• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Multiple Abilities based on the same Ability, looking for a fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys,

I am trying to use a single unit to cast multiple different abilities that are all based on the roar ability, but when i attempt to execute one they all fire at once. I'm hoping there is a simple fix, but if not I am open to creative suggestions. The issue is, I am making a card game similar to "Magic the Gathering", so the unit I am using needs to be able to cast thousands of different abilities (which i would preferably all base on Roar or a similar ability).

Please post if you have a quick fix or if you think of a solution to my overall problem

Level 16
I have encountered the same problem once when basing many abilities off the "Summon Bear" ability. To resolve the problem, I used different abilities. Summon Wolves, Water Element and Summon Bear. I'd be interested if somebody had a real solution to the problem however.

Level 8
So the main problem is, the abilitys get casted with the same order. So all get casted at once.
A solution can be this:
First of all create your spells based on the ability channel. Now catch per trigger the cast of the spell and let a dummy cast the right spell. So everything should work fine.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
The best way is to use Channel ability as base spell like the other's suggested. Then use a dummy to cast the real spell for u.
Remember to make the Base Order ID of each ability different from the other's, and also check the Visible options in the Data - Options field.

Status
Not open for further replies.