• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 29
Who cares if you absorbed not a single one or even 12 billion demonic artifacts?It makes absolutely no difference!:p
That would be a giant troll.You tried so hard to protect her,but no she still has the same fate.

That would be an awesome example of "You cannot fight fate". All paths taken will all lead to the same destiny.
I guess the amount of demonic artifacts she absorbed will both determine her power during the mission and her sanity.

Level 9
Now thats messed up
Whatever the choices we made were
It affected her deeply both ways.
I dont know now if I should play first book again after this spoiler

Level 29
Now thats messed up
Whatever the choices we made were
It affected her deeply both ways.
I dont know now if I should play first book again after this spoiler

Believe me, most will replay the first book and try all possible choices just to see the differences that will appear in the second book.
Me included.:)

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

OH HELL NO
I will replay the first book after the full release of the second book to see the changes
Shar mentioned something bout a new interlude, where you could make choices of 1st book w/o actually replaying it, like in Mass Effect or The Witcher.

Level 22
Well, Shar will most likely do major updates to the first books after finishing the seconds so...
I imagine it being something like this:
Chapter 1-increased difficulty
Chapter 2-increased difficulty
Chapter 3-increased difficulty
Chapter 4-increased difficulty
Chapter 5- increased difficulty
Chapter 6- increased difficulty
Chapter 7- increased difficulty
And so on.. Do you really want this?:p

Level 9
Yup.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Yes

Level 11
@Shar Dundred and @Kasrkin If you want the last mission to be (or rather seem) really difficult do this:

Let's say you got a difficulty scale of 1 to 20

mission 9 - 11/20
mission 10 - 12/20
mission 11 - 13/20
mission 12 - 14/20
mission 13 - 15/20
mission 14 - 19/20

whichever mission has the big jump of difficulty will be the one that the player considers the hardest one, it doesn't have to do with how difficult the mission itself is, rather how difficult the mission is in comparison with the previous chapter, psychological that's what we tend to think of as the hardest mission

This is why at times the second to last mission is considered to be the hardest, its a lot harder than the previous mission, and even though the last mission might be harder than the second to last the jump in difficulty is smaller and thus the player believes that the second to last mission is the hardest

Basically if

mission 8 - 15/20
mission 9 - 18/20
mission 10 - 19/20

the player will tend to think that the penultimate mission is the hardest

however if

mission 8 - 15/20
mission 9 - 16/20
mission 10 - 19/20

the player will recognize the last mission as being the hardest

td;dr whichever mission causes the player to have to step it up in a big fashion will be the one considered the hardest

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Maybe the boat chapter....I hate sea warfare

Yeah, good thing there aren't too many of those. Though I liked the chapter in which Admiral Seabright was introduced. Apart from being able to snipe demons using ships, it was pretty good.

Level 9
Maybe the boat chapter....I hate sea warfare
I don't think so
That chapter in the undead book was easy compared to its versions in the human and orc books.
I wager on the chapter where u have to kill Heinvers or the one where you have to collect artifiacts from the demon slaves

Level 29
I don't think so
That chapter in the undead book was easy compared to its versions in the human and orc books.
I wager on the chapter where u have to kill Heinvers or the one where you have to collect artifiacts from the demon slaves

The undead mission with the boats was quite easy. All we have to deal are some occasional demonic attacks and imperial aerial attacks. A pity the human and orc fleets are just standing there rather than attacking each other.

The mission against the Forgotten Ones was tough and I had to go many times to blighted areas to heal my units.

The mission with the artifacts was also quite hard, but because of the bases and not the mission itself. All we have to do is attack the holders while they are traveling.

Level 22
The undead mission with the boats was quite easy. All we have to deal are some occasional demonic attacks and imperial aerial attacks. A pity the human and orc fleets are just standing there rather than attacking each other.
Agreed. if you really want to you can make it hard on yourself by attacking and destroying the enemy land bases, but there is no need.
The mission with the artifacts was also quite hard, but because of the bases and not the mission itself. All we have to do is attack the holders while they are traveling.
I found it more time consuming than hard.

Last edited:
Level 10
Every second mission in those books is time consuming, like 2-4 hours per mission. Thats what I think is nice. Its not superhard time pressin, you can take your time, think about your approach, use weaknesses etc.

