• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] is there any way to create a build system based on crafting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
how can i make items stackable?
Give the item charges. Use the following action to set the number of charges. You may also have to set the item's classification to "Charged" in the object editor (Items - Stats - Classification).
  • Item - Set charges remaining in your_item to x
You can change the number of charges of a stackable item when that item type is acquired, removing the item they actually acquired from the game.

Level 11
Ok andreas. We all know you refuse to read tutorials, so to sum everything up:

A good place to start is the mini tower item for your completed combinations that you will use to create the structures.

For the actual item stacking, you probably want two items, one that the player picks up (Probably a Powerup) and one that will stay in your inventory. When the Unit picks Up Item A, you give the unit Item B, or add a charge to Item B.
For Example, Both Item A and Item B are Sticks. The 'Item A' Stick is what you pick up and then you add charges to your 'Item B' Sticks, contained in the inventory.

To combine items, create an ability then make a trigger that checks for charges and items type and then remove charges/items based on your requirements then give the hero the structure item.

Level 21
i have a learning disability that cause me to quickly get tired when i learn stuff. after watching 9 circus shows in 3 days i am more tired than usual. there is an ability for build tiny farm and i can use that on a unit then remove it once used. my current trigger uses the activation of 1 item to activate another an teach the unit an ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.