• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Introducing: the Mystic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Ye Bursting Touch reminds me of a spell from Diablo 2 cannot remember which one. 'Believe its either a necromancer or sorc spell. Nevertheless it is great to see these classes added. I must admit I was a bit sceptical about it at first, but the classes look solid and as if they will provide a class set clearly apart from those we already have.

And these three orbs for Jolting Strikes, do they fly around character and consumed with each strike?
Yes, it's basicly a visual representation of the number of charges. Distracting weapon also has a visual representation when proccing; the axe buff effect over the head of the unit displays a red spark whenever it procs.

I thought that the visual feedback would be nice, since the class is very proc-heavy and reactive, just to have at least some neat spell sfx.

I recolored the blue abilities from the screenshots above, as I wanted to keep all the abilities in a certain reddish tone. The blue sparks are now red and the shrapnels of Bursting Touch have a red tail aswell.

I also added a new rare attack animation when using a staff, which makes her jump in the air and whirl the staff around. Pretty cool.

All the basic class abilities are done now. Starting with the advanced class skills tomorrow. I actually made heavy adjustments to the Psion abilities since the last sketch in this thread. Psionic Blade is now a debuff that basicly allows mimicing any spell in the game, except boss abilities. You basicly "charge" the blade by using the debuff on an enemy, then you can use the charged spell as often as you want (cooldown and mana cost apply to charged spells normally, so you are bound to the same restriction as everyone else).
The mechanics behind this are actually extremely complicated (as I have to prevent order strings and hotkey clashes with stolen spells), but I have found a clever way on solving that problem.

"Mind control" was also moved from the necromancer to the Psion, as I felt it matches the theme of the class better. It comes with some heavy penalties, though.

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 106

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Yes but his survivability is low. Also his group utility spells are lacking. He doesn't have a lot aoe either. In my experience his melee skeletons are disliked by people because they clutter the battlefield. Hunters and thieves both have much better mobility and they do dpsing well. Sorc is the king of aoe which is pretty great.

But this is not only about dmg values. In my opinion, the class just lacks some overall coolness/ interesting features. The skeletons are limited as they only dish out damage. Something like poison Nova from Diablo2, more curses and, most importantly, self-focused abilities would make the class more enjoyable. Just my rushed out ideas.

EDIT: How about giving him a metamorph style spell. Temporarily turning into a lich, vampire or whichever undead you prefer to increase certain strengths but also increase some vulnerabilities. I cannot be more specific due to lack of time now. But perhaps it's worth considering.

Last edited:
Level 7
Yes but his survivability is low. Also his group utility spells are lacking. He doesn't have a lot aoe either...
What do you think about this:
Cursed Ground - Necromancer curses ground in medium AoE for 20 seconds. Skeleton arms rise from ground and grab enemies, reducing Evasion by Level x 0.3 and Move speed by Level x 0.7. In addition every 2 seconds all undeads standing on the cursed ground healed for Spellpower x 0.2. Cooldown: 30 seconds. Cast: 1 second.

Some kind of utility spell, that debuffs enemies and protects minions. And tactically correct placement can help with enemy kiting.

Level 7
Oh man.

It would be so cool to have a transfigure spell that turned you into a Lich OR a Vampire, like randomly. If turned into a Lich you'd get spell casting buffs, and if turned into a Vampire you'd get auto attack/physical buffs. Lich could get frost effects on all shadow spells, along with extra water damage added to all shadow spells based on your original SP. Lich would also get a slight SP buff. Vampire could get attack speed and attack power buffs based on your intelligence for AP, and agility for Aspd. The vampire has a chance to add a bleeding effect on attack that would deal strength based damage over 5 seconds.

Perhaps reduce the lich's armor and magic resistances, while the vampire loses the ability to cast certain spells and suffers a heavy SP penalty. Perhaps vampire can only cast shadow spells.

Give the transform spell a 1 minute cooldown, and you stay transformed for 30 seconds? So you'd still be playing as a normal necromancer for a bit of encounters as well.

It'd just be neat to make the player play the character a bit differently depending on what transformation comes up.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Hmm that sounds quite nice Box. But it may be hard to balance. That is a problem for Zwieb though :).

