• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Legendary Forest Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Sorry guys for spamming so much but I don't think there is a way to delete my development map post and also not many are interested but I strongly believe this is a help to the community of makers.

There are things to take note in this beta version that is very different from the Alpha posted months ago.

- The random generation of the terrain much like diablo 3 is greatly changed to reduce lag.
- The new machine learning A.I that is added greatly improve gameplay.

Difficulty were adjusted and 12 players recommended.

Attachments

• Legendary Forest Beta.w3x
    120.3 KB · Views: 27
Level 15
Moving forward, I am actually quite tired of people and their expectations, therefore I am going to rely on what players think, it seems that many are unwillingly to share their views on the future of gaming and this is a complete disappointment as I am always trying to make new things happen.

From this I will assume to discontinue my efforts for reforged custom maps if there is really not going to be demands. As evidently for my Defense of Base map clearly there are interests, however it was only a test map to see how far players are willing for try for a familiar game-play.

This forest is merely going all out for originality, with not only unlimited possibilities every game and an encouragement for players to make use of saved games to continue their adventures, you players shape the world and we makers realize those ideas, if discontinue is the way I will gladly follow but please you guys do realize my potential yet there is not interest..

Level 11
You shouldn't develop a map based on if there is interest from other people or not. If you wanted to do something like that then you shouldn't be developing for Warcraft III to begin with. Though the player count should rise significantly for at least a short time when Reforged is released. Regardless, you should be developing for yourself and not someone else.

Level 11
I believe the problem might be the way you present your threads. They lack attractiveness in the manner of formatted and flavor text, screenshots, organization that allows the more intriguing information to be visible to the thread watcher more readily, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.