• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUI Knockback System [Paladon] v.1.60

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is the GUI Knockback System by Paladon.

This system allows you to attach a nice looking knockback effect to whatever you want.
You can easily specify speed, range and knockback effects.
The system is GUI only, so beginners are able to use it easily too.
It´s of course leakless and MUI.
The map includes the GUI Knockback System, a documentation how to implent it and three sample spells to present some functions of this system.

You´re able to adjust the speed, the range and other effects of the knockback.

*Update v.1.01
*Removed a leak (v.1.00 was an outdated version, i uploaded the wrong map before >.<)
*Now you can decide whether trees should be destroyed or even not.
*Update v.1.10
*Added an 'instant recycle function' suggested and explained by Hanky.
*Update v.1.60
*Improved various issues, optimized the array actualisation, fixed a small and rare bug.

*Your suggestions!

Please give credits if you use this system in your map or for your own spells ;)
If you find bugs or if you have suggestions, please post them here or send me a pm.

-=Check the discussion thread here=-

Keywords:
Knockback, Spell, cast, hero, System, Element, Magic, Effect,
Contents

GUI Knockback System [Paladon] (Map)

Reviews
18:27, 18th Nov 2008 Hanky: Good work, all seems to work really smooth. The system don't leak and is MUI. Also the documentation is really well made. There I see that you really worked hard on the system. Well if someone have no clue how to use...
Level 2
About Knockback system

Hey Paladon, please can you tell me how can i make a simple Bash Ability but with (KnockBack) and when the enemy is pushed back to destroy the trees i need this to one of my maps. I truy but nothing i need just a simple Trigger.:thumbs_up:

Level 2
I will truy that, and please can you tell me how can I make a knockback ability but when the enemy is pushed back to destroy trees (Like Barathrum in DOTA) i want to know that tipe of ability how was maked.Can you help me?

Level 6
Great system man love it. :thumbs_up:

Only one suggestion. When a unit gets knocked back and collides with another unit it stops. I think it should transfer part of the knockback to the unit it collides with.

Level 6
This is superb for beginners who need a knockback system incoporated. And they said a smooth knockback was impossible without JASS. 5/5 and +rep.
Only one suggestion. When a unit gets knocked back and collides with another unit it stops. I think it should transfer part of the knockback to the unit it collides with.

That'll be hard. Cause it'll be nearly impossible to define 'collision' using GUI. Plus you'll need to know how much force to transfer and how much energy the original knocked back unit is left with. So I would say its just short of impossible (because you know Paladon, he'll do just about anything using GUI)

And if anyone needs to know how to deal damage based on distance traveled, feel free to ask me. (I modified the trigger, hope its okay with you Paladon) Damage amount per distance is also fully adjustable.

Level 24
That'll be hard. Cause it'll be nearly impossible to define 'collision' using GUI. Plus you'll need to know how much force to transfer and how much energy the original knocked back unit is left with. So I would say its just short of impossible (because you know Paladon, he'll do just about anything using GUI)

Erm. It's not hard at all. It's called a collision size, and the distance remaining is already stored in a var.

I had this working not that long ago, I'll see if I can dig up the modified version.

Level 1
dude....you're trigger variables didnt copy and when i tried saving it corrupted my map..... thanks a lot

Level 1
Sorry about my other comment, i didn't realise there was a way to copy the variables over. I tried out your knockback and lots of other spells and i have to say that you put almost every (if not every) other GUI editor to shame. You truly are an amazing spell editor :) 5/5

Level 11
You cant use on a bridge that it is destroyed =p change line
  • Set Sample_Group = (Units whitin 250.00 of Sample_Point ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is Magic Imunne) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is Alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True structure
  • s
  • s Add (Matching unit) is Invulnerable) Not equal to True)
  • s to make selected doodads indestructible

Level 3
Awesome spell.

I've imported it into a map of mine (gave you credit ect.), but it sometimes causes quite heavy game lag when the knockback occurs in game. I only adjusted the speed and distance per level to make it fit better in my map.

Is it just my sucky pc or ?

Level 20
hey dude awesome system!! 5/5 +rep :thumbs_up:

can you help me a bit with the knockback distance?

• Sample Melee Knockback Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Power Shot (Archer)
    • Actions
      • -------- This are the applied actions of the 'Actions to apply' trigger. --------
      • Set KBA_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set KBA_TargetUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set KBA_StartingPosition = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set KBA_Level = (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Set KBA_Speed = 7.00
      • Set KBA_DistancePerLevel = 150.00
      • Set KBA_DestroyTrees = True
      • Trigger - Run Cast A Knockback <gen> (checking conditions)
      • -------- --------
i want the knockback distance to be the same for every level...how can i do that?

or maybe you could make a Boolean that to choose if you want distance to increase every lvl or not?

EDIT:
nvm i figured out how to do it by myself, thnx for not bothering to help me...

Last edited:
Level 9
PS: I made this system because i got much requests by beginners: 'How to create a knockback ?'.
I hope it will help them ;)
YOU ARE THE GOD OF GUI DUDE!!!! dont let the haters hate!

P.S.
can we turn off the line:
set variableset KB_DestroyTrees[KB|GeneralIntegers[1]]=KB_DestroyTrees[KB_TotalKnockUnits]
As to get rid of the tree destruction aspect of it?

Last edited: