• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Are missles made with actor events?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want to make a visible ballistic projectile with the siegebreaker tank unit. I looked at the marauder and found how to edit projectiles, but I can't find any actor event that looks like it would create the projectile, but theres an effect on units with missles that have "Launch" suffix, so I am guessing this creates the projectile. But I don't find anywhere in the actor event window a function that uses the Launch missle effect.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Missles have physical behaviours like tracking, rotation and acceleration and are actually units. Eg you could make a shield that stops all missles from hitting you.

You can get some form of projectile just with actors (like the dimondback) but those will be limited in customizability and generally be pretty linear and unavoidable damage wise. Eg you could make a unit shoot through a unit with a shield to stop all missles hitting you.

Level 5
i found the missle unit for marauder, I just want to know HOW the marauder unit fires the missle, like if there is an actor event that creates the missle unit or what. I need to know this because I want to make the siege tanks fire projectiles instead of invisible shells

Status
Not open for further replies.