• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invasion of Quel'thalas [1.8]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Introduction
Welcome, people of the Hive, to my map. Resently, it was rejected. And I fully agree. In this version, it is much more balanced, there are many new units and spells, to assist the game, along with a propper map description (hopefully)

Screen Shots
I seem to have a problem where I cannot show full pictures, so I have given a link to my album where I have posted pictures.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/178969-albums2820.html

Description
In this map, there are two teams. The Scourge and the High Elves. On each team, there are three players. (Yellow was put in as npcs for the high elves)
SCOURGE
"This kingdom shall fall, and from the ashes, will arise a new order, that will shake the very foundation, of the WORLD"
~Arthas
The scourge are marching towrds Quel'thalas, in order of the Dreadlords, to bring the ashes of Kel'thuzad to the sunwell to revive him, to summon the burning legion to consume the world. Secretly, Kel'thuzad, now in specteral form, has been aiding Arthas through his travels. Now, the scourge are on the very doorstep of the High Elves' enchant home, and will destroy anything in their path to get to the sunwell.
Players:
Green (Purple Ingame)
Controls Arthas. Also has control of the exclusive unit - Deathholme shade. Has control of Deathholme itself, which is the Scourge's capital in the game.
Orange (Black Ingame)
Controls Anok'suten. Also controls the nerubian portion of the army, along with an exclusive unit - Anub'ar Crusher. Besides spellcasters, has the only ranged units for the Scourge.
Gray
Controls Kel'thuzad. Also has control of an exclusive unit - Death Knight Initiate. If Dar'khan (elven demi-hero) dies, he will become a full hero for this player.

QUEL'THALAS
"You are not welcome here, I am Sylvanas Windrunner, Ranger General of Silvermoon, I advise you to turn back, now."
~Sylvanas Windrunner

The High Elves' kingdom, Quel'thalas, has stood peacefully for centuries. With the Scourge on their doorstep, they will give every last breath to defend every inch of Quel'thalas, at any casualty.
Players:
Red (Green ingame)
Controls Anesterian, and Dar'khan as a demi-hero. Controls 3 units that the other two players do not have access to - Silvermoon Guardian, Sunfury Archer, and Highborne. Also controls Sunfury Tower AND the sunwell, two major defend points for the Elves.
Blue
Controls Manath Magesinger. Also has control of three units the other two players do not have - Mage Initiate, Battle Mage, and Sorceress. Has control of the mage quarter of Sunfury tower.
Teal
Controls Sylvanas, along with Halduron Brightwing as a demi-hero. Also has control of four units the other two players do not have - Arcane Guardian, Swordsman, Archer, and Farstrider. Has control of the farstrider quarter in Silvermoon.

Objectives
The objective of the game for the Scourge is to get to the sunwell, and use it's power to revive Kel'thuzad. But there are a few obsticals in the way. First, there is the four islands. You must get past each one, by destroying each Altar of Kings, to get past the first gate. Then, there are the rune stones. Destroy both runestones, and the Rune Gate will open. Then, you must fight your way to the Sunfury tower, destroy it. The final step is to take the boat to Quel'danas (found in the top center part of Silvermoon) and finally get to the sunwell.

The objective for the High Elves is a bit more simple - Either defend for an hour against the scourge, or counter attack and destroy Deathholme.

CREDITS
Before I give out credits, I would like to say that I did use a number of WoW exports. I guess the only thing to do for that is to give credits to Blizzard for it.

RedBaron for the Great Loading Screen,
Low_Kwaliti for the wonderful Arthas DK model,
Ayane for the Hero Glow attachment.
I would also like to thank the multitude of people who helped me carry through this project to where it is now.
*audiance applauds*
Lil_Shadow, for the help on leaks and slight terraining.
Romnas, for a great attempt at doing almost the entire terrain, but his computer friggin blew up while saving and it was all lost.

If there is something more I should add to the description, please tell me what exactly.

1.8 to 1.9
1)Fixed the bug with the enter/exit deathholme
2)Changed where Lor'theron spawns
3)Changed the underworld Catapult tooltip
4)Slightly edited terrain in the Farstrider's quarter

Keywords:
Warcraft, Invasion, of, Quel, Thalas, Invasion of Quel'thalas, Arthas, Undead, High, Elf, High Elves
Contents

Invasion of Quel'thalas [1.8] (Map)

Reviews
19:26, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 11
WoW rips are not "illegal" Blizzard needs permission before their use in these maps. Even if I didn't have permission, do you think Blizzard would care enough if one person used this in a map of a game that they don't exactly care for anymore? ( mean, they patch every now and then, and stuff) But I doubt they're going to come to my house and break down my door and arrest me.

Not in maps...

Let see...
It's counted as theft because you are using a resource made for a specific purpose in an unrelated personal project. When you use an custom model in a war 3 map, it is with the artist's permission.... when it comes to using commercial game model's in your map it's pretty obvious that if you asked Blizzard for permission you would be denied.

Level 10
Well, I tested this map and here are some of the points I'm going to tell:
- Player Light Blue's name is Black Citidal but it should be Citadel
- Why Lorthemar Theron is near the walls or Deathholme? since he is the leader of the blood elves in Silvermoon
- In the Nerubian Altar of the Damned it says Train Meat Wagon since they are Underworld Catapult.
- The Circle of Power next to the Slaughterhouse of Deathholme that teleports you inside brings you outside of Deathholme (bug or something you did)
- When getting outside of Deathholme it teleports you between the walls of Deathholme which you will be imprisoned and there is no way to get out.

Level 16
Let see...

Using WoW Models on maps are allowed, but looked down as "Taboo" on Hive.

On-Topic: I've checked it on Singleplayer to check Systems and Terrain. Please note that this comment is outdated as I tested 1.7 instead of 1.8.

-Quel'Thalas should be able to Open/Close their Gates.
-Terrain looks very small. "The Outpost" should be expanded.

That's some point. I will review it again when I have time to test the Scourge. Vote Pending.