1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've created a new forum: Overwatch! Discuss gameplay strategies, team composition, lootboxes and much more!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The awesome entries of Mini-Mapping Contest #13 - Ghastly Realm are finished! Vote for your favorite here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Last squad standing! The results for Modeling Contest - Squad are out. Congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results for the 4-way challenge is up! Congratulate the winner and take pity on the losers here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing Streams

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Ah, I'm cheating. This is an add-on we paid for. That's what the news say :). Anyway, yeah. I make a few changes every day to improve things.
    I think that should be possible.

Not so far.
    Isn't that a setting you have for Twitch?

2. Gismo359

Gismo359
    I mean the chat window dissappears completely but the empty space stays there, even when you change the size of the stream (side-by-side, small etc). Dunno, never had it happen before

3. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Administrator

This thread just got Rao'd.

4. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0
    *mouse drop*

I'm a little ambivalent about streaming, but I think it's good to 'hook into' the currently-active Wc3-streaming community in order to keep things going.

A part of me gets excited about streaming my Wc3 modding... Then a bigger part of me realizes that no one wants to watch a dude copy/paste back-and-forth, filling data fields lol.

5. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

You'd be surprised. If nobody's watching, what's the harm of streaming it? Also, if anyone is watching, that's pretty cool.

6. jondrean

jondrean
    It could be motivating to see a person having ur stream open muted @144p.

If you have the tools to stream and your connection is good enough, you could try streaming one session.

7. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0
    Hm. :<

8. RedCrusader

RedCrusader
    Let's see where this leads to.

9. Ash

Ash

Administrator

I watched some Back2Warcraft while I was at work, earlier. It was awesome :D

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz
    I want that kind of work too where you do what you want to.

11. Ash

Ash

Administrator

We even got a shoutout from the caster, he seems like a really cool guy.

It's not as laid back as that sounds! I can play music and have tabs open in the background, sure, but there's a lot of work to do as well...

12. Linaze

Linaze
    Cool! Next please make facebook icon blue.

13. A Void

A Void

Map Reviewer

Why is there a Battlerite game in Streams? How is that game related?

14. Ash

Ash

Administrator

I think it's a place for Hive streamers, not necessarily Warcraft 3. I don't know, though ^^

15. RedCrusader

RedCrusader
    So...
    Everyone could stream whatever he wants here?
    It doesn't matter whether or not it is related to a Blizzard game?
    I could stream XCOM, a game with no connection to any Blizzard
    game on Hive, if I wanted?

That's ludicrous.

16. Chaosy

Chaosy
    I saw a LoL stream the other day which was a bit of a surprise ;P

17. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Every single streamer here streams WC3 or SC2 as one of their main games. However, we will not restrict anyone to only streaming WC3 / SC2. It's just too controlling and that's not what we want. To regulate these things is not worth the work anyway. Plus, we allow other games to be discussed on the site. We have a LoL, WoW, DOTA2, Diablo, HotS and Hearthstone forum. We also have the gamer's hub / general gaming that allows anyone to chat about any other game. Why assume to restrict something that was never restricted?

For example, Pohx streams WC3 all day on Fridays, but only for less than an hour on a weekday because Battlerite takes up his time (also, Pohx's connection to Hive is that he used the site to be a Gaias beta tester back then). Another one of our streamers splits time with WC3 castle fight and League of Legends. @pOke was streaming DOTA2 and WC3. There are more that do this, and we won't stop them because it's not worth it to force people to stream a specific game all the time.

Just get in the mind of a streamer and find out that people want to explore new games, are attached to other games other than WC3, and such. Hopefully that clears things up.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  18. RedCrusader

RedCrusader
    Still makes not that much sense to me.

I'm not complaining, I'm rather suprised that the site that was
    unable to even consider an Overwatch sub-forum - a game made
    by Blizzard - would allow games from other companies with little
    to no connection to WarCraft/StarCraft to be streamed.

19. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Glad that you're not complaining :)

There was an Overwatch thread in Site Discussion, but it didn't get much support. Probably due of the FPS genre not being all that attractive to old school Hivers / Blizzard fans here.

I don't know how to rephrase it to make it more understandable. We've always allowed discussion, videos to be posted, and news of other games. People talk about them in General Gaming, and there are age old social groups dedicated to other games like Minecraft, Call of Duty, Terraria, and more. It's not like non-Blizzard content is harming anybody or the site. It would be detrimental and extra work if we were to spring a wall up against our WC3 / SC2 streamers that also stream non-Blizzard games (which could be around half of them).

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  20. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good
    What is Battlerite? The stream filter seems to be picking them up as a game to list.