• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Icon Contest #11 ~ A Hero's Skillset ~ The Poll

Which icon set do you find to be matching with the designated hero?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

160036-albums4747-picture65011.png

Pick a hero from an older Hero Contest and create their ability icons (sub-abilities not included)

160036-albums4747-picture59728.png

Placed in order of appearance

Note: 2 contestants were not included in the poll for the following reasons:

• Hemske has not uploaded the required *.blp files. However, his original entry can be found here. This is indeed unfortunate, but he has marked a 10-day inactivity, which disallows me to prolong the poll's creation.
    160036-albums4747-picture66974.png
  • KaplanHorus has not created the fourth icon required and then voluntarily withdrew from the contest.

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you disqualified, banned from future contests and neg-repped, depending on the severity of your case. This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you.

Additionally, voting for your self is not encouraged, because the vote will not be counted anyway.

Entries that are valid on the poll doesn't equal immunity; either cheating the poll or being evaluated by the judge that your entry is violating the rules of the contest or the site's in general, automatically puts your entry at risk.

Markos_DAB and kola both made some nice icons, and their sets of icons do indeed fit a theme, however I believe Markos_DAB's entry is a lot more fitting specifically to his hero.

kola's Lightning Vortex icon and Thunderous Apocalypse icons are definitely the sexiest entries.

As for PeeKay, he probably could have been either best, or near tied with the best, if he hadn't lost his edge with his new method that makes all of his icons look grainy, I'm kind of sad about that.

Still, all three of the contestants are great icon makers.

Markos_DAB and kola both made some nice icons, and their sets of icons do indeed fit a theme, however I believe Markos_DAB's entry is a lot more fitting specifically to his hero.

kola's Lightning Vortex icon and Thunderous Apocalypse icons are definitely the sexiest entries.

As for PeeKay, he probably could have been either best, or near tied with the best, if he hadn't lost his edge with his new method that makes all of his icons look grainy, I'm kind of sad about that.

Still, all three of the contestants are great icon makers.

The Kola's entry seems more clean and colorful than others (I think). But his entry is the most generic. And that can cost him many points

Creativity: 20%
How original and unique is the icon? This can be estimated with the conceptual approach, the colors' combination, the technique, etc.
Theme: 20%
Was the concept tied to the represented ability or was it too generic?
Also, maybe some points in Technique.

Level 31
The Kola's entry seems more clean and colorful than others (I think). But his entry is the most generic. And that can cost him many points

Creativity: 20%
How original and unique is the icon? This can be estimated with the conceptual approach, the colors' combination, the technique, etc.
Theme: 20%
Was the concept tied to the represented ability or was it too generic?
Also, maybe some points in Technique.

Originality doesnt mean it needs to show the hero in your icons :/ and we might want to let the judges compare our icons?

Sadly, but i really see that in that contest my skill give a fault, other skillsets are really better. So, my compliments to kola and Marcos, this round is after you both :D

Waiting for next contest. :p

Calm down, the public poll is only 25% of the final score. =O

Their icons are very good, they are just a bit pixelated comparing them with your previous works.

But still pretty good and represent the skills well.

Level 49
In the meantime, want to play Tic-tac-toe?

_ | _ | O
_ | _ | _
_ | _ | _

If you know, this game from this position has no win for me, so, the only way to make it drag - put in the middle, and no one win, otherwise you are the winned if i put on the side. :)
Well, if you play randomly, i have chances to win from the middle, but something tells me that i won't. :)

So,
_|_|O
_|X|_
_|_|_

If you know, this game from this position has no win for me, so, the only way to make it drag - put in the middle, and no one win, otherwise you are the winned if i put on the side. :)
Well, if you play randomly, i have chances to win from the middle, but something tells me that i won't. :)

So,
_|_|O
_|X|_
_|_|_
Random start from me, really. As with Chess, I don't plan first moves here, either. x)

_ | _ | O
_ | X | O
_ | _ | _

Status
Not open for further replies.