• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Long time no see, a little texturing fun I had

Level 20
So whilst I'm still struggling with export errors on Thrall ( managed to get about half his animations done at least! ) I went ahead and finished up my Arthas texture!

arthas_01.png

Level 50
So whilst I'm still struggling with export errors on Thrall ( managed to get about half his animations done at least! ) I went ahead and finished up my Arthas texture!

View attachment 255778
Man, that face. Really. That's true Arthas we need, really looks like one from the cinematic. How many polycount so far? About the animations, may I suggest some spell like 'stab attack' where he attacks his father? Would be cool to have something that can remind the moments from the cinematic. Great job so far, all your wips look DC so far.

Level 50
Level 20
So I've gotten the basic animations for Thrall done, but he still needs more, such as alternate spells, spell channels and more attacks.

HOWEVER, Neodex is about to cause me to throw my PC out the window, It has crashed over 20 times on me today and I can not add new keyframes anymore.

No responses on the Neodex thread from the dev, not sure he's active anymore? So I'm pretty much stuck here.

Level 50
It's nice to see optimistic thoughts from you, really. I just wish it, and other models you started, to get finished. Btw, that death animations from the video looks very nice and smooth. The Blizzard could hire you and Tauer by now. :D Also, you two could record some video to learn as "mortals" how to make custom animations like that.

Level 20
@Heinvers

Would be fun! I'm nowhere near as big of a Diablo nerd as I am Warcraft, but perhaps! I like myself some good'ol gothic horror at times.

@Kyrbi0

It's all in the UVW mapping, blizzards unwraps are just garbage across the board, my workflow for this was, import model, adjust proportions, add/remove pieces from the mesh, change/fix topology, make A GOOD UV MAP.

Makes texturing so much easier :3

Level 38
Thanks Archian! ALL the nipples and buttockes! When I was designing this guy for the platformer game it was about 4 AM and I was giggling like a school girl when I decided to give him the cowboy butt pants.

Did some touchups on the texture, much happier with him now.

View attachment 246937

Give him a scythe and a skull maks and it perfect Grim Reaper! :D

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hey man, I just discovered this thread, which has some of the most amazing texture work I've ever seen done for Warcraft 3. While you have showcased plenty of skins and models in this thread, I fail to see where we can get our hands of them? Are they ever released somewhere? Thanks!

Level 20
Hey SpasMaster and MogulKahn! I agree it is indeed a shame ^^ I'm still working on Thrall but have lately been super busy with my real job, we just launched our first VR title if that's of interest to anyone!

As of now only really the skins I've done for the texturing contests are uploaded for grabs. Thrall is very close to being done though and I think I've managed to work around the various problems I've been having with NeoDex.

Arthas will be next but as mentioned previously I will be making a Lich King verision aswell as horse verisions for all three Arthas's..s ass Arthi? Arthi, and that will take a bit aswell hah.

If there's folks out there whom would like to help with possibly rigging some of the other skins like the Rifleman and what not that'd be super helpfull, as I don't really want to use the old animations.

Level 1
Incredible work! I knew I saw your style somewhere before on Polycount, just saw the HOMEBOUND post on the forums :p Keep it up, Traggey!!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
... I fail to see where we can get our hands of them? Are they ever released somewhere? Thanks!

Shame to see this models not realised...
Guys. If you've read the thread, you'll see that he's been more than willing to release stuff, he just couldn't; having major export issues.

Hey SpasMaster and MogulKahn! I agree it is indeed a shame ^^ I'm still working on Thrall but have lately been super busy with my real job, we just launched our first VR title if that's of interest to anyone!

As of now only really the skins I've done for the texturing contests are uploaded for grabs. Thrall is very close to being done though and I think I've managed to work around the various problems I've been having with NeoDex.

Arthas will be next but as mentioned previously I will be making a Lich King verision aswell as horse verisions for all three Arthas's..s ass Arthi? Arthi, and that will take a bit aswell hah.

If there's folks out there whom would like to help with possibly rigging some of the other skins like the Rifleman and what not that'd be super helpfull, as I don't really want to use the old animations.
Way cool, man! I forget that you have a real-life job doing this same cool stuff... Tell me you textured those ruffles. xD