• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mr_Bean's Spell Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
@ShadowDruid: I've started with your request and it's going well. I have finished with Throw Grenade and Artillery Strike. They only deal damage because you didn't specify anything else (such as a slow). I can add something else if you like.

Also, with the Disable and Enable attacking, how do you want it to work? Does each unit click an ability to toggle firing? I need to know this before I can continue.

Level 7
Spell(Lightning Surge)

- Spell Name:
Lightning Surge
- Coded In:
GUI/vJASS (Any one which is easier for you and more smooth)
- Levels:
- Target Type:
instant
- Cast Type:
active(Channeling)
- Detailed Description:
When the caster starts this ability he will channel waves of lightning for (5x(Level on Ability)). The wave of lightning will move in a circular motion expanding outwards until 1500 units away dealing 150 damage per interval to the enemy which touches the lightning. It's like Maker's omega wave but with the lightning as"CLPB" and only damages enemy.
- Cooldown:
- Mana Cost:
Please help me and thank you.

Level 17
@kodok_rebus: Radamantus will let you know if your request is accepted. I would suggest explaining it here.

@nafre: ~Accepted. When you say "wave of lightning", are you thinking of a lightning version of the Carrion Swarm missile that travels in a circular motion expanding outwards? What model should be used?

Level 9
Spell(Lightning Surge)

- Spell Name:
Lightning Surge
- Coded In:
GUI/vJASS (Any one which is easier for you and more smooth)
- Levels:
- Target Type:
instant
- Cast Type:
active(Channeling)
- Detailed Description:
When the caster starts this ability he will channel waves of lightning for (5x(Level on Ability)). The wave of lightning will move in a circular motion expanding outwards until 1500 units away dealing 150 damage per interval to the enemy which touches the lightning. It's like Maker's omega wave but with the lightning as"CLPB" and only damages enemy.
- Cooldown:
- Mana Cost:
Please help me and thank you.

you can easily change the values in the omega wave to make it work like you need it....why you request it again? Oo

Level 17
Update:
Radamantus - Prophet SP uploaded! It's finally done - sorry for the wait. I was having trouble with Crow Guardian, but it's all good 380 lines later! Please test it a lot and let me know if it works well!

Update Again:
ShadowDruid - Spell Pack uploaded!

Level 11
1. Spell Name: Thunder Locus
- Coded In: GUI/vJASS (Any one which is easier for you and more smooth)
- Levels: 3
- Target Type: point ( i guess)
- Cast Type: active
- Detailed Description: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF_keyFjH1o - From 07:43 to 08:00 ( its like turret it fires storm on the enemies)
( damage 100/200/300)- Cooldown: 45
- Mana Cost: 120

2. Spell Name: Shadow Burst
- Target Type: Unit
- Detailed Description: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL9bqYY4TqY&feature=relmfu - from 08:35 - 08:41 ( it deals magical damage 60/120/180)
- Cooldown: 25
- Mana Cost: 60

Level 17
1. Spell Name: Thunder Locus
- Target Type: point ( i guess)
- Detailed Description: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF_keyFjH1o - From 07:43 to 08:00 ( its like turret it fires storm on the enemies)
( damage 100/200/300)- Cooldown: 45
- Mana Cost: 120

2. Spell Name: Shadow Burst
- Detailed Description: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL9bqYY4TqY&feature=relmfu - from 08:35 - 08:41 ( it deals magical damage 60/120/180)
- Cooldown: 25
- Mana Cost: 60

Questions:
- Thunder Locus: How often does it deal damage?
- Thunder Locus: What is the area of effect (how close must enemies be to get damaged)?
- The above two will obviously be configurable, but it's nice to have a starting point.
- Shadow Burst - So the caster basically leaps forward damaging all enemies it comes into contact with?
- Shadow Burst - what is the jump distance (again, it will be configurable, but I like to know what to start with)?

Level 11
Questions:
- Thunder Locus: How often does it deal damage?
- Thunder Locus: What is the area of effect (how close must enemies be to get damaged)?
- The above two will obviously be configurable, but it's nice to have a starting point.
- Shadow Burst - So the caster basically leaps forward damaging all enemies it comes into contact with?
- Shadow Burst - what is the jump distance (again, it will be configurable, but I like to know what to start with)?

Thunder Locus lets say every second and lasts 1/2/3 seconds, hmm dunno it shouldnt be far about the range near the spell.

SHadow burst: Correct
Shadow burst: not too much just like in the video

Level 4
@kodok_rebus: Radamantus will let you know if your request is accepted. I would suggest explaining it here.