@Alex that spell sounds VERY cool! Aoe slow is something new to Gaias and fitting for a necro. I think the slow % should be static though. The rest is fine. The healing part is awesome as hell. It will make the spell truly useful in any situation and give some interaction with the minions.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound very useful in my ears. But I might be wrong.

I like the idea of a self-transformation buff for necromancers, though. We don't have a shapeshifter in the game yet, so yeah, this might be a thing for the new abilities.
Would require some changes to the model, though.

I just started working on the Psi-blade mechanics and made some progress here. Summoning the blade works. And while the blade is a misc item, the character will actually carry it in her main hand and use it as her main weapon. The actual weapon equipped will be displayed on the back of the character, so that you still have a visual representation of your gear despite the blade being used.
Looks pretty badass imho.

Also, some new ingame footage of other Mystic abilities.

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 166

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Very, very nice Zwie!!

When you say 'doesn't sound very useful' do you mean Alex' aoe spell idea?
I can see it being very useful: D3 waves managing until tank gets aggro, brood mother spawns, Gargoyle beetles & Lord Andy zombies for kiting. And general purpose escape spell. Btw sorry for these brief sentences, but using Iphone to write here is a pain. ;-)

Level 7
Balancing is why I don't bother suggesting numbers :p. Im more interested in the concepts and such. Balancing shouldn't be too hard after an hour of testing anyway.

For the models I was thinking just the generic character models for a dreadlord and lich could work. I don't think we need all the attachments when transformed at least.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
1: Yeah I'm sorry, the concept is really first priority :).

2: My thoughts exactly, though maybe use Tichondrius model instead of standard Dreadlord.

If you (Zwieb) want graphical changes to the mage model I suppose a morphing animation should be enough. Even the simple use of special effects might do the trick though.

Level 9
I think a good thing to do if you decide to make a vampire/lich transformation would be, at least for the vampire have the necro lose its ranged attack and convert sp into some AP and haste into aspd.

Could give hp regen and maybe more haste in the lich form, if you decide to create that type of skill

Level 7
I was definitely implying the vampire would become melee based :p. Which is why I thought a more generic sort of skin for it would be nice.

The problem is that the transformation has to be baked into the character model, as I can not just use the DH metamorphosis ability for technical reasons.

It's a little bit more complicated than that, unfortunately.

But there's Matrix-eater for such modifications. It has literally been made for that purpose.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I thought about the setup of these shapeshifting modes:
Instead of giving new useable abilities, I'd suggest granting 1 significantly character changing passive for each, and also some resistances and vulnerabilities. Specific ideas below:

Making the Dreadlord into a dps with agi or AP (as Ihaz suggested) focus, melee attack and life steal passive would be nice. Also give him 20% resistance to normal attacks and shadow spells, but 20% extra dmg from light (called magic? Cant remember) spells and fire spells.

The lich gains 20% resistance to shadow and water (aka cold) spells, but also 20% vulnerability to light spells (magic). Dunno for his passive, a few different ideas are: manasteal on normal attack, extra casting speed when casting shadow and water spells, or some minion buff, perhaps a frost armor passive that also increases aggro gain (only to undead minions, not mercenary).

Before we go on with this, please keep in mind that I find using a Lich or Dreadlord shapeshifting form to be extremely out-of-place. Doesn't feal necromancer-ish to me, especially the dreadlord.

Also, why would anyone want to change into a form that offers no real benefit gameplay-wise? Necromancers are spellcasters, why would any sane person give that up for some melee auto-attacks?

If someone can come up with a set of advantages that
1) make sense
2) match the necro theme
3) aren't totally arbitrary
4) don't render all other abilities pointless
then go on... but so far, I haven't read anything that I find to be remotely interesting or worth having.

Shapeshifting forms should offer some unique gameplay element that is desirable for certain gameplay situations.

This could be:
- offering limited offtanking capability, by basicly turning the necromancer into a warrior with taunt ability to snap aggro for a limited amount of time (great as an emergency for when your real tank goes down or to tank summoned units)
- offering healing capabilities (hard to find reasons for why a Necromancer would have healing abilities, though)
- making the necromancer invulnerable (against spells?) for a limited amount of time
- supplying a collection of situational spells

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Yep you are right. The ídeas so far have been vague and meaningless in terms of actual gameplay.

