• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can i make a unit use mana to build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
actually thats not a bad idea. I believe if u use Tonex's suggestion u can trigger the building progress. Basically use the group i have set. Change the loop trigger to set build progress of the unit to build progress + 1. Remember it runs every .5 seconds so u can get what u want. then u just check the building build progress and if thats at max or unit mana is 0 then order the unit to stop and that should work.

Level 8
Hmm I guess you could could have it insta complete the building and set the life down to 5% and then use the heal, but that would make the building in flames, so I guess that's not really viable either.

Level 21
healing a building under construction is possible. that is the part of the suggestion that actually worked. building construction however cant be triggered because of what might be a bug in the editor. the map is old so even if blizzard fixed it the map wont support it.
the map is from 2007 so anything that worked then should still work.

Level 21
healing a building under construction is possible. that is the part of the suggestion that actually worked. building construction however cant be triggered because of what might be a bug in the editor. the map is old so even if blizzard fixed it the map wont support it.
the map is from 2007 so anything that worked then should still work.

Building construction can be triggered, but note that completion requires setting the build progress to 101%, not 100.

Level 21
in modern versions of the editor it most likely can but my map was made in an older version that still had bugs. it had a restriction of trees for example and that still applies to the map. the default values for improved lumber gathering is still set to 5 in the map. i tried to trigger building construction in another map from that time and that didnt do anything. therefore, any bugs that were present at that time might still be present in the map. anything that was bugged back then is still bugged in that map. blizzard havent released any map updateers as far as i can tell.

Level 21
the game is fully updated but updating the game and the editor doesnt update the custom maps. as a result, all object settings is the same as when the map was made. (at least some.) the restriction on the number of trees is also set to what it was back in 2007.(which is why there is so few trees on the map. i cant place any more.) as for a solution to the problem, perhaps some jass code could help.(not vjass)

Level 21
the game is fully updated but updating the game and the editor doesnt update the custom maps. as a result, all object settings is the same as when the map was made. (at least some.) the restriction on the number of trees is also set to what it was back in 2007.(which is why there is so few trees on the map. i cant place any more.) as for a solution to the problem, perhaps some jass code could help.(not vjass)

*Cough* Dataset *Cough*

You probably haven't told it to use the latest dataset.

Status
Not open for further replies.