• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mr_Bean's Spell Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Spell Request

Spell 1
Name : Fire Rocket
Ability Type : Instant
Levels : 3
Cooldown : 5.5 Seconds
Range : 700 ( range when the missle explodes )
AoE : 250
Description : Fires a rocket infront of the caster towards dealing 90/100/120 [+35% of Damage] (if hits a unit)
Use these models
The Missle
The Explosion
Caster Effect

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
I was bored so I created your spell Nightbrowler. The only two things I didnt know how to do in GUI was MUI and Hashtables so I needed a spell to try learning MUI so I used yours. I only have one issue left regarding leaks and then Im done. (I need to use udg_Point[IntegerA] but I dont know what to put instead of IntegerA which is wrong) The spell itself is done and should be working fine.
Edit: Someone responded to my help thread and Im now done. Im not sure its exactly what you wanted but atleast I tried. Should I send you the map?

Level 17
Okay, thank you. Bumped it to the top of the list, because it was requested before the others. I will start on it right away.

If I have left your request off the list, please tell me.

EDIT:
@Matchen: Have you got a damage detection system? If so, please specify which one. Thanks.

Level 3
no... i don't have any Damage Detection Systems

If you would add or make one that'd be fine i guess... i don't really know very much about spell triggering

Level 17
- Spell Name: Mark of the Shield
- Coded In: vJASS
- Levels: 5
- Target Type: unit
- Cast Type: active
- Detailed Description: Cast range 700. The user marks the target unit with the Mark of the Shield for 15 seconds. While the mark is on the target, the user gains 7/14/21/28/35% movement speed and armor while moving towards him, and on his first attack, he consumes the mark, dealing 10/20/30/40/50% bonus damage for 20 seconds and stunning the target for 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds. The target becomes immune for Mark of the Shield for 11 seconds, and the closest enemy unit within range is marked when the mark is consumed.
- Cooldown: 11 seconds
- Mana Cost: 60/70/80/90/100

Notes: This is an engaging, hard-CC ability!

Does the caster get 7/14/21/28/35% bonus armour? I don't think you can give percent bonuses; only flat ones.

Level 3
Does the caster get 7/14/21/28/35% bonus armour? I don't think you can give percent bonuses; only flat ones.

i wonder can you make the damage reduction higher then?

but If there is no way to make the armor in percentage...
then just make it 10/20/30/40/50

Level 17
Devotion Aura can be set to give a percentage bonus.

Of course, thanks man! But is there a way to hide Devotion Aura so that it won't appear as an ability for the hero?
Wow, Mark of the Shield is going to have a lot of sub-abilities!

EDIT:
The target becomes immune for Mark of the Shield for 11 seconds, and the closest enemy unit within range is marked when the mark is consumed.

Does this mean that the hero's speed and armour buff is refreshed? I.e. does the 15 second buff on the caster start again when the mark is consumed?

Last edited:
Level 3
Of course, thanks man! But is there a way to hide Devotion Aura so that it won't appear as an ability for the hero?
Wow, Mark of the Shield is going to have a lot of sub-abilities!

EDIT:

Does this mean that the hero's speed and armour buff is refreshed? I.e. does the 15 second buff on the caster start again when the mark is consumed?

no... its only for the 11 seconds the mark is on an enemy

i was wondering if my request can be done:
- Spell Name: Jump
- Coded In: GUI
- Levels: 1
- Target Type: none
- Cast Type: manual
- Detailed Description: the caster leaps forward 300 and 200 in high, while jumping he can jump over cliffs but not in

- Spell Name: arrow moment
- Coded In: Hui
- Levels: N\A
- Target Type: None
- Cast Type: Arrow Key Event
- Detailed Description: up makes you issued to move 50 foreword, back makes you move backwards, left make you turn 3 to the left every 0.03 and right does the opposite, double left makes you side walk left, double right makes you side walk right, double click down makes you face current facing + 180

Level 25
i was wondering if my request can be done:
- Spell Name: Jump
- Coded In: GUI
- Levels: 1
- Target Type: none
- Cast Type: manual
- Detailed Description: the caster leaps forward 300 and 200 in high, while jumping he can jump over cliffs but not in

- Spell Name: arrow moment
- Coded In: Hui
- Levels: N\A
- Target Type: None
- Cast Type: Arrow Key Event
- Detailed Description: up makes you issued to move 50 foreword, back makes you move backwards, left make you turn 3 to the left every 0.03 and right does the opposite, double left makes you side walk left, double right makes you side walk right, double click down makes you face current facing + 180

Both of these exist in droves in the spells section.

