• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Locked mover data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Theres an annoying thing going on when I edit missle movers, where some values become unchangeable unless i reset the whole mover to parent

- overlay values usually cannot be edited to a value below the current one, eventually they become un-editable after about 800
- overlay values snap to dumb values that aren't even close to the number
- overlays cannot be removed
- secondary motion phases cannot be removed, even after setting all values to 0

this is really annoying because I'm messing around with the marauder missle to learn movers, and it's really cockblocking me at every turn

maybe you can help with these questions too:

The fields labelled "Range," what does this mean? Like if I have this:
Acceleration = 3200
Acceleration Range = 200
does this mean:
- Acceleration is a random value from 3200-3400
- Acceleration is a random value from 200-3200
- Acceleration is a random value from 3000-3400

And what distance units are used for the overlay numbers? Even with ridiculously high values (3200), a rotation overlay will on spin about 2 times on a decently-fast missle (missles speed of 20)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
- overlay values snap to dumb values that aren't even close to the number
What dumb values? I see computed restriction values due to the precision the data is stored with inside the game engine (floats of some kind) so the game does not need to be played on NASA super computers.

- overlay values usually cannot be edited to a value below the current one, eventually they become un-editable after about 800
- overlays cannot be removed
- secondary motion phases cannot be removed, even after setting all values to 0
Turn on raw data view (from the top pulldown menues). Now edit the fields to your heart's content. Additionally hold shift and select all the fields and edit them all at once.

And what distance units are used for the overlay numbers?
SC2 grid units for distances (a distance of 1 is 1 grid away like with range and just about everything even speed and acceleration). Degrees for rotation.

Level 5
So are the revolver overlay values using SC2 grid units or angular units?

Even with 3195 in all the entries, a missle will only revolve a few times during flight

Status
Not open for further replies.