• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Making Clan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... And i know it wasnt complete, few doods etc. but it seems...very Plain.
By plain i mean, unintresting, and rather a clitche (so common it dosnt mean anything).
So, my suggestion is to spice it up, add more life to it, make a town that makes you say "WOW" you know? so i think its a nice template, but not anywhere near a RPG of our...expectations. Now, if you need help, im sure more than of few of us would be glad to help, but i did see where you tried to incorperate some of the key factors, such as that diablo-y feel. SO bascically, do what u were doing, but make it stand out, try stuff that you would think is bazziare. Better to make a weird, but noticable map, than a good map thats just another blip.

Level 1
Hi, I know you guys already have quite a few people on this project but I was wondering if you wanted 1 more.

I do mostly triggering especially spells.

My favorite thing about maps is when they have custom spells that make you wonder "how the hell did they do that". So this is what I have to offer let me know what you think.

P.S. my favorite pop is Black cherry :twisted:

Level 2
i can't open the rpg terrain map...

anyways, due to some things, we'll meet at 5 to 6 CENTRAL. (have to cut some slack for the sweeden guy =P).

AZEROTH, channel AL. ok?

hope every1 gets the msg.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The terain is good but there is far too much water.
The river is too short and should extend the whole length of the map. There should be at the end of the river a shawol water area.
there should be a destcintive, grassland area, jungle, forest, desert, Wet (with alot of shalow water in it, blighted (the one you have is fine at the moment next to the water) and they should not have alot of watter in them (excption of the jungle and wet)
Where it goes under water there should be a dirt/ dirt rough terrain not grass/grassy dirt.
You should make an area for a propper vilage (64x64) Where some quests are given and where you can buy very basic items for tradeskills and stuff, and ontop of that you could uses it as a major desaster scene (where all the vilagers turn into powerfull zombies)

Using WEU I find is ok but activating advanced triggers is bad because it uses an extra 300KB in the map. WEU has major advantages over normal WE because you can set in the object editor things to - values and to higher values than you could in normal WE.

And I strongly recomend we do not uses any imported modles untill the working beta is out and tested. This is so we can see how much space we have left for modifications and for imported stuff.

Finaly we are starting to talk about stuff that is giving away a highly detaled picture of our project and is running any suprize the people wold get once it is done so we should find a way of talking this so not everyone hears what we are going to do.

And please state the times your going to meet in GMT

Level 4
I don't think I can make it but you guys go ahead without me. I may come though i'll see.

Sickness life you are JUST what were looking for! We need spells really bad especially awesome spells.

Ok theres 3 races:

Human
Elf
Undead

There are 5 classes for each race.

Each class is like a hero. I have already worked on a few human classes but I need spells for a:

Priest
and a Crusader

If you could make triggerd spells for those that would be awesome.

Level 5
You terrain is quite good! But there is to much plain grounds, and you shoul create better cities! I saw that you need icons, and I will start creating icons right now for some spells ok?

I cannot make it, i dont think so, i have a super bowl party to go to, after all it IS super bowl sunday! and yeah, a spells-worker would be great, saves alotta people from getting overwhelmed with say...8 jobs :shock: anyways, i wont be there, but i think most of you have noticed some patterns in my thinking...
KISS, LOVE, make it stand out, and dont go over your head into something

Level 2
btw: 5-6pm Central is 10-11pm GMT. also plez wait 15 mins for leeway. not everybody could get on at the same time. so please be patient.

Level 5
I'm thinking about camera in this RPG. I think, that it will be good normal view, but it must be locked and the camera must following player from the top. What do you say?

Level 1
I can try to make spells for any unit you need, but I need to know what type of spells you want. Priest... healing, divine sheild, ????????, ?????????, wrath of god. Crusader... I have no idea what type of abilities a crusader might have... holy sword, religous fervor, Smite, convert(????), ?????????? if you guys can give me ideas for more or better ones i will make them

Level 4
Sicknesslife said:
I can try to make spells for any unit you need, but I need to know what type of spells you want. Priest... healing, divine sheild, ????????, ?????????, wrath of god. Crusader... I have no idea what type of abilities a crusader might have... holy sword, religous fervor, Smite, convert(????), ?????????? if you guys can give me ideas for more or better ones i will make them

Ya your on the right track I was thinking of.

For the Crusader... Diablo-like paladin abilities would be pretty good.

Like the ones you just mentioned.

Level 16
i already have skin and skill ideas for the cruased, and soon enough the icons too, so don't bother doing that... they have already been done by vexorian so it is up for download in the spell section.

the spells are Shield of Divinity, Blessed Hammer and Charge... well he needs one more skill.