I also thought about the offtank thing and I believe it is the best solution. This will also be useful when playing solo or when trying to survive when having aggro. Do you have any other ideas for a model though? I agree that dreadlord doesn't fit Gaias very well at all. Lich is alright, but not for a tank. Hmmmm...

EDIT: personally I can only come up with Ice revenant model (but that looks a lot like Andrazzar), and the Lich model =/. Maybe custom skin/model is required, dunno if you can spare the map space.

EDIT2: Also there is the acolyte.. Hmmm I will look through skins to see if I can find anything interesting. Couldn't find much:

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Like I said, I couldn't find much. The wolf was my attempt at finding a werewolf or vampire, but as you can see the results were very limiting. And that because I couldn't find many dead/human models, so I went after horror-humanoid beasts. Ugh it's hard :-/

EDIT: dunno if you need this spell sfx, but in case you do: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-50385/?prev=search=Metamorphosis&d=list&r=20

This one is kinda funny: an armored shade
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...t-192284/?prev=search=Dead&r=20&d=list&page=3

Skeleton with yellow colour:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/skeletonarcher-47378/?prev=search=Corpse&d=list&r=20

Ok I wont link more now. Dont wanna spam thread.

Last edited:
Level 7
The Lich model looks great, though. But I'm still missing a good idea that actually matters in terms of gameplay.
This could work if you add several thematical abilities to shapeshifted form.
I guess it can be done as follows:
Learned shapeshift ability acts like spellbook - you click on it and shapeshifted skills opens.
Inside this spellbook placed 4 thematical abilities, shapeshift, minion commands and cancel button.
When character is not shapeshifted, any tries to use this abilities will show error 'You must be in a Lich form to use it'.
Shapeshift works for limited time and has reasonable cooldown (need some balancing with cooldown reset talents). So player should use it wisely.
Thematical abilities could be better than normal abilities, or just provide another way to play.

Lich, for example, could be frost/shadow oriented, and use something like this:
- Mass slow ability / aura
- Frost (water) damage spell with stackable debuff
- Frost shielding spell
- Life draining spell with shadow damage
- Weakness spell / aura
- Sacrifice ability that drains own healt for big shadow damage
- and etc.

But will it worth all development time (model merge, abilities coding, fixing bugs, etc)? Who knows.

Level 9
I think a Lich form would work.

Have it take extra damage from magic spells I think would be appropriate.

Health regen based off of spellpower or intelligence that is split between the Lich and all skeletons, if any. So more skeletons present = less health regen per individual unit.

Maybe increased armor and aggro based off of intelligence or spellpower.

Mana is constantly being drained, but you get some mana steal per attack, maybe could be useful for a dagger build.

Increased shadow and water damage while in this form. Reduces magic damage.

Re-use ability to exit Lich form, or exits automatically if you fall below 25% mana.

Level 7
^ That sounds excessively tedious and attempting to create a niche where there really isn't one.

At this point I think waiting is probably the best thing. I almost just want to say scrap the entire necromancer idea and change the class to one purely based around shapeshifting. Though I realize this is unrealistic :p. The skeletons are more annoying than useful, as Jumbo pointed out (unless you're soloing, they're okay for mob farming). Right now Necromancer is played the same way as Sorcerer with the exception being you spam fireball instead of lightning charge. Hopefully this will change with the new spells in the next version though!

At any rate, if we're waiting on some sort of shapeshifting.. We still need to find a new spell for necromancers in the next version? How about a buff/debuff that if cast on an ally causes them to do bonus shadow damage (Would work for elemental spells and auto attacks) or if cast on an enemy it reduces their attack speed and spellpower by a certain amount.

Level 9
Maybe a tank skeleton that has high aggro, maybe a taunt (use skill while minion is summoned) kinda low damage and better hp, then the current skeletons that cant be used with the normal skeletons, but maybe in conjunction with the mage. It could use the orc skeleton model.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Sorry for double post but I thought about a good, much simpler approach to the shapeshifting:
Spell name: Transform Flesh
Works like the avatar spell. Transform the necro to a skeleton mage for a given amount of time. The transformation immediately reduces 30% of all current aggro, and grants the necro the 'Frightening' buff which reduces aggro gain as long as the skeleton form is up. This is due to the macabre repulsiveness of this undead form. Due to the capabilities of the magical cadaver, not restrained by human sense and emotion the skeleton form has a higher damage output of shadow spells.

