• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Could there be a way to "bring back" WCIII?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys, first off I just want to say I've been playing WCIII for almost half my life (17 now, was 9).

I want to know if you guys think there's a way to get more players to come back to WCIII? When I log on, all I see is just hordes of bot-hosted games... that are usually empty when I join. I can get in some Civilization War games in, but not much else.

Is the game too old? What if Blizzard made it a free game...?
I just kinda wish more people would play, it's such a great game D:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Go to random channels, advertise your upcoming clan, tell them to join a random channel and have a clan that plays a shitloads of games :thumbs_up:
...Kinda stupid idea, since people are mostly afk on random channels.

Edit: That wouldn't make people join, I kinda misunderstood that. Still would be nice if someone would make a clan that plays like The Hive Workshop's newest maps.

Level 22
Lolz Die Hard fanboyz ... No there is no way to bring people back, and nor there is a reason. People like to move to newer games eventually even if they played games they never wanted to change like friend that intended to stay war3 like ever and switched only several months after me, or those who would never change Broodwar... all with common sense did a switch to newer game...

Garena, it's full of players still. Who ever uses this shit like bnet anymore.

Level 3
No, stop asking that, it's like the 9th thread about this.

It was mega cool but now it's no more, and i'm (and many) are bored stiff to see the same damned things all over again.

The same footman, the same barracks, the same HUD, the same icons, christ, it's like listening to the same song for 10 years!

I don't care a damn about graphics, but this is not the point, the point is that even the most perfect model bores you when you see it for 10 years.

And don't tell me Garena is the same thing, because it's not.
It's like playing live for 10 die hard fans instead of 1000 random people.

Level 28
listening to the same song for 10 years!

I'm offended, I'm listening to Eminem since 2003, and I listen to his old songs since its better,

The same footman, the same barracks, the same HUD, the same icons,

That is why we have a modding community, for us to make newer models/icons/skins/spells etc.

Its hard to bring back the life to war3, but its possible, remember that there is nothing impossible, unless if all people think its impossible.

Level 3
It's not about how old the song is, is about that fact you always listen to the same one (wc3).

I listen to Deep Purple's "Burn" album from 1974, but i hardly listen to the SONG "Burn" 4 times a day, i switch from a song to another, i change albums etc...

About the modding, yes it's true, but:

1- many models use the same textures (same feeling);
2- doing a completely new map (HUD, custom textures, everything) takes a shitload of space, and basically no one plays that because it takes too long to download.

If it doesn't exceeed the 8MB limit, wich is possible for a total remake.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It's not about how old the song is, is about that fact you always listen to the same one (wc3).

I listen to Deep Purple's "Burn" album from 1974, but i hardly listen to the SONG "Burn" 4 times a day, i switch from a song to another, i change albums etc...

About the modding, yes it's true, but:

2- doing a completely new map (HUD, custom textures, everything) takes a shitload of space, and basically no one plays that because it takes too long to download.

If it doesn't exceeed the 8MB limit, wich is possible for a total remake.

Hey nice that you listen to Deep Purple's "Burn". Otherwise, that's horrible explaining.

Level 28

I'm listening to My Name is by Eminem since 2003 and its a 1990+ song and I still keep listening to it and his other song like The Way I am Till I collapse and many of his old albums from 2003 till now.

You don't explore a lot on war3 modding, check my map on my resource and my map project and let see if its looks similar to you.

Yet another wrong statement, there are many map project that being develop this days that have huge filesize. Kobas' SotP got 20MB and its release and still going strong, mine got 40mb and its development is going strong, Dualism have 80mb and its almost done and its a god damn hot project. Requiem is a 133mb and its a god damn hot project also, and all of them got lots of followers. So I see all your statement as invalid. Explore more before giving a statement.

Level 1
ive managed to covice atleast 12 people to play wc3 just by showing them how asome and easy the editor is people like control but they like simplicity too.

Status
Not open for further replies.