Level 18
1st request:

Spell name: Fireball

Done in vJass

Number of levels: 3

Mana cost and cooldown: What do you think?

Hero/unit ability: Hero

Cast type (passive/active/auto-cast): Active

Target type (unit/point/instant): Target point of ability

Detailed description of what the spell does, including all values such as damage amounts: The Caster throws a fireball towards the direction of the target point of ability. If an unit, enemy or ally, were in the way of the fireball, the fireball will slide the unit along with it at a constant speed, damaging the unit. When the fireball disspates, the unit's movement speed is reduced temporarily. If other units were in the way of the fireball, as it drags a unit, then these units will be pushed to the side and will take some damage, as well as their movement speed reduced temporarily.

Last edited:
Level 17
@Matchen: After a few days I have come to the conclusion that I am unable to do your request. I don't have enough experience yet and the use of a damage detection system complicates things. Would you like me to ask someone else to complete the request? Sorry about this.

1st request:

Spell name: Fireball

Done in vJass

Number of levels: 3

Mana cost and cooldown: What what do you think?

Hero/unit ability: Hero

Cast type (passive/active/auto-cast): Active

Target type (unit/point/instant): Target point of ability

Detailed description of what the spell does, including all values such as damage amounts: The Caster throws a fireball towards the direction of the target point of ability. If an unit, enemy or ally, were in the way of the fireball, the fireball will slide the unit along with it at a constant speed, damaging the unit. When the fireball disspates, the unit's movement speed is reduced temporarily. If other units were in the way of the fireball, as it drags a unit, then these units will be pushed to the side and will take some damage, as well as their movement speed reduced temporarily.

Can the fireball only pull 1 unit along with it?

Level 3
@Matchen: After a few days I have come to the conclusion that I am unable to do your request. I don't have enough experience yet and the use of a damage detection system complicates things. Would you like me to ask someone else to complete the request? Sorry about this.

As long as it gets done... then im happy. And i would need it as soon as possible

Level 17
Update:
I have been working a lot on requests lately.
I am planning on uploading a few at once (hopefully in the next week or so).

@Matchen: I am asking around, looking for someone to do your request (since I am unable to). I will let you know how it goes.
@Jas.per: I am waiting for you to reply to my visitor message.

Level 17
To all the people with GUI requests, please check your Visitor Messages!

Update:

Uploaded these requests:

• Jas.per - Explosion Spell Pack
  • Jas.per - Fire Rocket
  • GhostHunter123 - Fireball
Please let me know if you would like something changed, or if the installation instructions are unclear.

@Matchen, jolelele, caelez: I have sent you questions about your requests. Please check your Visitor Messages/Private Messages/Email. Thanks.

Level 18
Thanks a lot, Mr. Bean!

Edit: I am not sure why exactly I received this error while trying to save the map. Please see image below.

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Level 4
I was so happy with my last request that I thought I may request another spell which I beleive I would have some problem triggering. It says one week between requests... I hope that is between the request and not the finishing of it ;)
Spell Name: Electric Defence Installation
Number of Levels: 5
Mana Cost: 50 per activate.
Cooldown: -
Cast Type: Passive
Detailed Description: This spell increases the armor of the unit by 2,4,6,8,10. It will also realease a lightning bolt at all units in a 400 aoe everytime the hero has taken 400 damage. (Think of it as a counter. If the unit takes 1 damage 400 times the spell will activate) The bolt will stun for 0.2s and deal 75,125,175,225,175 damage. If possible make the damage counter be pre migation. (if you take a 400 nuke but reduce the actual damage dealt the spell will still activate)

Edit: I want pre migation because of mana shield synergy incase it makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.