• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How long will Warcraft 3 last?

How long do you think Warcraft 3 will last?

• Forever and ever to the everlasting ever!

Votes: 97 40.9%
  • Maybe 5-15 more years

Votes: 73 30.8%
  • Only a few more years.

Votes: 52 21.9%
  • Until the day after tomorrow.

Votes: 15 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Unless Blizzard comes with a brand new expansion or decide to make Warcraft IV i doubt that there is going to be a increased population on Warcraft III :p
If Warcraft IV is going to come out I wonder if there is going to be a increased population on Warcraft III probably more of a decrease I would say because the new game is going to be better and people will throw aside the old one.

Level 14
No there'll be an increase because people will want to go back and play Warcraft III to get it fresh in there minds and re-experience it before Warcraft IV comes out.

Yeah but than when Warcraft IV finally hits (big IF though) than Warcraft III would be dead as ever.

Level 14
Yeah but than when Warcraft IV finally hits (big IF though) than Warcraft III would be dead as ever.

maybe.. since when Sc2 came out,i had to look for someplace to buy/download Sc1
Maybe the same will happen if Wc4 comes,maybe i'll get to play Wc3 More

Level 7
WC3 is already begining to die out, you can sesne it on all three main servers, longer waits for melee games, hundreds of bots creating games that never start because they can't get enough players and alot less people in chat.

As great as WC3 is or was, your delued to think it will last afew years longer. Blizzard will keep the servers up, they still ahve the servers for Diablo 1 but no one will be online.

Level 14
B.net isn't the only surer and B.net has 4 servers.
There is ALOT more players on Garena and Garena isn't just for Dota either.

LOL,at my country... the only thing you will be only seeing on the list is
DOTA
DOTA
DOTA
Only 1 out of 100 maps are different than dota

Level 11
LOL,at my country... the only thing you will be only seeing on the list is
DOTA
DOTA
DOTA
Only 1 out of 100 maps are different than dota

You are talking about garena?hmm, maybe you don't have RPG rooms, because there are rooms specially for DOTA and rooms for other maps...

But if there are DOTA maps in non DOTA rooms, i think an admin should be notified, if there are any....

Level 2
Hello,

I personally tried Garena, too, and found it disappointing to have mostly DotA & DotA only available.

Oh how I miss Island Defense so much...

Then don't join the 'Dota' rooms and join the right rpg rooms.
In some countries servers there are also rooms that are named differently than just RPG rooms and Dota rooms because they have ALOT more players from different countries other than mine to have somewhat more description of what you are going to see hosted although something else unrelated is always hosted :/.
It sucks as playing with people further than my country is enough as my internet conection already sucks.

Also the reason why Dota is sometimes hosted in the RPG rooms is because those Dotas are not official Like Dota OMG or Dota WTF (if there are such maps) and only official Dota is allowed in Dota rooms.

Level 9
Indeed.... some will remain to the game like it happened to AoE 2... but referring to DotA... yes, DeathChef, your theory is correct... most who host DotA on RPG Rooms do not host the official version but some un-official versions or sometimes even fun-made versions.

I am pretty sure that little care about the chat room even if there are 10x more people playing Wc3 on B.net.
You see, they would rather not waste time with randoms with random opinions and just play and they they would probably be people that leave there computer on 24/7 that automatically o into chat after a match(well most I presume), If not they might be waiting for another one of there friends to debate over what map they would play.

Level 11
In my opinion... Blizzard is like the Disney of games...It has an epic start, a huge ascension, but all of a sudden, it has to ruin itself...

Maybe they will make a warcraft 4, who knows...but don't expect it will be as epic as the third installment, maybe that's also a fact of Warcraft 3's popularity fall as maybe if Blizzard wouldn't become like this, maybe they would have continued supporting warcraft 3 like they did before

Level 9
^ Just to understand... when you say "(And ignore the WoW storyline)" you refer to... making a Warcraft IV ignoring the storyline from WoW, or based on that storyline?

In my opinion it would be way better if they would use some of the WoW storyline but keep most of the events in the game based on the Warcraft III storyline.

Level 15
People kept saying 'Warcraft 3 is dying' while people kept on modding stuffs for the game itself. We should be an honor that we have this chance to keep WC 3 alive for the next passing years, rather saying 'I would stop modding because WC 3 is dying', why not be more optimistic and try to mod for the entire community, a map could get 450+ download in a few hours and would continue to increase by then, is that what you call a dying game?

Games like SC 1, Counter Strike, WC 3, and etc. are ancient classics, they can't die!

Level 9
People... as Ken-E said... this is an ancient classic... it will not die... at least not as long as there are modders and players like us who keep it alive.
To add to Ken-E's list... take the game Freelancer... it's about 10 years old or so... (like W3) and yet the community of players and developers is huge... at least where i play it... the server is always almost full or full.

Another good comparison i think is... the Egyptian empire... come on... they have been lasting for the past 2000 years or more... and they are fine... of course... i heard some things about problems around there but every country has problems... that's another subject. What i want to say is that we can consider Warcraft III some sort of country... the players are the usual citizens and the modders are those who build more in all perspectives so that the country expands. Yes... we are fewer than some time ago... but we still are.

Level 14
Ehhh, no the Egypt of today is obviously not the same Egypt from millennia ago. A lot of changes happened, both culturally, demographically, and such.

Also it cannot be called an Empire these days.

Yes... that is true,of course... there are always thousands of changes everyday in the modern society

offtopic:
Carrots these days sure do taste like carrots

Level 19
Warcraft III will never die, even right now (2011) there are thousands or even at least a million in different servers playing Warcraft III, both DotA and other maps, so yeah.

And Blizzard did hint on a Warcraft RTS in the future, with the same development team as Warcraft III (That elite development team is developing Titan at the moment, so their recent games might not have the same standard), and I have utmost confidence that Blizzard would make yet another awesome game:)

Starcraft II and Warcraft III both have their own editors, with many players and modders on daily, so I bet they will last practically a lifetime!

Level 7
Another good comparison i think is... the Egyptian empire... come on... they have been lasting for the past 2000 years or more... and they are fine... of course... i heard some things about problems around there but every country has problems... .

lol the ancient Egyptian empire was a major world power at its height over 2000 years ago, now it dosnt even have a stable governemt, no proper democracy and ranks 26th in terms of world GDP. Modern Egypt is a shadow of what it used to be. Baaad example...

Level 9
Off-Topic: I do not hate ponies or anything... it's just that i am not a fan. But when you merged that little video-clip with a message about W3 i thought it was really interesting because i see they can be "bound" to other things rather than just other ponies.

On-Topic:
**Arrow hits a tree and a letter falls from the arrow's tail**
**On letter it says**
"Azeroth shall never know an end"

Get my point?

Status
Not open for further replies.