• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #6 - Themed Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
baconofdoom14-10-09.jpg

IN TO WIN.

Bacon of doom, for those less enlightened yokels amongst ye.

Level 38
Nice, bacon of doom ftw XD

@ Goblin
If you make another ingredient it should fit, but if you made something like a staff, a mushroom would be Wtf??:xxd:
The fact you made a staff made me lol. The mushroom does sort of stand out. Also, the book seems a tad unfitting. I always pictured druids as more of a primitive spellcaster, using scrolls or stone tablets rather than books. I don't think a book really fits the connotation of druids, but the icon is nice.
I also think if you got rid of the black outlines surrounding everything the icons would look epic :D

Level 26
I agree that i dont think that druids usually use books to cast spells. It seems that something like that would be more arcane magic(written) HOWEVER. i would think druids have books about herbs and recipes. something more along the lines of a potions book than a magic book. And regardless of whether it is "druid-y" or not depends on how you use it ingame. You could use that book icon for something other than druids.

Level 11
I was thinking that my background doesnt suit warcraft 3 that much so i figured i should change it, goblin sugested i should do small golden glow, so i tryed here are resolts, i need your help forum wich ones are better? (i know background is not same on all new icons I'll tweek that later)

Old ones:
67202d1255216079-phoenix-trial-6-hammer.jpg
67166d1255171862-phoenix-trial-6-wrench.jpg
67167d1255171862-phoenix-trial-6-cog.jpg
67168d1255171862-phoenix-trial-6-bolts.jpg

or new ones (attached) :

Attachments

• Hammerg.jpg
    Hammerg.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 187
  • Wrenchg.jpg
    Wrenchg.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Cogg.jpg
    Cogg.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 226
  • boltsg.jpg
    boltsg.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 219
Level 9
anyhow i like the old ones more, cause they have thair own character with the brick-backround and i dislike the glow of the new ones, which is just tooooo much for an item and to less for an ability.
if you wanna use the new onces as items try to make the glow a bit darker or may you try to use a white glow, cause yellow looks always like a holy ability.

Level 11
anyhow i like the old ones more, cause they have thair own character with the brick-backround and i dislike the glow of the new ones, which is just tooooo much for an item and to less for an ability.
if you wanna use the new onces as items try to make the glow a bit darker or may you try to use a white glow, cause yellow looks always like a holy ability.

You're right i reduced size of the glow and here it is.

Attachments

• Hammerg.jpg
    Hammerg.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 643
  • Wrenchg.jpg
    Wrenchg.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 649
  • Cogg.jpg
    Cogg.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 659
  • boltsg.jpg
    boltsg.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 655

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Just wanted to clarify all the people in this contest, and help Zombie. out a bit. Some of these people quit or have not posted there entry icons yet.
NOTE: This is just gathering everything together into one post, This IS NOT the final entry!
(Also, My entry wont be on this just yet ;D)

Stanakin Skywalker
StanakinSkywalker.png
ike_ike
Ike_Ike.png
DonDustin
DonDustin.png
Palaslayer
Palaslayer.png
Pyramidhe@d
Pyramidhed.png
UnholyDobry
UnholyDobry.png