• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

===[NEW] Spell Workshop [NEW]===

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Request spell:

1.Earthbind like DotA without bug on multy players
2.Poof like DotA without bug on multy players
3.Geostrike with out bug on multyplayers
4.Divide we Stand with out bug on multyplayers

because i a newbie!! i play with my friend, it have a bug!! divide we stand is to many!! meepo is to many!! woow!! i don't know how to fix it!!

why dont you think other spells? why you want dota ones???

Level 22
Request spell:

1.Earthbind like DotA without bug on multy players
2.Poof like DotA without bug on multy players
3.Geostrike with out bug on multyplayers
4.Divide we Stand with out bug on multyplayers

because i a newbie!! i play with my friend, it have a bug!! divide we stand is to many!! meepo is to many!! woow!! i don't know how to fix it!!

I support Divided we Stand, I've never seen that spell released so far and I really need it too.

Level 3
Can someone make me this spell?

Caster sends a wisp flying at every enemy hero on the map, dealing 200/300/400 damage and slowing them by 70% for 1.5/2/2.5 seconds.

Level 3
Well, my map is done in GUI, but i think jass is ok too. I just want to understand how to make the spell.

Also, how to increase wisp missile speed?

Level 10
I've got a spell request that I were going to request it here. It's quite simple.

Speed Rush
Teleports caster to target point, just like blink. After cast, when the hero arrives, with 50/60/70/80/90% chance it grants caster a buff. This buff cause his next attack to deal X damage and teleports him back to his initial position before the "blink" effect. Once this spell is cast, please make it cheacks a boolen named "HAV_Active", if it's true, the % chance of getting the buff is instant set to 100%. The buff lasts 2 seconds. MUI is optional, cuz only one unit at a tile will be using this spell.

Eye-candy: creates a shadow of the hero when attack with the buff. If can, slows down the attack like he's in slow motion, when the boolen is true.

Thanks in advance, credit and rep will be given to the make. Good luck.

Level 15
I've got a spell request that I were going to request it here. It's quite simple.

Speed Rush
Teleports caster to target point, just like blink. After cast, when the hero arrives, with 50/60/70/80/90% chance it grants caster a buff. This buff cause his next attack to deal X damage and teleports him back to his initial position before the "blink" effect. Once this spell is cast, please make it cheacks a boolen named "HAV_Active", if it's true, the % chance of getting the buff is instant set to 100%. The buff lasts 2 seconds. MUI is optional, cuz only one unit at a tile will be using this spell.

Eye-candy: creates a shadow of the hero when attack with the buff. If can, slows down the attack like he's in slow motion, when the boolen is true.

Thanks in advance, credit and rep will be given to the make. Good luck.

i could proberly do this for ya but i dont under stand the tp back???? when does the caster tp back to the point he was standing when he casted the spell??

Level 3
you can change the speed with this >>> W_GetSpeed

Ye, i found it, ty for the help. I really don't get jass that well, but everyone keeps saying that jass is better than GUI, can someone give me a good tutorial for jass where you can learn it easily?

Edit: I found this bug. I changed the speed to 40, and for some reason, sometimes the wisp would be stuck near the unit and just explode on it when it moves towards it(it won't complete the full distance, no idea why).

Level 10
i could proberly do this for ya but i dont under stand the tp back???? when does the caster tp back to the point he was standing when he casted the spell??
Thanks for accepting. Okey, there's 2 condition, on is if the boolean is true and the another one is the boolen is false. If the boolean is true, the caster gains a buff, which will tp the caster back to it's original position after the caster attack with the buff. It also cause X bonus damage. If the boolean is false, with the percentage stated it will gain the caster the same buff, which the effect will be the same. If the caster doesn't attack within 2 seconds, the buff expires and will do nothing.

Note: The buff is applied at both situation is the same buff and it lasts the same duration(2 sec).

Last edited:
Level 29
Edit: I found this bug. I changed the speed to 40, and for some reason, sometimes the wisp would be stuck near the unit and just explode on it when it moves towards it(it won't complete the full distance, no idea why).

replace this line...
if GetWidgetLife(u) > 0.405 and distance > 10 then

to this...
if GetWidgetLife(u) > 0.405 and distance > W_GetSpeed() then

also, JASS is faster, 200% more efficient, easier to edit than GUI...

Level 10
I have a request if anyone wants to take up the request.

Spell name Troll Blood
Desc - The troll gains back hp when he enters in combat and after 6 secs of combats stop healing
Full Desc - This spell is a passive ability. So upon entering battle the spell will kick on if the unit is attacked and damage, spell struck (buffs that dont damages dont count), and heals a constant 5% hp and has a upgrade of 8% and 10%. After the troll is finish with combat a timer kicks on for 6 second. If no units attack troll or cast spells upon him then the passive spell will turn off. *BTW not a timer window just a figure of speech*.

