• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request a Tileset

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try making a tileset for landfill (a place to store dumps) where you add a lot of trashes on the ground. It could be useful for modern maps!

EDIT: And for modern buildings interior, you could make a cliff as a wall in the building, and also the floors!

I don't know how useful a landfill tileset would be? I could make an interior tileset.

Modern tileset like asphalt, concrete, modern tiles, bricks which would be useful in modern maps.

There is already 3 asphalt tilesets, and I just made a concrete one. When you say brick, do you mean as cliff or as tileset?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

A lava tile would be nice. I never like the one we already have.

a cliff with egyptian hieroglyphes, a yellow brick (ancient) tile, a grass tile with flowers, ???

The problem with cliffs is that their textures is really stretched, so hieroglyphs would be nigh invisible. If you can send me some links so i get an idea about what you mean with ancient tiles, I'll look into making one.

As a tileset.

The one I've already have made doesn't fit? Also, did a brick cliff now.

A lava tile would be nice. I never like the one we already have.

If you can link me some pictures of how you want it to look, I could give it a try.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Maybe like this:

2013_01_27_lava01.jpg

Being more like the WoW lava tile:
wow_cataclysm_010.jpg

Or like the StarCraft 2 one:
Screenshot084.Jpg

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I've always fancied the idea of a silvermoon city tileset. I thought there used to be one on the hive, but I'm having trouble remembering and can't find one.

wow___silvermoon_city_3_by_byorrsingyr-d4j48e4.jpg

I believe one already exists somewhere in either the terrain or the texturing forum - I think Void was the one who made it, but I'm not 100% sure

Level 17
Maybe like this:

2013_01_27_lava01.jpg

Being more like the WoW lava tile:
wow_cataclysm_010.jpg

Or like the StarCraft 2 one:
Screenshot084.Jpg

Your Suggestion was a good one, and I like the WoW-ish one more.
But there are 2... things:

1) I Think 67chrome made a Lava Tiletest. (tbh I don't like it :0)
2) Why not Using Glows and Lava cracks? that actually looks Better.

PS: This thread IS useful.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I need it for my project, I am not in urgent need of it, but in my opinion it is a great contribution to Hive, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.