• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[GUI] Tileset Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey,

Searching for someone to finish something I didn't know how exactly finish. The idea is that there's a black tileset that grows larger in a battlefield. So every 1 second there's a 5% chance to infect a nearby tileset. That's pretty much it. Ask questions if needed.

Map attached. Please make the system with GUI so that I can easily add it and do possible changes.

Rep and credits for the helper.

EDIT: The system is used for one of the final bosses of "The Chosen Ones" campaign.

Attachments

• DARK TILESET.w3x
    54 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 37
This is almost exactly what I want but it's vjass and I want the system to be GUI. So we got a big problem and I cannot use your system. Big damn shame.

Also how does the black expand? I mean if a tile is already black, the system should not try to find another tile. That way the expand doesn't go too fast later at the game.

Maybe it should be like each tile is saved and each try to expand either horizontally or vertically(4 posibilities for each tile to expand). When a tile can't expand(all 4 posibilities are already black) the tile is "finished" and no need to be "checked to expand".

There are also other ways black tiles comes(it's a boss fight and the boss has spell to cast more black tiles).

Also perhaps there should be an effect when a new black tile appears.

Level 37
Because I removed the request from my signature and it was created so long ago, I was so hoping this topic would go to the history. Actually Maker tried to create this and then Kitabatake. Just few days ago I added Kita's system to the campaign.

But anyway, thanks a lot for the great try you made. Even that wasn't exactly what I wanted but it doesn't matter. The system was a lot more complicated that I ever dreamed of. However, everything is fine now.

+rep

AND IF EVER, NOW THIS REQUEST IS BURIED!

Status
Not open for further replies.