I think this could work very well. It is like a 'full dps' spell. Even with aggro reduce the significant increase in shadow spell damage will keep aggro as a factor. More importantly the mana cost of the spell should be quite high, leaving careless uses of the spell not enough mana left to take full advantage. I was thinking a duration of about 20-30 seconds. Finally a long cooldown (perhaps 2 or 3 minutes). - What do you think?

Last edited:
Level 7
Necromancer really doesn't produce enough aggro for that to ever seem very useful though.

I think a buff or debuff is the best way to go about this. Thats something Sorcerers really don't have so it would go a long way in differentiating the value between the two classes. I guess a new summon could work like Ihaz suggested, I'd be concerned that a minion with taunt could be easily abused though.

The idea of having a tank minion on Necromancers isn't particulary new; it crossed my mind several times already; the reason why I'm reluctant to add it is because:

1) Just another minion... is kind of boring, right?
2) Necromancers are already pretty OP in solo play... this would make it even worse.
3) hardcoded 5 minion limit... we already have 2 (3) skeletons plus a mage and 1 mercenary. So any additional minion would need reducing the number of skeletons by one... which is better for gameplay reasons anyway (5 minions is already confusing as fuck).

So yeah, umm, I can do this, but I'd rather look for an idea that feels more unique.

EDIT:
Man, that Psionic Blade ability is really giving me headaches. Took me a whole day to get the "teaching" algorithm working. It can now detect mana cost and cooldown of the ability mimic'ed. But that's not the end of the road yet. I still have to implement the dummy-casting mechanic to get rid of order string and hotkey clashes, which will be a pain in the ass. If I happen to get this working, you guys better enjoy this class for all the work I put into it! >_>

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Box, look at the two new necro spells Dark Funnel and Vile disease. With those in the game, my above Transform Flesh (name can be changed) spell will be very useful. Tons of extra shadow damage. Also even as a last defense if for some reason the necro gets aggro, he can quickly change the situation. I think this would work very well. Currently no class has an ability like this and it can increase the dps power of a necro in boss fights where large amounts of hp has to be destroyed fast.

Level 21
I still have to implement the dummy-casting mechanic to get rid of order string and hotkey clashes, which will be a pain in the ass.

Makes me wonder why you're not doing something like this...
JASS:
    private function in takes nothing returns nothing
        local integer abil = Ability_Register()
        local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
        call TriggerAddCondition(t,function act)
        call Ability_SetHandler(abil,t)
        call Ability_SetName(abil,"Unholy Vigor")
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV1')
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV2')
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV3')
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV4')
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV5')
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV6')
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV7')
        set Unholy_Vigor = abil
    endfunction

Makes me wonder why you're not doing something like this...
JASS:
    private function in takes nothing returns nothing
        local integer abil = Ability_Register()
        local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
        call TriggerAddCondition(t,function act)
        call Ability_SetHandler(abil,t)
        call Ability_SetName(abil,"Unholy Vigor")
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV1')
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV2')
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV3')
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV4')
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV5')
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV6')
        call Ability_AddObject(abil,'AUV7')
        set Unholy_Vigor = abil
    endfunction
Because that would pointlessly spam hundreds of abilities. It's been discussed before with customizable hotkeys; it's just not feasable in Gaias:

7*6 base class abilities + 7*12 advanced abilites * 9 possible hotkeys (if we limit it to QWER+ASDF+V choices) = 1134 abilities, not including all the NPC-only spells you could capture with the Psi-Blade.

And even if I create only a single duplicate each with a static unused orderstring and hotkey, there are several abilities that are not based on channel for technical reasons (all abilities that don't interrupt orders, like Feline Reflexes) that I could not duplicate.

