• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 10
Here is a spoiler, what is almost always used by the player but never actually used against you intentionally?

Strategy, cunning, back doors that are lightly guarded, floods, tornadoes, all-air attacks, defectors (im lookin at you Ironside!), peasants, snacks, drinks, time, faith, God, whosyourdaddy, iseedeadpeople...

Level 29
I will admire him for that too. He's very busy, yet he still does it, even though he knows it's just a hobby. But why do i feel like he hates himself for making this mission?:p

He hates himself, which increases the hate he will put in the mission. Then we will REALLY hate the mission and hate Shar for doing it...and the cycle repeats.

Level 22
He hates himself, which increases the hate he will put in the mission. Then we will REALLY hate the mission and hate Shar for doing it...and the cycle repeats.
A cycle you say? Like Aridon's cycle of balance! Of course when the cycle gets broken and one side gets an advantage over the other we can expect an Aridon return! He will return and bring his balance of the world idea back in action!

Level 22
Let the cannon befall the fate of Babylonian tower :D :D
No we actually need it, in the worst case if it's destroyed we can use the special beam cannon from DBZ as a replacement:D
Also Shar will we be able to actually use it? And if we do will it be something like Artanis's orbital strike from the sc2 co-op missions, if you get what i mean?

Level 11
Possibly spoiler
I think either Van durce or Genethas will either kill or otherwise hurt someone important on the next mission, and that's the source of the hate
Also I predict that this mission might be like that Hunter of Shadows (
) from the wc3 orc campaign The golden guard will occupy a large portion of the map before Genethas or whoever attacks them and drive them back

Level 22
Progress report
Terrain for the map is pretty much finished! Just a few more improvements need to be made.
We are getting closer to the release date, ladies and gentlemen!
Yay, the rage quit, i mean the hate is so near, and considering the bad choices i've made this will be even more fun!
The only question i have for the map before it's release is will it be a huge one like chapter 3 was?

Last edited:
Level 29
Yay, the rage quit, i mean the hate is so near, and considering the bad choices i've made this will be even more fun!
The only question i have for the map before it's release is will it be a huge one like chapter 3 was?

Most likely. There will be three or more factions fighting each other.

Level 22
And the ultimate boss fight will be Arkain times elf-girl reporter questioning you while every man on screen will be eye-ing her butt and drooling :D
Shar can make this into a side quest for chapter 9!:D
Reporter annoyance:
This Amanda who interviews everyone makes our soldiers stand still and only look at her. Kill her so they can concentrate on the battle, and to make king Gardon happy for once!

Level 10
Shar can make this into a side quest for chapter 9!:D
Reporter annoyance:
This Amanda who interviews everyone makes our soldiers stand still and only look at her. Kill her so they can concentrate on the battle, and to make king Gardon happy for once!

You dont kill Amanda! You will need to answer her quiz! Time to fetch ourselves a big encyklopedia, cos its quiz time! :D

Level 16
Awesome image and song

Thanks, I just think the image is so fitting, plus the next chapter promises a big battle between golden guard, genethas and other force
upload_2017-9-12_3-14-13.png

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

@Shar Dundred a quick question, I was making a map and half of the map was supposed to be heavily forested, I had a similar doodad problem, in order to get rid of it I had to remove lots of trees replace them with rocks, cliffs or use borders on the area, is there a way around this limitation?

I'm sure there are external ways to go about it, but it's always better to use cliffs or water unless you really need the trees. If latter is the case, you'll just have to manage their positions better.

I'd advise the same to you Shar. I'll take a look at this when you send me your map, but you'll probably have to use the trees strictly as resources, and much less as decorative tools.

Level 29
Remember it from a mount and blade warband mod.

That would sound cool for a mission.
We take control of a hero, like Gardon, Brian, Salana or another; we see the map like they would see and fight across a huge battlefield while both sides constantly send waves of soldiers either to kill us or support us.

Level 22
fight across a huge battlefield while both sides constantly send waves of soldiers either to kill us or support us.
Since chapter 12 brings the slaughter that will be the perfect chance to do this kind of mission.
Also i wonder since chapter 10 brings the aid, but we will get the black dragons in chapter 9, what kind of aid will chapter 10 bring?

Level 29
Since chapter 12 brings the slaughter that will be the perfect chance to do this kind of mission.
Also i wonder since chapter 10 brings the aid, but we will get the black dragons in chapter 9, what kind of aid will chapter 10 bring?

Maybe the dwarves, the elves, Sapphira's undeads, the armies of the other kingdoms...?

Level 9
@Shar Dundred I replayed Chapter Six, you mentioned in a previous comment that destroying the Pale Elves base would disbenefits us in Chapter Nine. After I completed the main quest and the end cinematic started, "Ancient Foes" was completed and the dialogue for it initiated. Is that intentional or a bug? 'Cause I'm sure that I never touched them

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

@Shar Dundred I replayed Chapter Six, you mentioned in a previous comment that destroying the Pale Elves base would disbenefits us in Chapter Nine. After I completed the main quest and the end cinematic started, "Ancient Foes" was completed and the dialogue for it initiated. Is that intentional or a bug? 'Cause I'm sure that I never touched them
I've encountered that stuff as well. Fixed it with a quick cheats-on replay.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Already noticed that one, gets fixed with the next update! =)

Level 20
Tbh i am kinda looking forward,I really hope Shar will give us some interesting choices on this one,The old fart even tho traitor could make for some really nice plot twist/twitsts :eek:

Level 22
Tbh i am kinda looking forward,I really hope Shar will give us some interesting choices on this one,The old fart even tho traitor could make for some really nice plot twist/twitsts :eek:
I think since this chapter brings the hate we will get a pretty massive surprise or plot twist. Well we get them every chapter and interlude, but this can be way bigger!

Level 22
Him making a re-apperance kinda makes the story fresher,I was getting bored of Gardon and the Golden Tin Cans.
Since the story will soon enter it's most crucial part i doubt you will be bored, even if Genethas dies in chapter 9. With all the stuff that will soon happen it's gonna be more about the fate of the continent than Gardon and the tin cans as you call them. Just as you like it.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
As you know, I will not post any spoilers for Chapter Nine anymore before its
release - however, that doesn't stop me from releasing spoilers for other chapters, does it?

Certain choices that directly affected Aedale will have HUGE impact on Chapter Thirteen!

It is official. Shar want to turn us all into Darth Vaders.
I had to choose between turning you into Darth Vaders or van Durces.

Level 29
Hey people, as you know, I will not post any spoilers for Chapter Nine anymore before its
release - however, that doesn't stop me from releasing spoilers for other chapters, does it?

Certain choices that directly affected Aedale will have HUGE impact on Chapter Thirteen!

So the amount of demonic artifacts she absorbed can change the mission, whether it was zero, one or two?

A
I had to choose between turning you into Darth Vaders or van Durces.

Then I choose to be Darth Vader! Darth Vade is both sympathetic and awesome!

Last edited:

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

As you know, I will not post any spoilers for Chapter Nine anymore before its

Well,this one's pretty obvious after your other spoiler.