• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #3 - Minicraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I was never good with time differences :(

If it is ok with everyone it would be much appreciated :)

Otherwise,

Please use this entry then : Link

It was a fully workable version (The final one just had some visual improvements and fixes)

Nobody seems against it.

So, we'll use your final version you posted.

Not a big deal since it was only a few hours.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
I was never good with time differences :(

If it is ok with everyone it would be much appreciated :)

Otherwise,

Please use this entry then : Link

It was a fully workable version (The final one just had some visual improvements and fixes)

Pretty fun! I scored 387.

This contest seems like it was pretty successful.

Good luck to everyone!

Level 28
someone else meaning only one person? some of the maps probly need more than just 2 players
Normally only one other person, yes.
However, if one of the contestants specifically says it has to be played with more, I will play it with up to 4 people. Not more though.
But really: that's only if they ask me to, otherwise I'll play it with 2 players (including myself).

Level 6
When do you judges expect to have your judging in?

Mine may take about two weeks...due to some complications.
However, if that's too long, I'd try and get around these complications and have my judging within a week.

Level 11
Mine requires multiplayer lol and it probly has to be more than 2 players
more players = more fun xD

Butttt if you must, you could always play with computer players.
I made a pretty bad a.i. but it isnt really supposed to be a part of the map, i just made it so i could test, it wasnt meant to be judged.
So if your forced to do that for my map please take that into consideration :) but playing with 2 people might be alright, it just removes one aspect of the game

Or maybe you could play with comps and imagine how fun it would be with real players then judge based on that ;D lol

Level 49
Normally only one other person, yes.
However, if one of the contestants specifically says it has to be played with more, I will play it with up to 4 people. Not more though.
But really: that's only if they ask me to, otherwise I'll play it with 2 players (including myself).

But that's rather inaccurate. ><
What if there's a 12 player map? They're basically screwed, because you'll tell them the map's gameplay is bad... But you can't know for sure, because if it's made for 12 players, it's MEANT to be played with 12 players.
Kind of like playing Azeroth Wars with anything less than 12 players.

Level 5
is the table updated? because when i went to play knight race, half the map was blank.

Yeah it is. Looks like TDA just posted it unfinished because he was tired of making it. Look at his post here.

Also, I'll put the updated table here:

I'm sure there's at least one map that requires multi player.

Well, my map has AI so you can test it with AI but multiplayer makes much more sense I think. You might probably test it in both ways or something like that... Also you can play it alone.

Level 28
But that's rather inaccurate. ><
What if there's a 12 player map? They're basically screwed, because you'll tell them the map's gameplay is bad... But you can't know for sure, because if it's made for 12 players, it's MEANT to be played with 12 players.
Kind of like playing Azeroth Wars with anything less than 12 players.
Still, every mapper has to take the amount of players into account.
You should know that it's not always possible to get full house on b.net, so there is no point on creating a full house-only map.

If you really think I'm not capable enough of judging the enjoyability of a map when not playing full house, then so be it.
I will test it with a maximum of 4 players, not more.

I never play on b.net, and when on LAN I always play with the same friend. That's just who I am.
You should be happy I'm even considering of testing this with 4, as I initially planned on only testing it with 2 (me and my friend).

Level 49
Uhh...
Then in my honest opinion, you are not a good judge.
If you cannot test the map properly, then you shouldn't judge it at all. And most maps are MADE to be played with a specific amount of players, not just with 2 or 4. A much better compromise is to play with all the judges, their friends and any empty slots filled with randoms from Battle.net or Garena.

Level 28
Uhh...
Then in my honest opinion, you are not a good judge.
If you cannot test the map properly, then you shouldn't judge it at all. And most maps are MADE to be played with a specific amount of players, not just with 2 or 4. A much better compromise is to play with all the judges, their friends and any empty slots filled with randoms from Battle.net or Garena.
Okay, then I withdraw as a judge.

Why don't judges play those maps with each other? I think it's the easiest way :)
I just don't.

I'm out.

Really now? Do we have to cry about such small problems?
Yes, this contest is supposed to be a multiplayer mini-game one, but if you're asking the judges to play the maps with a full-house, then it'll never happen.
Warcraft 3 is almost dead, except for DotA maybe and you should be happy when you know that the judges are at least playing the map with up to 2 or 4 players.
And I do agree that making a full-house map is a bad idea, when at this point, not a lot of people are playing warcraft 3.

Also testing a map with random people can never end well. Why?
They might quit mid-game or even in the start, or they'll just troll the judges and mess up the game.

[Insert massive loads of rage comments below]

Fine then, if Apocalypse withdraws and some other judges are harboring ideals of playing maps with less then the suggested players i would be fine with withdrawing my map and judging.

Why would i do this, because my map to be fully functional needs more than 2 players and each added player boosts the fun.

If you wish me I would do this despite my desire to win the contest, i want contestants to have a fair 'trial' plus i like playing on Bnet and i have friends to get more people if they still play.

Edit: Who said judging was an easy or quick job?

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
I'll be testing this out by myself, if you don't mind. Most of the maps I've seen are either SP or still functional with 1 P. However, if the need arises, I can test multi-player.

My map will start with 1 player but you won't really see the competition in the map without at least 1 other.

I'd prefer you play at least 1v1 and I'd even offer to be that other player.

Cheers,

@everyone else, this contest was going so well until people started bitching at judges. Maybe they just need to just pass judgment and let everyone whine for a bit.

Level 28
My point is: if a map really needs full house to be fun, then you deserve to lose points in the category "enjoyability".
Of course: playing with more could be more fun, but a set amount of players is just complete bullshit.

I have never seen a decent game where you had to be with over 4 players to have fun.
Even 12-player maps, such as Footmen Wars, can be fun when played with 4.

But I won't waste my breath on this any longer.
I won't judge, as I will only play with the people of my choice. And there are only 3 people I wish to play with.

Level 28
And it would be great if you won't mind the "honest opinon" of a guy who doesn't even participate in this contest.
It's the opinion of someone on the hive. This contest isn't just for the judges and the contestants, if anyone here blames a judge for being biased, then it could turn out in a drama over the winner. He thought I wasn't a good judge, so let's try to avoid that who-really-won-drama by creating a drama now.

Level 49
My point is: if a map really needs full house to be fun, then you deserve to lose points in the category "enjoyability".
Of course: playing with more could be more fun, but a set amount of players is just complete bullshit.

I have never seen a decent game where you had to be with over 4 players to have fun.
Even 12-player maps, such as Footmen Wars, can be fun when played with 4.

But I won't waste my breath on this any longer.
I won't judge, as I will only play with the people of my choice. And there are only 3 people I wish to play with.

Azeroth Wars can ONLY really be played with 12 players, and Mafia is only fun with 12 players, two of the greatest maps around.

Status
Not open for further replies.