The approach I'm currently doing avoids all this, albeit a bit cumbersome to implement:
I basicly have a dummy ability for triggering the captured spell with a static orderstring and hotkey with multiple ability levels to dynamically adjust mana cost and cooldown at runtime.
When using the dummy ability, it
- temporarily adds the captured ability
- hides all other abilities so they don't interfere if they have the same orderstring
- triggers the added ability
- unhides all normal abilities again
- hides the triggered ability
- waits until the EndCast event
- removes the triggered hidden ability
- adjusts the level of the dummy ability with a matching cooldown
- triggers the dummy ability to start the cooldown
- adjusts the level of the dummy ability to the correct mana cost and target type when the cooldown ends

Wow, now that I read that again, this sounds like an unneccesary complicated workaround just for avoiding some spell registry and ability duplicates...

Maybe you're right and I'll just have a duplicate of each ability. My approach sounds completely overkill.

Level 21
Because that would pointlessly spam hundreds of abilities. It's been discussed before with customizable hotkeys; it's just not feasable in Gaias:

7*6 base class abilities + 7*12 advanced abilites * 9 possible hotkeys (if we limit it to QWER+ASDF+V choices) = 1134 abilities, not including all the NPC-only spells you could capture with the Psi-Blade.

And even if I create only a single duplicate each with a static unused orderstring and hotkey, there are several abilities that are not based on channel for technical reasons (all abilities that don't interrupt orders, like Feline Reflexes) that I could not duplicate.

The approach I'm currently doing avoids all this, albeit a bit cumbersome to implement:
I basicly have a dummy ability for triggering the captured spell with a static orderstring and hotkey with multiple ability levels to dynamically adjust mana cost and cooldown at runtime.
When using the dummy ability, it
- temporarily adds the captured ability
- hides all other abilities so they don't interfere if they have the same orderstring
- triggers the added ability
- unhides all normal abilities again
- hides the triggered ability
- waits until the EndCast event
- removes the triggered hidden ability
- adjusts the level of the dummy ability with a matching cooldown
- triggers the dummy ability to start the cooldown
- adjusts the level of the dummy ability to the correct mana cost and target type when the cooldown ends

Wow, now that I read that again, this sounds like an unneccesary complicated workaround just for avoiding some spell registry and ability duplicates...

I don't have 7 versions of every ability. The approach that I use allows me to set any amount of OE abilities for a single functional ability.

Hm, so basically you use a single dummy ability for the mana costs and cooldowns of every single ability? (Why do you need to handle mana cost in object editor then?)
How do you trigger the added ability and what is it based on?
Atm your explanation was quite hard to follow, although I fail to imagine why you'd need it to be so complicated.

I don't have 7 versions of every ability. The approach that I use allows me to set any amount of OE abilities for a single functional ability.

Hm, so basically you use a single dummy ability for the mana costs and cooldowns of every single ability? (Why do you need to handle mana cost in object editor then?)
How do you trigger the added ability and what is it based on?
Atm your explanation was quite hard to follow, although I fail to imagine why you'd need it to be so complicated.
It's basicly to avoid object editor duplicates, since order strings and hotkeys can not be assigned dynamically.

The idea I had was not actually "displaying" the stolen ability, but having a simple target/cooldown/manacost dummy and then triggering the real ability in the background when using the dummy. That way I can avoid having duplicates for changed order strings and hotkeys.

But the way I see it now, this approach is just way too complicated to avoid the OE-duplicates, especially as OE-duplicates offer some extra advantages like being able to display the ability tooltip.

I don't understand how having such a dummy for anything except cooldowns is helpful really. Effectively you do create object editor dummies by this method already.
Nah, you just create one dummy with multiple levels to select mana cost and cooldowns.

... now that I think about it:
You can define mana cost, target types, durations and tooltips on a "per level" basis on the channel ability, which opens up another possibility:
Instead of duplicating every ability, just duplicate the data entries on a multi-level channel ability:

level 1 is Fireball, level 2 is Hateful Strike, level 3 is taunt, etc.

The only thing you can not change on a per-level-base is icon, order string and hotkey. Which is not a problem, as the goal is to have a static order string and hotkey anyway. I can get away with not having the correct icon, because it's basicly the blade casting a spell, so having an icon representing the blade would feel natural.

Actually, this gets rid of the OE duplicates and avoids the problem of having a complicated dummy mechanism running in the background.
I can just add the level of the corresponding Psiblade ability to the spell registry.