@nafre: ~Accepted. When you say "wave of lightning", are you thinking of a lightning version of the Carrion Swarm missile that travels in a circular motion expanding outwards? What model should be used?

explains about the skill?

- Spell Name: Deadly Crash
- Coded In: GUI
- Levels: 5
- Detailed Description: When the caster starting Deadly Crash to enemy, it deals 200/400/600/800/1000 damage With 200 AoE and can hurt allies ( damage to allies 100/200/300/400/500 )
- Cooldown: 90/88/86/84/80
- Mana Cost: 145/165/185/205/225

Spell Name: Crusade
- Coded In: GUI
- Levels: 5
- Detailed Description: When the caster starting Crusade to enemy, it deals 125/250/375/500/625 damage With 500 AoE and can heals allies ( Heals to allies 100/200/300/400/500 )
- Cooldown: 100
- Mana Cost: 200

Level 2
Hey, can u make spells for me? here it is :

1. Spell Name : Ice Blast
- Target Type: unit/point ( i guess)
- Detailed Description : like Ice Blast in DotA, you know?
- Cooldown : 25
- Mana Cost : 200
but i've custom it, like this :
- Cast Range : Global
- Duration : 8 second HP Freeze
- Area of Effect : 500
- Damage lvl 1/2/3 : 450/650/850
- Damage type : pure
- Effects : 32 DoT, instant kill if damage suffered below 12% HP, enemy will visible when hit by Ice Blast for 8 second

2. Spell Name : Ancient Blast
- Levels: 4
- Target Type: unit/point ( i guess)
- Detailed Description : like Ice Blast in DotA but did no effect
- Cooldown : 10
- Mana Cost : 100
but i've custom it, like this :
- Cast Range : Global
- Area of Effect : 300
- Damage lvl 1/2/3/4 : 200/300/400/500
- Damage type : pure
- Effects : No effect, just deals damage

Please help me ya? Thanks Before :goblin_yeah:

Level 17
@Jas.per:
icons_6448_pas.jpg

Name : Air Whip
Spell Type : Passive
Levels : 10
Description : Add's 10% [+1.5% Per Level] to Damage and 5% [+1.5% Per Level] to AttackSpeed. Increases Hp Regeneration by 4hp per seconds

The Object Editor only allows values as small as 1%, not 0.5%. Must I change the damage and attack speed bonus or leave it as 10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19% (it can't increase by 0.5%)?

EDIT: I uploaded the spell with the values I mentioned. If you want them changed, this can be done in the Object Editor.

Last edited:
Level 7

Yes its like the carrion swarm which is spinning around your hero and moving outwards but with lightning attached to it. For the time being i would like it to be the crushing wave model(unless you have a better model).

@jas.per:

The object editor only allows values as small as 1%, not 0.5%. Must i change the damage and attack speed bonus or leave it as 10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19% (it can't increase by 0.5%)?

edit: i uploaded the spell with the values i mentioned. If you want them changed, this can be done in the object editor.

5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14%

icons_13937_btn.jpg

Spell Name : Claw Berserk
Spell Type : Active
Spell Level : 10
Spell Target : Unit
Cooldown : 13 [+1 Per Level] Seconds
ManaCost : 60 [+15 Per Level]
CastRange : 600
Description : Charges to the target dealing 10 [+5 Per Level] damage in those in the target's way when the target is reached the targeted unit will be damaged by 70 [ + 15 Per Level ] and will be slowed Attackspeed and movement speed for 5 Seconds
icons_6010_pas.jpg

Spell Name : Blood Thirst
Description : Every time when this unit attacks a target it gains health by 1% [+1% Per Level] Life steal and if attacks the same unit again this unit gains 5% [+2% Per Level] Life Steal
icons_6376_btn.jpg

Spell Name : Fatal Strike
Spell Type : Active
Spell Target : Unit
Cast Range : 100
Mana Cost : 100 [ + 20 Per Level ]
Cooldown : 40 Seconds
Description : Damages the target dealing 100 [ + 15 Per Level ]
icons_12879_pas.jpg

Spell Name : Blood Absorption
Spell Level : 9
Description : Passively increases Attackspeed by 4% [ + 1% Per Level]and Lifesteal by 2 [ + 2 Per Level]and adds 3 [ + 2 Per Level ] Agility

Level 17
@TheDeathStalker: May be a while. There are quite a few requests I have to complete. When do you need it by?