I have a GUI damage system in my map but it wont handle this i believe I'm not fully sure if you wanted to use a damage system. thank you for your time :D

Level 6
Could someonr make a spell that works like the Shaman's Thunderstorm from World of Warcraft - Deals damage to units around the caster and restores a percentage of their mana when cast?

Level 2
Can I Request a spell pls.

Can someone make me a chaneling laser beam spell that rotates in a arch of 360 degrees 2 times:

I need it in GUI.

-It dosen't need to be multi Level and MUI i'm only going to use it on 1 unit but fell free to make it MUI if u whant to:)
-(the beam touches the target) laser beam does damage 10 on evrey 0.15 sec.
-the casting unit needs to chanel 3 seconds before it casts the spell and make a effect like the battle roar every 1 seconds
-Beam range needs to be 1500 and the speed of the rotation needs to be 200, at the end of the beam it needs to have a round effect like a wisp + a spark:
Round Effect:(Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl or a Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathPact\DeathPactTarget.mdl or a Abilities\Spells\Human\Banish\BanishTarget.mdl etc.)
Spark Effect:(Abilities\Spells\Orc\LightningShield\LightningShieldBuff.mdl)
Beam Effect: Like the Siphon Mana and can you make it bigger.
-Make a effect of a Mana Shield on the casting unit and make the unit invulnerabel as the effect takes place.
-At the round effect make it leave a Blue flame trail on the ground that fades over time in 0.75 seconds.
- use unit casting animation while chaneling + when casting the spell.
-If the target is hit use the spark effect on the target.
I did see some similar spells but non of my liking.
And sorry if you had a hard time reading this i'm a 18 year old student who just started to learn english.

This will be a challange but i know someone can do it :)

Here is a image of what i whant
laserbeamspell.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
The laser beam rotates 2 times and the spell, ends ?
It rotates in both opposite direction eh ?

yes the spell rotates 2 times in a 360 arch just like in the image and it ends.
MUI means multiinstancecastable, not multi-level...

Anyway, I'm 100% sure that my buddy defskull would NOT make any spell that's NOT MUI...

i diden't meant MUI to multi level i meant not to make it MUI and Multi level i know they are 2 diferent things MUI= so multiple units can use the spel
And if u look at what i said (u can make it MUI if u whant to) :p

Last edited:
Level 33
Well, apparently, I'd love to make things easier
If the requester had requested an easy approach (non-MUI, then so be it) :)

But this spell looks cool (I can't afford to make it non-MUI and 1-level only), probably I'll publish it in Spell Section, and credits for the spell will be given to you

In short, I'll make this spell into MUI and supports multi-level as well :)

Level 2
I just made an image that explains all of it what more can i tell?:(
And the map to attach the spell to it.

check this spell maybe it can help >>> Confinement

is similar to this one but the 2 dummys circle around like in the image and has the Mana Siphon effect laser beam from dommy to caster and a vodo effect attached to the caster will chaneling like i just said on my spell request:)

I will give more info if you have more questions!

Last edited:
Level 1
Level 1
Hi guy,Can I Request 1 spell?

I need a taunt to only call heroes.I'm trying make it but only call creeps T-T.Heelp Me

Thanks

Sry,My English is a Sh***

Level 2
you can use the tount skil from blizzard and select it to target heroes ,it works for me:)
Have 2 heroes with this skill and u can play tag your it with the enemy's hero :))
Thing.jpg

JsK

JsK

Level 3
Request

Spell Name: Twilightning

Code Preference: GUI

Spell Type: MUI

Description:
Four levels. 600 cast range. A chain lightning that bounce to enemies within 400 range of the primary target for 2/3/4/5 times, dealing 60/80/100/120 damage on primary target and 25% less for each bounce. At the end of the bounce, the lightning will turn into a healing wave and bounce back to the caster and to nearby allies healing them for the total damage dealt and 25% less for each bounce. Healing wave bounce 1/2/3/4 times. 105/130/155/170 mana cost, 23/21/19/17 seconds cooldown. Preferably a blue lightning for damage and a white for healing. Can only be casted on heroes but is able to bounce to creeps and heroes.

twilightning.jpg

A rough idea how it should work.

Thanks alot! :)

Level 11
Spell Name: Twilightning

Code Preference: GUI

Spell Type: MUI

Description:
Four levels. 600 cast range. A chain lightning that bounce to enemies within 400 range of the primary target for 2/3/4/5 times, dealing 60/80/100/120 damage on primary target and 25% less for each bounce. At the end of the bounce, the lightning will turn into a healing wave and bounce back to the caster and to nearby allies healing them for the total damage dealt and 25% less for each bounce. Healing wave bounce 1/2/3/4 times. 105/130/155/170 mana cost, 23/21/19/17 seconds cooldown. Preferably a blue lightning for damage and a white for healing. Can only be casted on heroes but is able to bounce to creeps and heroes.

twilightning.jpg

A rough idea how it should work.

Thanks alot! :)

Now that's a hell of an idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.