Now I wish LUA could actually *read* data entries in objects, not just write them. Could be completely automated then; looks like some manial labor is involved in this after all.

Level 21
I go by the assumption that the icon of an ability has to be modifiable. If you get rid of that assumption, you can just as well just make one channel-based ability per slot that handles nearly every ability. However, I wouldn't do it like that.
I have made a map where initially no abilities had a unique icon. It was surprisingly hard to navigate the abilities.

I go by the assumption that the icon of an ability has to be modifiable. If you get rid of that assumption, you can just as well just make one channel-based ability per slot that handles nearly every ability. However, I wouldn't do it like that.
Well, obviously, standard abilities need different icons.
But for the stolen spell of the Psi-blade, I think it isn't really neccesary, as there's a valid excuse for not having the ability icon.

If I go a little bit further, I can actually change the tooltip here to something like this:

Psionic Blade: Fireball (R)

< Tooltip of fireball >

Too bad dynamic OE data fields (like <A000:anam> can not reference custom abilities... would be a huge worksaver in this case. Now I have to manually copy & paste all OE fields for every single ability. Geez.

Sometimes I think I should make my object generation script leave behind a database in the map script. It would help with cases like this.
I actually did this when generating all the 250 talent dummies and multi-level passives for the talent system.

Auto-generated all the OE data via a Lua script, then at the same time made it print an array of global variables that hold all the OE data fields to have all the data fields readable at runtime.
When I want to change a tooltip or data field of a single talent, I just type in the new value in the array and run the LUA script again.

But this approach only saves manual labor for LUA-generated abilities. Everything you add or edit manually must be copy & pasted by hand.

Example:

//! i CreateUnit(rawcode, baseraw, level, armor, dices, dmg, abilities, ...)
and then the script automaticly stores all this data in a global array in readable format aswell. I mean; it's perfectly possible and I did that already for talents, but sometimes, GUI is just more convenient, especially when it comes to selecting icons and models.

... if I'd ever make a new map, I'd probably apply that approach to everything. But for Gaias, applying such a thing retroactively creates more work than it saves.

Last edited:
Level 21
Well, I have made myself a script that imports object data that's defined in my own format. Of special note is the capability to use lua code as field values(for formulas, mainly).
So far I don't know of any thing that I absolutely have to do in OE other than looking up field names.

Level 1
so I finally got to lvl 40 (by myself!) and im very impressed, but I noticed that where it stop, did u need help with the map? I would love to be part and help you

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I don't think this is the right thread. This is a discussion about a new class and the results of it.

Anyway, lvl 50 is achieveable in the current content, so don't really know what you mean with max being lvl 40. :) You should make a new thread and we will help you.

Level 1
I never said it was max level, I just said I got to 40 lol, I was trying to fine the city with the Old One Dwarf king, and I went to single player and did a map cheat to see where I was supposed to go, and found out I had done basically everything, this is the really the only post people are still talking in, so that's why I did it

Level 9
Necromancer suggestion:

Shadow Pact: Create a charge of shadow pact that increases shadow damage by (spellpowerX.03) per charge. Charges are consumed when a minion dies, reviving the minion as if it was just summoned. Or a charge is consumed to bring the Skeleton Mage's mana back to full when it drops below 5% mana. Maximum of 5 charges. Can only be used inside combat. All charges are lost outside of combat.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Wow that is a great idea Ihaz. Maybe the skeleton transformation can be the graphical side of it. It also makes sense given the 'pact' part of the spell's name :). Finally it will look cool.

Skeleton transform or not, it is s great spell gameplay wise and fits with the already made berserk rage and upcoming battle rhythm.

Level 8
That is actually so good. Necromancer really needs more abilities/talents that is based around buffs and debuffs that affect his minions (not so much for teammates, that would overlap the bard class). It just feels so off in terms of lore that his main damage comes the main hero rather than his summons - if you're so strong, why bother summoning all that crap?

Level 9
I think maybe a shadow aura (black and purple) or particle effect on the Necromancer would be a good visual that starts off kind of transparent like and gets more bold the more stacks you have. I think the mana cost should be like 7-13 because reasons

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.