizeable forces to proceed. Sometimes you have to sacrifice your army a few times to get past your enemy and that's why you need workers without food cost(more resource income, a bigger army, towers of course:p). If they ever get that feature back the concept of warfare in arkainverse has to be redone. Or else it would be way too difficult. I mean very-very difficult. Well, not for Kasrkin, but I am not as good as Kasrkin, unfortunately.

I'm aware it's too late to go back to old system, I was just illustrating my point.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Although we won't go back to the old system, i think once the massive update that adds the factions is done we may get a revamped system, maybe even way better than the current or old one.

What faction update? I haven't heard about this before.

Level 22
What faction update? I haven't heard about this before.
The idea is that in the beginning of a mission you can chose one of a few factions. This will change the gameplay style and add a lot of replayability. Like would you want an very small army, but one composed of your most elite warriors? Would you want a very large army composed of weak troops that can overwhelm your enemy quickly? Or do you want a balanced army, both good in numbers and average in strength?
This will however be added way later, maybe once all campaign are finished. I remember Shar mentioning this a long time ago and saying he will add it.

Last edited:
Level 22
You sure you want an orc hero like a Blademaster with 1 million health and 1 million damage? Well why doesn't Shar give him 5 items for attack speed and 1 that blocks spell too? :D
Warning Shar don't implement this idea... oh wait too late for that! :p
At least make Kasrkin test it first.

Level 3
You sure you want an orc hero like a Blademaster with 1 million health and 1 million damage? Well why doesn't Shar give him 5 items for attack speed and 1 that blocks spell too? :D
Warning Shar don't implement this idea... oh wait too late for that! :p
At least make Kasrkin test it first.
Its hyperbole man.. I hope shar won't take it literally:D

I just want to say i've most likely want to have and enemy that have more health and damage than having tower with food cost:(

Level 20
Cmon dont give pesanta food cost...As if dealing with three armies pounding us to oblivion is not enough,If you do at least raise the cap at 120 which it could be a reasonable balancing tool...Having to grind out a map for 4 hourse straight is nerv racking as it is crippling the pesants would add another couple of hourse to your maps which i really dont wanna go through...Increased risk of losing another mouse :eek:

Level 22
Cmon dont give pesanta food cost...As if dealing with three armies pounding us to oblivion is not enough,If you do at least raise the cap at 120 which it could be a reasonable balancing tool...Having to grind out a map for 4 hourse straight is nerv racking as it is crippling the pesants would add another couple of hourse to your maps which i really dont wanna go through...Increased risk of losing another mouse :eek:
I think he won't do it, but i see a revamp of the gameplay later down the line. And please Shar don't add that towers cost food or that you get a max of 20 towers a mission as Kasrkin said.

Last edited:
Level 29

Shar has been deciding everything till now and everything has been such a breeze right?;)