• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Tight Camera Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Alright I am making a mario kart-esque game for starcraft2 and it is coming along pretty well. The karts are basically done: wasd movement is, easy and fast custimization of turn speed, acceleration and deceleration, e-brakes, nitro etc. etc.

But I have run into a wall that is really stopping all progress. Cameras. Right now I have it so the camera is sort of third person but a little farther away and looking down from a higher point then traditional 3rd person. Amyway the problem comes in when I try and update the rotation and to a lesser extent to target.

• Camera - Apply camera object Rotation (Facing of Kart[A]) for player 1 over 0.1 seconds with Existing Velocity% initial velocity and 0% deceleration
And every custimization of the values I could think of (as well as changing the interval of the update) leads to a very choppy rotation. In addition panning the camera to the unit was choppy as well but I half fixed this with having the camera follow a unitgroup>my unit but it didnt follow near fast enough.

SO I have now been editing the default camera values in the data editor and it has made the target following slightly faster but it still isn't as tight on the unit while not being choppy as I would like it to be. And I cannot seem to get unchoppy rotation for the life of me. Do any of you know of a solution to either of these problems? Or can you point me to a map that does this?

(And know the 3rd person rpg cameras all rotate far to slow / rotate in accordance to mouse)

Level 19
u can either make it so it goes as fast as possible or every 0.5sec it pans to the unit over 0.5sec or 0.3sec whatevs.

Level 10
I have tried that, it is choppy as hell when you have a semi-fast moving unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.