• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

===[NEW] Spell Workshop [NEW]===

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
@Amargaard - Friendly souls eh~ What I know is Bern-chan is always in the dark side, she will kill me if I betray her. T^T

Here it is! I didn't create additional Variables except Temporaries to reduce the number of variables in your map.
And I guess you will use it only on a single ability so there is no need for that.
Tell me if there is a problem my peon buddy!

Next is MasterTrainer and TaShadan's.

Attachments

• Request - Lightning Charge.w3x
    28.1 KB · Views: 95
Level 30
Hey, just wanna request a spell, a Passive spell. Here is the description... wish it's possible to make:

Name: Deep Wound

Description: I am to use this spell on my Heroes Tale project map on a Boss, Furbolg.

Spell Description: Each attack of the Furbolg makes him stronger that increase his damage by 5 each attack he made. Stacks 5 times but if in 3 seconds, he didnt attack, 1 stack will deplete thus decreasing his damage by 5. (More better when the Deep wound is in stack make his left and right hands have the Special effect of a Enrage.... Red hands!)

That's for my request. Hope someone might have the time to do it for I am not expert at this type...

Level 5
Hey, just wanna request a spell, a Passive spell. Here is the description... wish it's possible to make:

Name: Deep Wound

Description: I am to use this spell on my Heroes Tale project map on a Boss, Furbolg.

Spell Description: Each attack of the Furbolg makes him stronger that increase his damage by 5 each attack he made. Stacks 5 times but if in 3 seconds, he didnt attack, 1 stack will deplete thus decreasing his damage by 5. (More better when the Deep wound is in stack make his left and right hands have the Special effect of a Enrage.... Red hands!)

That's for my request. Hope someone might have the time to do it for I am not expert at this type...

This can easily be done with 1 buff system. I know two good ones but they are a bit heavy, but they also might be useful for your future spells. If that's OK, I can make this based on one of those libraries.

Level 5
Ok, I'll be waiting for it. Gave you +REP for the hardwork.
Thanks.
Spell code is almost finished. Now I'm dealing with some strange bugs which remove the bonus damages prematurely. I'll probably post your spell within 3 hours.

EDIT:
Here you go. And one thing, I don't know why but I can't get the engine to attach Bloodlust effect to both hands, it only attaches it to Furbolg's
left hand. Please take a look and inform me if there are any problems.

Attachments

• DeepWounds.w3x
    50.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Level 30
Thanks.
Spell code is almost finished. Now I'm dealing with some strange bugs which remove the bonus damages prematurely. I'll probably post your spell within 3 hours.

EDIT:
Here you go. And one thing, I don't know why but I can't get the engine to attach Bloodlust effect to both hands, it only attaches it to Furbolg's
left hand. Please take a look and inform me if there are any problems.

Hey, how do I copy it in to my map because I cant seem to understand on how you did the trigger... looks like JASS.

Level 5
Hey, how do I copy it in to my map because I cant seem to understand on how you did the trigger... looks like JASS.

Sorry for answering so late:
1- Create a new trigger and name it Deep Wounds
2- Go to Edit-> Convert to Custom Text
3- Delete everything here
4- Copy ALL lines of my trigger and paste them to your newly made trigger
* Repeat these steps for triggers AutoIndex and TimerUtils
5- Copy and paste Deep Wounds and Damage Bonus abilities to your map (ctrl+c and ctrl+v work in the object editor)
6- Enjoy!

And of course it is Jass! Do I look like a GUI er?!

Level 19
Hey smart guys, I have a question for you :)
If I want to make an ability like "Robo-goblin" (Normal Tinker hero's ulti), where all of the heroes' spells are changed to new ones when switching back and forth - can I do that in the editor, or do I need a custom spell for that? :)

Oh and I also seem to have a problem with importing the spells - as I have never tried that before :l

Last edited:
If I want to make an ability like "Robo-goblin" (Normal Tinker hero's ulti), where all of the heroes' spells are changed to new ones when switching back and forth - can I do that in the editor, or do I need a custom spell for that? :)

Oh and I also seem to have a problem with importing the spells - as I have never tried that before :l
I don't understand...

In the editor ?
A custom spell is done in the editor anyway.

