• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Passive Transformation Bugs(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello all,

I was using the hero passive transformation, and I noticed that the new hero type does not have any hero abilities from the new unit type.

Additionally, the new unit type retains the stats gain per level and primary attribute of the old unit type. Are these things supposed to happen with this technique? If not, what could I be doing wrong?

The only thing I am doing differently as far I am aware of is that I am using

JASS:
call ShowUnit(u, false)
call UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Aloc')
call ShowUnit(u, true)

Right after transforming the unit.

Level 11
Thanks for the reply.

After trying without locust, the problem still persist, which seems to tell me this is a feature of the hero passive transformation. I did a workaround by morphing from the hero unit type using chaos then morphing back into the heroes using bear form, which seems to work.

The Abilities and stats are that of the heroes instead of being 0 and having no abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.