This doesn't work we need an forum of our own or get hosted... i can get us hosted if you want?
mah homie riddle has an forum, he can host us.
www.theguild.de.ki

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It would be nice if the modles are weaponless because then you can make it than when you pick up a shield the shield modle appears on the unit same with anyweapon including bow.

With out a bow an archer should not be able to attack.
With out a sword a sword using hero is increadbly weak.
Only excption is mages because they weapon is magic so they gain power using a staff.

Although having preattacked weapons on a modle would stop that with the looks of the unit that still does not mean we can't have this idear.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Forget about the animations having the modeles will be fine with the normal sword swishing animations (since it would be weak without a sword people would seldomly take it off and fight with out one).

I have thought of a spell chain for a hero that could be caled elementest and the spell is called Improve Elemental magic and is based on golblin tinkers engenering ability and what is special about it is that it reduses the master mageses item upgradings time so it makes a good mage master.

Its nice, the link and us being hosted, but im not really seeing teh point. Especically the hero ideas.
Race (human undead elf) or w/e
Class(warrior etc.)

So why have a hero idea???
Its a human warrior... not a Karoth campion...
maybe im just missing the point, but i thought we chose a race, a class, then a personality (the tomb). So the heros are very stright forward, and we can easily just find abilities we think match each hero.
Human Paladin-Healing Light etc.
Huamn Warrior-Bash etc.
Huamn Mage-Spells or w/e
i mean... were making something i think is simple and strightfoward bigger....beacause we can?
I dont see the sence, but please tell me if im wrong on this or just missing the point, beacause this threw me off

Level 5
This is RPG man!!! There must be mage, and similar things. Yes, there is always mage in RPG maps, but it's not realy cool. It's a unit from the game with the same spells and diffrent name, that's the mage in many RPG maps. We should create mage with new spells and new skins, and it will be realy GREAT!!!

Actually, contrare to my seemingly "NEW NEW NEW" attitude, theres nothing wrong ith going with a tradutional aproch. In fact, i really like games more when they dont make some abstract, only-in-one game class.
Warrior-immediatly triggers some vision of a melee wepon-weilding man, in my case i think of a Barbarian from Diablo 2. And notice Barbarian is also a simple class, and gets the message stright across. "I USE MELEE WEPONS IM A WARRIOR!"
Now... lets say we made a class...such as
Un'Gol Magister-almost sounds like a mage...but what the hell is this thing, whats its spells... im not following it.

So, as i think ive made clear, KISS works exceptionally well on names, but thats not to say we couldnt take it and put a twist on it. Make a Mage an Arcane Spell-Caster, or maybe a Magister of Fire. Fairly unique names, but i think they both get the message across "I USE MAGIC!"

Level 16
well ofcorse it wouldn't be some meningless crap like Un'Gol Magister, i was more thinking of something like an grove master or whatever, it would be like an keeper of the grove but with new spells new skin and things like that, i have never seen an rpg with an class like an keeper of the grove. like i said all rpg's has an mage and ofcorse they should have one but they don't neceserly needs to be called an mage and have the classic abilitys like frost nova and things like that.

I know, i was purposfully exagerating on the Un'Gol Mageister, but my point was...
Were supposed to chose out hero through race and Class etc. Now the hell are we gonna get a hero like u mentioned, a Grove Master. Unless were gonna class an Elf Driud or w/e that, it wont go into the system were talkign about. And if we do call an Elf Druid a Grove Keeper...i feel thats really uneccisary just call it a damn ELF DRUID!

Level 3
I like the idea of a mapmaking clan, i made some maps myself like "Archers assasination" and "Warden war" i dont think u know them but u can download them here.
My special is object manager and doodads mostly.
i would join the clan, the problem is i play on northrend but if any1 here would join me with this kind of stuff there, LET ME KNOW !

Find me on MSN or acc Breaker_Lars on Northrend :)

What do u mean? only red_lord and Juice_F WHERE?
I didnt post on out hosted site, no beacause i dont honestly see the point. And i think (or thought) that the heros were prrty stright forward, and i still (even though Juice explain he stated it wrong) dont see teh point of hero idea, even if its just for abilities. So what?? abilities are just charectaristic of a hero.
Elf Warrior.
do we need other people to give us ideas about what to give him?? its a nice link, and a nice way to get fresh ideas, im just not gonna get involved.

I'm not very sure what, if any, progress weve made the last few weeks. Now that ive finished my map (Civil War Redone) i would like to begin working on this. But wait...we have nothing?? So guys, lets not plan every detail, that only makes it so if theres one problem the whole system goes to s***. so i say, lets get going and (as Neil Pert said) "Leave spontanity to chance" i really like this, beacause it says not to go in over prepared, the best things in life are random, and sudden so LETS GET GOING![/i]

Status
Not open for further replies.