• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[OLD] What is your favorite song at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
My favorite one would be:
The Poet and the Muse from Poets of the Fall but I don't really listen to most of their stuff by now.

Level 11
Another extraordinary rock band I just discovered today in my endless quest for musical gems!
It's bluesy and groovy, sometimes psychedelic, sometimes heavy... Two amazing and mindblowing albums!

Level 35
  1. 我は官軍我敵は 天地容れざる朝敵ぞ
    敵の大將たる者は 古今無雙の英雄で
    之に從ふ兵(つはもの)は 共に慓悍决死の士
    鬼神に恥ぬ勇あるも 天の許さぬ叛逆を
    起しゝ者は昔より 榮えし例あらざるぞ
    敵の亡ぶる夫迄は 進めや進め諸共に
    玉ちる劔拔き連れて 死ぬる覺悟で進むべし
  2. 皇國の風と武士の 其身を護る靈の
    維新このかた廢れたる 日本刀の今更に
    又世に出づる身の譽 敵も身方も諸共に
    刃の下に死ぬべきぞ 大和魂ある者の
    死ぬべき時は今なるぞ 人に後れて恥かくな
    敵の亡ぶる夫迄は 進めや進め諸共に
    玉ちる劔拔き連れて 死ぬる覺悟で進むべし
  3. 前を望めば劔なり 右も左りも皆劔
    劔の山に登らんは 未來の事と聞きつるに
    此世に於てまのあたり 劔の山に登るのも
    我身のなせる罪業を 滅す爲にあらずして
    賊を征討するが爲 劔の山もなんのその
    敵の亡ぶる夫迄は 進めや進め諸共に
    玉ちる劔拔き連れて 死ぬる覺悟で進むべし
  4. 劔の光ひらめくは 雲間に見ゆる稻妻か
    四方に打出す砲聲は 天に轟く雷か
    敵の刃に伏す者や 丸に碎けて玉の緒の
    絶えて墓なく失する身の 屍は積みて山をなし
    其血は流れて川をなす 死地に入るのも君が爲
    敵の亡ぶる夫迄は 進めや進め諸共に
    玉ちる劔拔き連れて 死ぬる覺悟で進むべし
  5. 彈丸雨飛の間にも 二つなき身を惜まずに
    進む我身は野嵐に 吹かれて消ゆる白露の
    墓なき最期とぐるとも 忠義の爲に死ぬる身の
    死(しに)て甲斐あるものならば 死ぬるも更に怨なし
    我と思はん人たちは 一歩も後へ引くなかれ
    敵の亡ぶる夫迄は 進めや進め諸共に
    玉ちる劔拔き連れて 死ぬる覺悟で進むべし
  6. 我今茲に死(しな)ん身は 君の爲なり國の爲
    捨つべきものは命なり 假令ひ屍は朽ちぬとも
    忠義の爲に捨る身の 名は芳しく後の世に
    永く傳へて殘るらん 武士と生れた甲斐もなく
    義もなき犬と云はるゝな 卑怯者となそしられそ
    敵の亡ぶる夫迄は 進めや進め諸共に
    玉ちる劔拔き連れて 死ぬる覺悟で進むべし

Level 25
So, 2018 is coming to an end, it's time to compile some of the worthwhile crap that was released this year:

Metallum Gloriam

(Death) 'Blodshed and Triumph' by Atrocity; seems like Krull got bored of his avant-garde and experimental 90's-00's era. A return to simple buzz riffs and growls. Sure, there's some symphonic elements left, but I've been happy since 'Okkult', really.

(Death) 'The Abyss' by Night In Gales; not the blast from the past I expected when I saw the cover art, but it does sound somewhat like 'Towards the Twilight', but I really don't like the vocal approach. Sounds more metalcore than Gothenburgian. The glorious Iron Maiden riff-wankery is there however!

(Death) 'Burning the Nest' by Eternal Lies; I'll be honest, I still haven't heard their debut album from 2002. But this little release is a quite fine slab of melodic death nonsense. It's not 'The Red in the Sky is Ours', nor 'The Jester Race', neither is it fully related to 'The Left Hand Path'. Desultory's 'Into Eternity' or Unanimated's 'Ancient God of Evil' are the closest matches I can think of.

(Black/Death) 'Annihilation' by Unanimated; sorry, not uploaded to YouTube. Best EP of the year, probably the best album of the year as well. Mighty fine return.