Level 4

well to sort of answer your first question u can add spells but, i couldn't take out them. to add them though go to your hero when pressing F6 for object editor then go to the hero where its going to transform into and at the top u see the first three lines and the second one is your main ability u probably know that but the line after it u can add abilities there. Yeah sorry can't answer how to take out IDK.

to import spells the easiest way u first in your editor go to file ---> preferences...---> u will be in a tab that says general well look near the bottom and see a box to check where it says.. Automatically create unknown variables when pasting trigger data... check that box then click OK and save then all maps u edit in the future when importing trigger it would be done for u.

Yep hopefully its easy to follow if not i created a step by step picture thing. the first one is your first question
the next three are for importing but, flip the 3rd and 4th picture for the correct steps :D

Attachments

• step 0.png
    step 0.png
    484.6 KB · Views: 88
  • step 1.png
    step 1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
  • step 3.png
    step 3.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
  • step 2.png
    step 2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
Level 19
well to sort of answer your first question u can add spells but, i couldn't take out them. to add them though go to your hero when pressing F6 for object editor then go to the hero where its going to transform into and at the top u see the first three lines and the second one is your main ability u probably know that but the line after it u can add abilities there. Yeah sorry can't answer how to take out IDK.
I know all that - the problem is that I want his normal hero abilities to disappear, and new hero abilities to appear, whenever he switches back and forth between the two forms ^^

to import spells the easiest way u first in your editor go to file ---> preferences...---> u will be in a tab that says general well look near the bottom and see a box to check where it says.. Automatically create unknown variables when pasting trigger data... check that box then click OK and save then all maps u edit in the future when importing trigger it would be done for u.
Oh, alright, I checked that box, but that is not my problem. The problem is that when I try to import triggers, this warning appears, saying that of my old triggers will be deleted when importing - and I'm not going to remake all of my triggers for one spell, that's for sure! :l
174866-albums3028-picture66992.png

Level 20
Yeah, that's what I tried to say :b
Is that possible to make? :)

Yeah sure- like in the Demon Hunter case:
just change the abilities of the morphed unit into the abilities the origin unit does not have/ or what you want the morphed unit to have. I think it can be done in the Object Editor.

That's what I'd do if faced with your situation :)

Level 19
The thing is - I want the spell to be based on Robo-goblin, because the hero should be able to transform freely between his two forms, without cooldowns and time limits.
But it doesn't work out. I can remove old hero abilities and add new ones to the alternate form unit, but no matter what, the original units' hero abilites remains when switching back and forth :l

Level 4
The thing is - I want the spell to be based on Robo-goblin, because the hero should be able to transform freely between his two forms, without cooldowns and time limits.
But it doesn't work out. I can remove old hero abilities and add new ones to the alternate form unit, but no matter what, the original units' hero abilites remains when switching back and forth :l

well for the first part u can do that for metamorphosis.
for the cooldown put 0 and the time to stay transform put 0 then the mana cost 0. then u can transform between forms at the cost of no mana.

Yeah about the second part can't help then IDK :c

Level 10
Yeah, that's what I tried to say :b
Is that possible to make? :)

It is possible. I saw someone had that something like that before. It was in FOC where Goku had different skills after his transformation or Troll Warlord in DotA where his whirling axes skills are changed when he switched to melee-ranged form. His spellpack exists here on Hive in the spells section but i is still pending because it lacks documentation. It is in vJASS, though.

Level 20
well for the first part u can do that for metamorphosis.
for the cooldown put 0 and the time to stay transform put 0 then the mana cost 0. then u can transform between forms at the cost of no mana.

Yeah about the second part can't help then IDK :c

I think now the second part should be done with triggers- remove and add the old/new abilities every time the spell is cast; using a boolean to know if the caster is transformed or not.

Use a dummy ability which does nothing. Do a simple trigger that add the goblin's ability to the hero (in a disabled spell book ofc) and remove the dummy ability to replace it with another dummy ability. When this other dummy ability is used, remove the spell book with the goblin's ability and switch the two dummy spells again.

Level 14
Forgive me guys, internet problem. T^T
But, I've manage to complete 3 of the requests!

@Amargaard - Don't you want to use 2 Heroes instead? I will try doing it for yah buddy!

Hey MasterTrainer! TaShadan & Hell_Master (Just in case you still want it to be in GUI), here!

