• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero Contest #2 - HQ Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Lol I cant figure out how to make this unit do his animation.

What is wrong with this

• Execute
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Execute
    • Actions
      • Set Execute_Caster = (Casting unit)
      • Set Execute_Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set Execute_CasterPos = (Position of Execute_Caster)
      • Set Execute_TargetPos = (Position of Execute_Target)
      • Set Execute_TargetPosTotal = (Execute_TargetPos offset by 60.00 towards (Facing of Execute_Caster) degrees)
      • Set Execute_Reaper = ((Real((Level of The Reaper for Execute_Caster))) x 15.00)
      • Set Execute_Damage = (((Real((Level of Execute for Execute_Caster))) x 60.00) + 100.00)
      • Set Execute_Owner = (Owner of Execute_Caster)
      • Unit - Make Execute_Caster Invulnerable
      • Unit - Create 1 Execute Darkness Dummy for Execute_Owner at Execute_CasterPos facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Change ownership of Execute_Caster to Neutral Passive and Retain color
      • Unit - Move Execute_Caster instantly to Execute_TargetPosTotal, facing (Position of Execute_Target)
      • Unit - Make Execute_Caster face Execute_Target over 0.00 seconds
      • Animation - Play Execute_Caster's Attack Slam animation
      • Wait 0.70 seconds
      • Unit - Set life of Execute_Target to ((Life of Execute_Target) - Execute_Damage)
      • Wait 0.70 seconds
      • Unit - Move Execute_Caster instantly to Execute_CasterPos
      • Unit - Change ownership of Execute_Caster to Execute_Owner and Retain color
      • Unit - Make Execute_Caster Vulnerable
      • Selection - Select Execute_Caster for Execute_Owner
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Execute_Target is alive) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (Integer(Execute_Reaper))
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Move Execute_Caster instantly to Execute_TargetPosTotal, facing (Position of Execute_Target)
              • Unit - Create 1 Execute Darkness Dummy for Execute_Owner at Execute_CasterPos facing Default building facing degrees
              • Wait 0.70 seconds
              • Unit - Set life of Execute_Target to ((Life of Execute_Target) - Execute_Damage)
              • Wait 0.70 seconds
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Executed! at Execute_TargetPosTotal with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds

except that it has alot of leaks, the problem is that he doesnt do his animation.

...Try putting the Play Animation order at the top of the list?

Metamorphosis based skill and Spell Book passive?

Burrow and first, the NEW Orb of Lightning ability, and then the Orb of Darkness ability. I wanted to give the hero an ability that slows and damages a specific target, when the icon didn't show up and the effect stopped working, I switched that idea to summoning something upon killing the target of an attack, using a cooldown on the Passive to keep you from massing summons, of course.

Level 9
...Try putting the Play Animation order at the top of the list?

Still doesnt work :(, and is there a way to like sorta pause the unit but he should still be able to play animations. (Like I dont want him to run around and attack other units or even run around at all, and I whouldnt want him to do more than 1 attack animation (attack slam that I told him to do via triggers)

Level 9
Everything I make leaks + is not MUI. :D

YEEEEEEEESSSS MY ANIMATION WORK :).

Beautifull.

I think it was because I changed the spell in object editor to do the animation, only problem now is that he does 1 and a half hit and that is a half to much.

Lol now my graveyard spell wont spawn skeletons for every unit that dies around it.

Somebody help me with that? :D

Last edited:
Level 24
Lol I cant figure out how to make this unit do his animation.

What is wrong with this

• Execute
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Execute
    • Actions
      • Set Execute_Caster = (Casting unit)
      • Set Execute_Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set Execute_CasterPos = (Position of Execute_Caster)
      • Set Execute_TargetPos = (Position of Execute_Target)
      • Set Execute_TargetPosTotal = (Execute_TargetPos offset by 60.00 towards (Facing of Execute_Caster) degrees)
      • Set Execute_Reaper = ((Real((Level of The Reaper for Execute_Caster))) x 15.00)
      • Set Execute_Damage = (((Real((Level of Execute for Execute_Caster))) x 60.00) + 100.00)
      • Set Execute_Owner = (Owner of Execute_Caster)
      • Wait 0.70 seconds
      • Wait 0.70 seconds
        • If - Conditions
          • (Execute_Target is alive) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (Integer(Execute_Reaper))
            • Then - Actions
              • Wait 0.70 seconds
              • Wait 0.70 seconds
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Executed! at Execute_TargetPosTotal with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds

except that it has alot of leaks, the problem is that he doesnt do his animation.

whats wrong with this? lol, you use waits, one thing wrong there. + it leaks like hell.

Level 18
Everything I make leaks + is not MUI. :D

YEEEEEEEESSSS MY ANIMATION WORK :).

Beautifull.

I think it was because I changed the spell in object editor to do the animation, only problem now is that he does 1 and a half hit and that is a half to much.

Lol now my graveyard spell wont spawn skeletons for every unit that dies around it.

Somebody help me with that? :D

Would it be possible to give all units in the area a buff (aura) and when they die a skeleton spawns? Checking if they have the buff.

Level 15
GTM 13:44 now
so we got 1 day and 11:15 hours left or ?
i hope, if not i wont get finished ^,^

after thinking for ages ive finally came to an ultimate idea
The Magma Spirit will release its Dark side which will fight for your hero. This Dusky soul will take any damage of the Magme Spirit and protects him with that.
And the highlight will be a special system im working on
it will be a custom Attack system
im using AttackDummies to take an attack and create own projectiles to customize the whole projectile / projectiles and add additional effect
im not sure which effect it will get, maybe that each unit will get weakened if the Summons Projectile passes it on its way to the target
ill guess it will get 2 projectiles ;D look kewl

GTM 13:44 now
so we got 1 day and 11:15 hours left or ?
i hope, if not i wont get finished ^,^

after thinking for ages ive finally came to an ultimate idea
The Magma Spirit will release its Dark side which will fight for your hero. This Dusky soul will take any damage of the Magme Spirit and protects him with that.
And the highlight will be a special system im working on
it will be a custom Attack system
im using AttackDummies to take an attack and create own projectiles to customize the whole projectile / projectiles and add additional effect
im not sure which effect it will get, maybe that each unit will get weakened if the Summons Projectile passes it on its way to the target
ill guess it will get 2 projectiles ;D look kewl

Sounds good. I have a bit more as a day left, and I meet my gf today. Horray. But sadly, I think I won't be able to finish it at time. Did you play my hero?

Level 25
Cause you will have a lot of submisions to check?

We all know what happened to S&S #18 mini contest, and we hope it won't happen again.
I think most of people there won't participate in a S&S contest ever again :p

Still good luck to you hvo, and i hope you will have time to quickly judge every submision :)

Level 25
It was ~4 months late with the judging.
On the end we didn't even get the scoring, only Eccho said that xD.Schurke won and that he ain't releasing the scores, if someone wants to know the scores he should ask him(i think he said that, but i can't find the thread).

So it was a quite failure.
First we loss one judge, then the other judge was apointed, the other judge was bussy, we waited ~3-4 months for ~21 submision, each having 2 spells which equals ~42 spells.
That worries me :p
EDIT:
Counted the submisions, there are about ~30 submisions.
Even if half is poor quality that leaves 15 * 4 spells == 60 spells.
Even more than the S&S.
So i only hope that the judge won't get overwhelmed :p

Level 11
lol. Rly? Didnt saw :p
12 pm, what timezone?

Oh, and that thing is not correct. I am GMT + 1 and its 8:59 here. Not 7:59
They didnt change to summer time counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.