(Black/Death) 'Selfdeceiver' by A Canorous Quintet; "Why don't we just re-record the album that was suppose forge our way to fame and fortune and dethrone Amon Amarth?". The debut remains my favorite offering from them, together with 'Strangeland' from the 'As Tears' EP and I do miss the angsty, angry teenage screeching of the vocalist. Good shit nonetheless.

(Black) 'Lisboa Under the Spell (Alma Mater outtake, Live)' by Moonspell; the live album was released this year, fuck off. I know that the track is ancient. Glória Antiga, volta a nós!

(Black) 'The Shadowed Road' by Sojourner; never cared about their first sacrifice, but this album is decent and this track is some fine Summoning worship, lacks the cheesy synths and samples however.

(Black) 'Silvertine' by Summoning; it's Summoning. It's cool.

(Black) 'Накрита неба бурим дахом' by Drudkh; it's Drudkh. It's cool.

(Black) 'Live at Kraken' by Mörk Gryning; I'll never get a chance to post something new from these fuckers ever again, so it has to be here.

(Black) 'Werwolf' by Marduk; it's Marduk, what else is there to say? 'The Last Fallen' sounds like a blast from the past however, almost Opus Nocturne-esque.

(Black) 'The First Snow' by Lustre; our bubblegum vacuum cleaner is still running and I have a strong preference for its singles and EPs, as there tend to be less filler material. 'Spirit' remains the best sacrifice from our bubblegum vacuum cleaner, but this track is welcomed. Haven't heard much from his side-projects in a long time, but I can strongly recommend Nachtzeit's 'Där Föddes En Längtan'.

(Heavy) 'Firepower' by Judas Priest; what a glorious fucking album. I strongly believe that there's gold on every album since 'Painkiller', but this is almost as good as the early albums - 'Sad Wings of Destiny' to 'British Steel' - or even 'Painkiller' itself.

(Heavy) 'ReIdolized (Full Audio and Movie)' by W.A.S.P.; We Are Satans People, White Anglo-Saxon Protestants; hail misery. Why rework a magnum opus? Fuck knows, the audio samples are shit and the structure is weird, but the music is still some of the best shit ever crafted by human hands. Heat up the bathtub and end it.

(Heavy) 'Traitor's Gate' by Visigoth; not as good as the D&D-sweaty debut album, but there's gold to be found here as well. And I vomit a curse upon your name.

(Heavy) 'Stossgebet' by Powerwolf; best track on the album, and the borrowed elements from Neue Deutsche Härte makes me glad. They should stick to it despite the softer sound this time around. Not that they've ever been laden with crushing riffs or anything, but it sounds softcore this time around. I still love the thematic however.

Root Revival & Neo-Folk Dorkiness

'Blodbylgje' by Rán; or is it L.E.A.F.? Kati Rán? RÁN? I don't know anymore, she keeps changing her band name, but it's damn good. Do yourself a favour and check out the album 'LYS' while you're at it.

'Lifa' by Heilung; the full first album, 'Ofnir', live. Doesn't get much dorkier or better than this. Or, Wardruna might take the spot, I guess.

'Voluspá (Skaldic Version)' by Wardruna; you really have to love Einar Selvik's voice to appreciate this new album. As long as this is an off-shoot album and not the way they want to progress, I'm all fine with this. Here's hoping that we one day return to the pure bliss that is 'Runaljod - gap var Ginnunga'.

Industrialized Pop & Electronic Nonsense

'Only Happy When It Rains' by Misery Loves Co.; not a blast from the past, but more like 'Your Vision Was Never Mine To Share-continued'. Perfectly fine if you're a-okey with pop-industrial. I was hoping for a return to the filthier beginnings, but I'm glad they're back.

'WWIII (Live)' by KMFDM; live in United Soviet States of America. Damn, I wish they'd make MDFMK Vol. 2.

'Time's Up' by 3Teeth & Ho99o9; anarchist industrial nonsense, who could've thought? Good shit.

'Break Me' by Lords of Acid; I want to sit on your face.

'Need Some1' by The Prodigy; it's Prodigy. It's cool.

'Cluster' by The Algorithm; any Djent-noob and IDM-wimp should love this. By law. Force. And brutal acceptance. Anyway, I like it.

'redruM' by POGO; because I love sampled music and this is one of few sacrifices by POGO that has a neat atmosphere to it. Not a full album though.

Endziet | June Bonus

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.