• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Serbian Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Newest update: Fixed icon bugs (green icons)

First Serbian Uprising

300px-Sabor_u_Orascu.jpg

map by: greda23 / karadjordje3

First Serbian Uprising is a map based on a historical event. It is a single player map where you get role of Uprising Serbia.

History:

After yanissaries returned to Belgrade they started getting revenge on Serbs and even some Turks in Belgrade. In 1801 they killed Belgrade pasha Hadži-Mustafa and continued killing innocent Serbs. Serbian knezes (local dukes) started making plans of making an uprise.

When Turkish dahias (yanissaries) found out about those plans they ordered all Serbian knezes to be slaughtered in order to prevent uprise. Some of rare knezes that survived "Slaughter of knezes" were even more motivated to start an uprise know.

Very fast they organized assembly at Orasac and declared The Uprise. Djordje Petrovic was chosen for Vozd, something like leader with apsolute power. Very soon after Serbian Uprising army won a few battles Turks started calling Djordje, Karadjordje. That means Black Djordje.

250px-Kara-Djordje_Petrovic.11874.jpg

During the Uprise Serbs liberated most of towns and villages in central Serbia including Belgrade in 1809. Uprise was supressed in 1813, mostly because of interior problems and quarrels.

Gameplay:

Army

Goal of the map is to liberate all Serbian cities under Ottoman Empire. To succeed in that you need a strong army, and Serbian peasants are ready to join army and liberate their country after 500 years of Turkish occupation.
You start in village of Orasac and you also control village of Topola which provides you some income. Before you can attack any other village and increase income you need to get army.

Many Serbian peasants are working outside of villages. Woodcutters are most often found. You can encourage them to join The Uprise by arming them. If peasant doesn't know how to use rifle then he will be sent to serve as cavalry.

Every Uprise needs to be well organized to succeed, so you have to get ammunition for your riflemen. If not, he is very likely going to be killed, with empty gun. Ammunition is very expensive in Serbia, for the same money you can get much better ammunition somewhere else.

Cannons are only siege weapons you can get. They are very expensive but Karadjordje together with his army can capture turkish cannons. As ammunition, they are overpriced in Serbia and can be found cheaper somewhere else.

Shooting targets in Topola
330z29c.jpg

Places

There are three kinds of places:
-Villages
-Monasteries
-Towns and Cities

Villages are small places that provide minor gold income. They are defended only with a few soldiers and can be captured relatively easy. After liberating villages, peasants of that village will join you.

Monasteries are rare on the map and they provide moderate gold income. Monastery complex consist of one or two buildings but they are well defended with a few cannons and soldiers.

Towns and cities are heavy defended with bomb towers, many soldiers and cannons. They provide major gold income and they also consist useful buildings inside them.

Turkish troops defending town of Kragujevac
amdzlv.jpg

Belgrade Fortress
qx5blw.jpg

Terrain

Terrain is completely done by me. Considering this is my first map I ever made, you can guess that it looks pretty bad, I will work on it most of the time as Real Life Serbian nature looks beautiful :)

akwq9s.jpg

Tileset: Lordaeron Summer

fcot4.jpg

-Replaced most of blizzard cliffs with simple "terrain raise"
-Improved terrain
-Assigned new models for items
-Fixed icon bugs (green icons)

Last edited:
Level 9
I assume you are talking about this.
I think it would be better to enable people to play as turkey and russia as well.
Good luck with the map

Level 3
I assume you are talking about this.
I think it would be better to enable people to play as turkey and russia as well.
Good luck with the map

i was thinking about that but russians were belligerents only by sending their soldiers to join Serbs and by negotiating with Constantinople. And about Turks, it would be too easy for them as they control all towns so they have too big income.

Level 6
Good luck neighbor! @Oziris you can give him some suggestions about the terrain you are very good at it.

Level 3
thanks all, i'll be working on the map for the upcoming weekend.

Sorry, I didn't do research, just throwing stuff out of my head. And we can expect some napoleonic warfare here? :)

well not much of warfare, cannons were the most common weapon used. i don't know how well you know history, but turkey was left pretty much behind Europe so cannons are best thing you can get there

Cool work guys, But you really need help with the terrain. And I think Serbia doesn't have blizzard cliffs in it! ;) You should use custom doodads, find them in the terrain board, sticky thread called UTM! If it's a single player map use the High resolution doodads at the Wc3C site!

Serbian: Srećno momci ;)
English: Good luck guys ;)

thanks i will try those doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.