Attachments

• Request - Extreme Firebolt.w3x
    32.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Request - Steal Resource.w3x
    25.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Request - Deep Wound.w3x
    20.5 KB · Views: 53
Level 10
Hey guys mind if i request a simple spell? I may say i's simple but i can't do it :p. It's a Phase Shift spell that creates a Statue Keeper doodad in the way while he's disappeared. Once he deactivates the Phase Shift the Statue Keeper disappears. Lasts 1 / 2 / 3 seconds or until deactivated. I'll configure the cd and manacost myself. Thanks in advance.

Can I request a spell, named "Ride Mount"?
Rides a Mount, disabling attack but increasing movement speed. While riding, the hero is elevated(configurable). Also please use a periodic movement system.
Additional Info
Levels: 1
Mana Cost: none
Cooldown: 10 seconds on mounting and dismounting
And please, allow mounting air units. Thanks.

Level 4
gumx Here's the spell. Tell me if you want anything changed since the effects are not amusing at all..

Thanks En_Tropy! It looks great. Even better for the explosion wave too:D

The part where he creates the volcano the effect is the incinerate so can u change that to the earth quake effect? and can u make it 5 volcanoes it came out only 3 on mines please? :D

Just one thing i gotta ask when i use the volcanic impulse spell why can't i see my mouse? I want to aim it but when i click on it its not visible.

Overall thanks for the hard work!! +repX2

Level 6
Hell froze over

Description:
The reason it's called that is cause of the map.
Basically my charector.(I'm usin meh iPad so forgot the name) summons 8 ice pillars in a 500 AoE around him.(this spell should work like war stomp btw) when the ice pillars are fully summoned( 2-3 second casting time) they should start to move towards the player at about a peasants speed(like I said I'm on an iPad. Don't know the speed. When they reach the player. A huge frost nova explodes dealing 3*(spell level*75)+casters attack damage
Levels: 5

Additional Information
- at max level this spell will cause an ice age(optional) and freeze everything in a 1000 AoE
-
-

It would be complicated to have attack damage as a real, maybe just use an attribute related to the spell.

E: @gumx,

Thanks En_Tropy! It looks great. Even better for the explosion wave too:D

The part where he creates the volcano the effect is the incinerate so can u change that to the earth quake effect? and can u make it 5 volcanoes it came out only 3 on mines please? :D

Just one thing i gotta ask when i use the volcanic impulse spell why can't i see my mouse? I want to aim it but when i click on it its not visible.

Overall thanks for the hard work!! +repX2

I'll try to do something about the mouse. For the effect, not sure but I'll try.

Level 30
Can I request a spell, named "Ride Mount"?
Rides a Mount, disabling attack but increasing movement speed. While riding, the hero is elevated(configurable). Also please use a periodic movement system.
Additional Info
Mana Cost: none
Cooldown: 10 seconds on mounting and dismounting
And please, allow mounting air units. Thanks.

I may want to request that too because it might turn useful to my project map.... so we have the same request!:grin:

Level 4
Soul Tornado

That's how the hero look like: Split Dragon
208902-albums5695-picture67220.jpg
Soul Tornado
Description: Toss nearby enemy to the air and spinning around Split Dragon, last 5 seconds. After that, drop them to ground and deal Tossed Unit*75*Ability Level damage to Tossed Enemy Heroes.

Levels: 3

Additional Information
- GUI
- Not Channeling, Split Dragon is able to move while using this.
- Please attach a Spirit Tower Missile Model to tossed unit for me...
- Dropping those unit smoothly
Sorry for my sucks english, so here a simple picture:
208902-albums5695-picture67219.jpg

May I request a spell?
Ignite
Level 1 - Deals damage to units in that area every second for 6 seconds (Intelligence)
2 - Deals DPS to units that enter the area for 8 secs (Intelligence X 1.2)
3 - Deals damage to units in that area every second for 9 seconds (stacking) caused by Intelligence x 2 and number of ignitions in that area.
4 - Deals DPS to units that enter the area for 11 secs (stacking) caused by Intelligence x 2.2 and number of ignitions in that area.
Manacost: Configurable
Cooldown: 2
Per level AOE: 135/155/175/200

Note: Mark does not expire once unit steps on it. Multiple units can be damaged.
Thanks! =))

Last edited:
Level 20
I would like to request a spell pack:
Force and Destruction Spell Pack

Destroyer Strike:
Single Target
Description: The caster concentrates all his energy into his weapon, making his weapon heavier. He rushes himself to the enemy, and strikes multiple times using his super enhanced weapon, and the energy released in the strikes causes the air around the target unit to explode dealing AoE damage.