EDIT: Here are some screenshots of how Claptomanic's Life Bloom is looking so far:

Missile traveling outwards in a spiral:
screen1uji.jpg

screen2vcm.jpg

Spirits draining enemies' life:
screen3sw.jpg

Last edited:
Level 9
Here's the spellpack for Jas.per (or at least i hope it's here ^^ i never uploaded something here xD hop it works xD)

the spells are (at least as far as i can see ^^) MUI, leakless and laggless. Enjoy :D

btw. the only real hard one was the speed walk because of the trail...that was f***ing annoying ;D

Attachments

• Jas.per's Spellpack.w3x
    58.9 KB · Views: 46
Level 17
@FRENGERS: Here you go:

• Heal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Heal
    • Actions
      • Set tempUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set tempReal = ((Life of tempUnit) x 0.20)
      • Unit - Set life of tempUnit to ((Life of tempUnit) + tempReal)

Level 13
@FRENGERS: Here you go:

• Heal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Heal
    • Actions
      • Set tempUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set tempReal = ((Life of tempUnit) x 0.20)
      • Unit - Set life of tempUnit to ((Life of tempUnit) + tempReal)

Thunk'z :D :D
Um.. Is the base spell are Holylight??

Level 9
first of all thanks bean ^^

now to the spells :

1. Granade Rain :
a) it deals damage to the caster and allies Oo
b) the caster stays paused after casting

2. Death's Present :
a) the ghost should rise and grow at the same time (now it doesnt grow at all) and should be 2 times as tall as it is at the moment^^

3. Moon Slash :
a) could you increase the knockback speed and distance?
b) could you change the "slam effect" to Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl ?

4. Life Bloom :
a) when i try to save it it gives me an error of an unexpected "i" value Oo you set the local before so thats not the problem and (afaik) i have the current jasshelper so where's the problem Oo any ideas?
b) the caster can move while the spiral is created and the spiral gets screwed up when he moves
c) the healed amount is too high. at the moment it heals (number of wisps x amount of HP drained totally) but it should heal (amount of HP drained totally) not more ^^
d) does the drain drain 0.2 x INT ?

could you fix that?

thanks in advance :D

Last edited:
Level 17
1a) Whoops, I forgot to fix that after testing! :p
1b) There seems to be a strange glitch that causes it to break. I had already set it to unpause the caster, but something goes wrong somewhere. I will look into this... Okay, I've found the problem and fixed it.

2a) Sorry, I forgot about this part!

3a) Please read the configurables section of the Moon Slash trigger.
3b) Please read the configurables section of the Moon Slash trigger.

4a) Hmmm. Try updating to this version: [LINK].
4b) I didn't know the caster was meant to be paused (perhaps I missed that part).
4c) The caster is healed by the amount of life each Spirit drained. How is it meant to be?
4d) Yes. If you check the GetDrainedLife function (line ~59) you will see how it is calculated.

Once I have fixed (1a), (1b), (2a) and (4b) I will upload the demo map.

Level 9
1a) Whoops, I forgot to fix that after testing! :p
1b) There seems to be a strange glitch that causes it to break. I had already set it to unpause the caster, but something goes wrong somewhere. I will look into this... Okay, I've found the problem and fixed it.

2a) Sorry, I forgot about this part!

3a) Please read the configurables section of the Moon Slash trigger.
3b) Please read the configurables section of the Moon Slash trigger.

4a) Hmmm. Try updating to this version: [LINK].
4b) I didn't know the caster was meant to be paused (perhaps I missed that part).
4c) The caster is healed by the amount of life each Spirit drained. How is it meant to be?
4d) Yes. If you check the GetDrainedLife function (line ~59) you will see how it is calculated.

Once I have fixed (1a), (1b), (2a) and (4b) I will upload the demo map.

2a) no prob ^^

3a) & 3b) sorry i just tested and forgot to look at the triggers xD

4a) strange....now it works although i had the same version ^^

4b) the caster does not have to be paused....just the spiral shall look like a spiral and not like whatever because he moves ^^

4c) then something is wrong in the part of saving this amount. i tested it in your map and the wisps drained about 70 HP but the caster was healed by about 300 HP Oo you get why i think its calculated wrong? xD

4d) okay just wanted to be sure xD

oh and you forgot another small part...in granade rain you set the amount of bombs thrown to 10 but it should be 5+5 per abilitylevel. and i just recognized that it would take 27.5 seconds on max level to finish the spell^^ could you lower the time betweeen each shot to 0.3 ? then it would take 16.5 seconds for finishing and thats a good value^^

Status
Not open for further replies.