• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] My Races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
The Worgen is a good map because the worgen is a pretty mysterious race and Illidari is the second in the pool . Have some plans for it ?

Level 9
I didn't see the poll anymore though, did you stop taking suggestions for the next race you should do?

*cough* Faceless or Nerubian, both have so many good models and icons but no spells or teachtrees and that seems to be what you are really good at *cough*

My goodness, i've had a cold recently and I cough when I type now sorry about that, anyway keep up the good work :wink:

Also, if you ever wanted a custom Campaign for one of your amazing races let me know, I love writing stories i'd love to jot you up a questline for them to follow if not that's great too!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
:O oh geez man. Get some cough drops. STAT!

I actually kinda lost interest ever since my Forsaken map had not been approved for 2 months now. Even with a high score and all.

My next map was going to be the Worgen, but It has no progress on it.

Actually, you could help me out.

Don't let approval change anything man; approval means little-to-nothing here (at least, not on any reasonable timeline; poor mods have lives & all that). All that matters is you made it, and people like it, and that you like it. : )

Level 24
Don't let approval change anything man; approval means little-to-nothing here (at least, not on any reasonable timeline; poor mods have lives & all that). All that matters is you made it, and people like it, and that you like it. : )

That's understandable, but no one really goes on the pending page to play some maps.

Thanks, man. It's getting difficult to come up with unique ideas for the races/faction, though. After 8 maps, the idea tank is becoming a bit dry.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
That's understandable, but no one really goes on the pending page to play some maps.
Blah, players are overrated. :p

Wa666r said:
Thanks, man. It's getting difficult to come up with unique ideas for the races/faction, though. After 8 maps, the idea tank is becoming a bit dry.
Ah, that's an entirely different matter. Yes, that's very true. :<

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
My Worgen race is nearly completed. I now only need to finish 1 hero's abilities, and all the items. I hope this race will be enjoyable for all. It has some unique ideas including a third resource type that is only obtainable through combat.
e7d01a467ddb7064729d5dca1bef3c7c.jpg

Level 24
Well Thank you. I was actaully thinking more of:
1.) Dark Horde (Looks the fun and intriguing to make with a compilation of various races)

2.) Tauren (Something new that could really be fun to make; but, only 2-3 building models available for use.)

3.) Nerubian (Numerous models and buildings ready to be utilized, and could make something very interesting with a base design based on Nerub technologies.)

4.) Illidari (Many, many, many combinations could be made because the faction holds a multidude of races)

5.) Burning Legion (Various models and Building to use, but honestly seems overdone as the "Demmon"-like races are all over the hive.)

Level 11
I would say that Dark Horde is overdone aswell, I would love to see a Tauren map, but as you said, there's no resources for such a thing :(
Nerubian would be... different. It's not very commun here in Hive, so far as I know, but I'm sure you'll come up with something. Maybe a Risen faction? You know, undeads with demoniac forces, and a better human apparence. Maybe?
Anyway, good luck with this, man!

Level 24
Really? I have yet to see any Dark Horde. There are plenty of Fel Horde, but no Dark Horde. Maybe if someone like Ujimasa Hojo would make a pack of his awesome buildings consisting of Tauren building.
The Risen faction really has such a tiny portion to the WoW lore, so I have somewhat little love for them.

I'm leaning mostly for the Illidari and Dark Horde right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.