• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #20 - Campaign Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Here is a new work in progress on ground mesh and Orc battering ram team.
Good night.

Attachments

• castle siege_wip4.jpg
    castle siege_wip4.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 291
Level 28
And now for the interesting bit... The KAWOOSH!!!

EDIT:
attachment.php

A lil particle job. Not much from that angle but it looks fine from the camera. Either way I'm gonna warp the mesh of the eventhorizon and make it extend into the kawoosh in order to bring a lil more substance to it.

Attachments

• SGCWIP_04.JPG
    SGCWIP_04.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 968
Last edited:
Level 28
And finally, how much triangles/polies is your campaign screen Thriko?

Mine currently has 7375 polies.

EDIT:
Ok I'm officially dropping out. Reason beeing:
attachment.php
I have no idea why but shit don't work. The chevron markers drop their texture and the event horizon goes black for some unknown reason.
Suffice to say, I can't submit what doesn't work and I can't fix what I don't understand.

Attachments

• SGCFail.JPG
    SGCFail.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 668
Last edited:
Level 16
Mine currently has 7375 polies.

EDIT:
Ok I'm officially dropping out. Reason beeing:
attachment.php
I have no idea why but shit don't work. The chevron markers drop their texture and the event horizon goes black for some unknown reason.
Suffice to say, I can't submit what doesn't work and I can't fix what I don't understand.
Aww thats too bad :(. tried for asking for help around the problem?..
Your's is one of the best bthw!.
I think people need that.. :/.. but i guess u could still submit it after the competition is over.. :'(

Well it doesn't work as a campaign screen so that's out of the question. However I'm turning it into a building model for in-game use.
try changing the pivot point of the objects that don't appear... to somewhere in the camera's target...

btw...
WIP time

playing around with possibilities... a prison cell may be one :)

Attachments

• lolwip.JPG
    lolwip.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 392
Level 16
The Modelers must be extremely busy. Which is a good thing. A few WIPS would bring the thread back to life, i'm sure of it.

Thats my point man, i wanna see some work they have done! cos this is, by far a complicated contest, and surely it will have some great results! :)
Im hoping after guys finish their models, there will be some software to change the campaign screen to any you want :)

Level 31
I would not be opposed to extending the contest for about 3 weeks, in lieu of such a time consuming theme.

Is anyone opposed the idea? In this case, it wouldn't be unfair to those who have finished because, well... no one has finished lol.

The 3 entry rule was established to prevent any unfairness or unnecessary drag. This is a special case though, as we literally have no entries.

If the current deadline is reached and less than 2 people have submitted a finished entry, I will extend it to the end of May.

Level 18
Wandering Soul - WIP

This is my progress so far, there's still work and refinement to be done.

NOTE : This is only the Landscape/Interior Design of a tavern.

Currently making people to 'populate' the tavern. There will be an Archmage 'storytelling' to the other elder version of Human heroes (Mountain King, Paladin & Bloodmage). So far the Archmage and Mountain King is nearly ready.

MAY NOT INSERT THESE HEROES IF TIME IS INSUFFICIENT.

Attachments

• Tavern_Indoor.jpg
    Tavern_Indoor.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 189
This is my progress so far, there's still work and refinement to be done.

NOTE : This is only the Landscape/Interior Design of a tavern.

Currently making people to 'populate' the tavern. There will be an Archmage 'storytelling' to the other elder version of Human heroes (Mountain King, Paladin & Bloodmage). So far the Archmage and Mountain King is nearly ready.

MAY NOT INSERT THESE HEROES IF TIME IS INSUFFICIENT.
awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.