• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

GUI Knockback System [Paladon] Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyho,

Since i noticed my GUI Knockback System used in several maps and since there are always suggestions how to improve it, i decided to create this thread.

I´m currently overworking the greatest part of the System so this offers a good chance to generally add/change/improve several functions of the system.

Now it´s your turn!
Post here what to improve, what to add, whatever.

-=Check the (almost) latest version here=-

I´m awaiting your suggestions!

Level 24
Well, as I said earlier I was bored last night, and decided to take a look at this. I started to incorporate some extra functions, and I can either just give you some suggestions here or go modify the code myself.

The things that I am going to change/add:
  • Improve Effect Generating. Right now it's just randomly decided. It should use a counter, meaning that whenever it loops it increases the value of the integer. When it's over x value reset it and generate a effect. It's an easy fix.
  • Add knockback adjacent option. I'm most of the way done this, but I'm cleaning up some bugs. Presently there are a few locations that I don't reset/remove.
  • Make radius an 'argument', for killing destructible and adjacent knockback.

Possible changes/suggestions
  • Make global effects depending in terrain type (ie: Dust & Water)
  • Add a simple boolean argument determining the direction (Just add in a multiplier)
  • Improve Demo map slightly, ie: Demo Skills, and Docs.

As you can probably tell, I'm fairly interested in this. If you need help on anything, don't hesitate to ask. I'm probably going to revise it a little, but you obviously have the choice of using some of the additional changes I make.

This sounds very interesting.

You offered some good ideas.
I currently don´t know how to detect a unit on water (GUI) but well, i never tried.
I´ll take a second look at you suggestions later today. For now: Thanks ^.^

EDIT: I think of (as you suggested) removing the possibility to choose the knockback effects and to replace them with a general dust effect.

Last edited:
Level 11
my post is for water ... and you can also use

• (Terrain type at (Center of (Playable map area))) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Dirt
if you make it have different effects depending on the terrain and if it is water or not... it is gonna rock even more =D

Level 24
Yes, that could be done easily with a innit trigger.

@ GW - Tip: Don't make useless comments. Yes, a Jass knockback system would be more efficient but not more user friendly for the in-experience/non-coders/7 year olds among us.

Moving on -- Global effect art would be nice, and I should have time to start working on some particles, as well as making the changes I want to the triggers tonight (Provided something works out for me). I'm sure that Paladon, can code it more efficiently than I seeing as it's system, and he knows the intracacies, but it might give him some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.