• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How active is WCIII?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So it's been some time since I've last touched this game but after just sitting for a bit I kinda had the nostalgic and had some desire to play/mod in this game again. My question is; Is it active enough to where it would be worth to try and do stuff on here? Or would it even be good to introduce the game to friends for small party games?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Very easy to mod and execute your ideas thanks to myriad of assets and simple editor while the engine is outdated and community small. Don't commit to it too much, i.e. if your ambitious mind seeks for huge success you need to find more capable, commerciable engine.

What comes to playing, I enjoy WC3 customs as well as melee. I'd say it is worth it if you can bear the ugly graphics.

Level 32
Yeah, definitely active enough. Blizzard obviously plans to continue the lifespan of the game with the recent updates (which have had its issues, but we're now getting to new content). I'd say the community is also supportive enough, though there are a lot of modding projects so it's hard to get other's attention unless your mod is pretty appealing. Though, modding is mostly for yourself and friends to enjoy, so no matter what, if this is what you love, you'll enjoy it :)

Level 2
I feel like within the last year the community has become more active, which is exciting to me. It's definitely worth playing, but as you're getting started again, inviting your friends for small party games until you get situated into some sort of community

Level 30
Hadn't played warcraft 3 in years until I stumbled into a lan party with some vague friends and every computer in the house had wc3 installed.
Also it's not that I got bored of wc3, but more like bored of games in general. Play a 10 man lan game of Utherparty and you'll know wc3 is here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.