• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Two same abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I have one unit with two abilities that are based on the same ability. For an example I have 2 different ensnares. But the problem is, that when I cast one, then it may cast the other and so on. ><

This is because 2 abilities can't use the same order string. Changing it won't help either. The only spell that can use the same order string is channel.

Your going to have to either delete 1 ability or remake it using a different base skill.

Remake 1 spell by doing:

1: Create a base spell of channel, make it unit targeted.

2: Make a dummy ability and unit.

3: Trigger it so whenever you use that channel ability, a dummy unit spawns and ensnares them.

4: Clean the leaks.

Level 13
Thats the only way...

Edit: You could do this.

Create a storm bolt ability and change it's missle to the ensnare net. Change the stun time to the time your supposed to be in the net.

Issues with that:

It stuns, it doesn't capture them in the net.
The net effect disappears on contact, making it look weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.