Level 9
Try checking the eight chapter. The one with dwarves everywhere.
That one wasn't hard.just time consuming
Those banshees helped a lot and possessing the light blue imperial captain makes.it easier.
Just spam.banshees, control as many as you can then make an all out assault on the iron fist.
The last mission,well is normal difficulty. Your allies help a lot

Level 22
That one wasn't hard.just time consuming
Those banshees helped a lot and possessing the light blue imperial captain makes.it easier.
Just spam.banshees, control as many as you can then make an all out assault on the iron fist.
The last mission,well is normal difficulty. Your allies help a lot
The funny thing about the last mission in the undead book is that you cannot lose. Well Shar said if you chose the option to be "defeated" you will get a serious punch in the face right in the beginning of the second undead book. Wonder what that will be?

Level 29
The funny thing about the last mission in the undead book is that you cannot lose. Well Shar said if you chose the option to be "defeated" you will get a serious punch in the face right in the beginning of the second undead book. Wonder what that will be?

Hmm
-If we get "defeated", the demons will get closer to Death Mountain?
-We will have to deal with the Blooddrinker Legion as well?

Level 22
Hmm
-If we get "defeated", the demons will get closer to Death Mountain?
-We will have to deal with the Blooddrinker Legion as well?
I quickly replayed the chapter and killed Aridon. Oh Ornassion thought he had him defeated, Aridon just came back, cast lighning bolt and we still won.The second option is the most believeable one. Souleater and Blooddrinker legion in the same mission oh no, no no no no no hell no! And not to mention since Aridon got defeated he may have lost a large part of his power. I feel like this will be amazing! Just another reason to replay the mission and quickly revert my choice before i get my soul eaten!:p

Last edited:
Level 10
Come on maaaan, I have just ran down the whole blood elf camp by tomoraider, I have nothing more to play! I neeeeed that chapter 9 or im gonna bleed out that excitement all over my place!

Level 29
Come on maaaan, I have just ran down the whole blood elf camp by tomoraider, I have nothing more to play! I neeeeed that chapter 9 or im gonna bleed out that excitement all over my place!

Shar is expecting this reaction of ours.
He feeds of our anxiety and desire to play, and later he will feed of our hatred and anger!:)

Level 12
Shar is teasing you guys, you will hate the map because you'll have to retake 3 quarters of it in a similar fashion that chapter 4 was won

Level 29
I know this will sound off topic since we are talking about the second human book, but I decided to put this before I forget.
While Aridon is the practically the Avatar of Death, how come does he have a lightning spell?
Just saying.

Level 22
I know this will sound off topic since we are talking about the second human book, but I decided to put this before I forget.
While Aridon is the practically the Avatar of Death, how come does he have a lightning spell?
Just saying.
This is a thread is about everything Arkain related be it 1st, 2nd or even the 1 millionth human book, so i cannot call this off topic.
Anyway there may be a reason, but i think Shar just put it for him to have a single target spell.

Level 10
Just saying.

You think lightning isnt deadly enough? :D Maybe he should switch into lighting business then :D

Level 22
You think lightning isnt deadly enough? :D Maybe he should switch into lighting business then :D
im just gonna leave this here :D
1vvkom.jpg

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

If I were you, i'd rather complain bout Scarlet Retka's skill set.

Level 10
Yeah I picked the girl to spare her the executioner´s axe. But Aedale´s sister is a family. It is such a dilemma! Is there a way to keep Scarlet alive (like a military barmaiden?) while having Aedale´s sis in our ranks?

Level 22
Yeah I picked the girl to spare her the executioner´s axe. But Aedale´s sister is a family. It is such a dilemma! Is there a way to keep Scarlet alive (like a military barmaiden?) while having Aedale´s sis in our ranks?
Nope. Either Scarlet or Cora. You decide.
Also this reminds me her E doesn't display numbers correctly. Shar you may want to fix that

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Yeah, keeping her seems storywise, but damn her combat skills are so underwhelming. I mean Cora has blizzard, Cora has a damn lightning with 450 damage and 5 sec stun. And what does Scarlet possess? Silence and sleep. You know, i'd get over silence, but we get a staff of silence the very mission we get to play Scarlet, which is...well, renders her first ability kinda useless. I mean her spell has superior duration, but I sacrificed Cora for her. Sleep, well sleep is sleep. Her ultimate is strong though, but that's pretty much her only advantage.