Additional Info:
- Time it takes for the caster to concentrate the energy is 3 seconds.
- Speed the caster moves when rushing towards the enemy is 0.04 seconds
- Each strike in the multiple strikes phase drain 10 mana from the hero.
- Multiple strikes number a random integer between 1 and 20
- AoE is configurable and the AoE damage is configurable.
- Dmage during the multiple strikes is str x 2

Fatal Attraction
Area of Effect
Description: The Caster summons 10 dense orbs of energy in the area around him, and sends them to the target point of ability being cast. The orbs find 10 units in the AoE, and attaches themselves to those 10 units. Deals periodic damage.

Additional Info:
-The caster is paused during this.
-The Area of Effect is 500,
-The orbs grow when attached to units.
-The periodic damage drains 10 mana from the hero
-The periodic damage deals damage every 0.3 seconds, and increases every time the damage is dealt.
- Periodic Damage == Int x 2 ; increment is str/3

Destructive Force
Area of Effect
Description: The caster rises from the ground and summons multiple lightning bolts around him, and the bolts deal damage to enemy units in the AoE. After a few strikes, the caster swoops down in wrath, dragging nearby enemy units towards him, and when the enemy units reach him, they are thrown away, dealing periodic damage.

Additional Info:
- AoE is 800
- 3 lightning bolts are summoned every 1.3 seconds
- Lightning Bolts deal damage equal to the Agi x 2
- Caster swoops down after 30 bolts have been summoned
- When the enemy units are knockbacked, the periodic damage is Agi x 2 minus Str

Thanks

Level 30
I want to request another spell that I need for my project that will serve as an Ultimate skill of the Boss, Ursa Warrior.

Name: Force

Description: The Ursa Warrior attacks an enemy unit, knockbacking it and dealing (Ursa Warrior's damage x 2). After being knockbacked, it will be stunned by 3 seconds.

UPDATE:

I want to request another spell for my project that will serve as an Ultimate skill of the Boss, Broodmother.

Name: Web

Description: Like in Dota, the Broodmother summons a big web that she can hide. When she is in the web, she will be invisible and gains 1% health as long as she is in the Web. Web lasts for 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Level 12
I would like to request a spell pack:
Force and Destruction Spell Pack

Destroyer Strike:
Single Target
Description: The caster concentrates all his energy into his weapon, making his weapon heavier. He rushes himself to the enemy, and strikes multiple times using his super enhanced weapon, and the energy released in the strikes causes the air around the target unit to explode dealing AoE damage.

Additional Info:
- Time it takes for the caster to concentrate the energy is 3 seconds.
- Speed the caster moves when rushing towards the enemy is 0.04 seconds
- Each strike in the multiple strikes phase drain 10 mana from the hero.
- Multiple strikes number a random integer between 1 and 20
- AoE is configurable and the AoE damage is configurable.
- Dmage during the multiple strikes is str x 2

Fatal Attraction
Area of Effect
Description: The Caster summons 10 dense orbs of energy in the area around him, and sends them to the target point of ability being cast. The orbs find 10 units in the AoE, and attaches themselves to those 10 units. Deals periodic damage.

Additional Info:
-The caster is paused during this.
-The Area of Effect is 500,
-The orbs grow when attached to units.
-The periodic damage drains 10 mana from the hero
-The periodic damage deals damage every 0.3 seconds, and increases every time the damage is dealt.
- Periodic Damage == Int x 2 ; increment is str/3

Destructive Force
Area of Effect
Description: The caster rises from the ground and summons multiple lightning bolts around him, and the bolts deal damage to enemy units in the AoE. After a few strikes, the caster swoops down in wrath, dragging nearby enemy units towards him, and when the enemy units reach him, they are thrown away, dealing periodic damage.

Additional Info:
- AoE is 800
- 3 lightning bolts are summoned every 1.3 seconds
- Lightning Bolts deal damage equal to the Agi x 2
- Caster swoops down after 30 bolts have been summoned
- When the enemy units are knockbacked, the periodic damage is Agi x 2 minus Str

Thanks

I'm not quite sure that I still have the ability to make spells, therefore I'm gonna test this one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.