• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Famous Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
have u ever played in blood gulch?
you obviously havent, since the only cover there is the hills.
all i did was flood the cave, add a river, fix the bunkers, and make the hill abit more foresty. If i added too many doodads, it would be to hard to move around. plus i dont know about SEE that much, so collision could be screwed up.

edit: i think i'll add teleporters...they had those in blood gulch, and they arent that hard to trigger.

Level 18
lol dude that doesn't help at all. What the hell does more cam options mean? Either way today I was going to add in camera features so you can rotate/zoom in and out.

Go ahead and use WEU, I am using JNGP so I hope there won't be any conflicts.

Finished up the camera system.

Attachments

• Famous Halo 0.7.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Level 10
Let me elaborate:
1) I am pretty sure that your assault rifle spell is carrion swarm or breath of fire. There's a problem with that and the weapon projectile moves along the terrain and your terrain is hilly.
2) Camera system needs to be more dynamic, which I don't think can be done. (not sure)

Overall, if you just used the normal attack system for wc3, it would work well. In my Epidemic I'm using a target acquisition system where the first time you shoot your target you have a 80% chance of missing, second time 60% and so forth. If you get down to let's say 20%, you cannot walk away and walk back and have 20% miss chance. There is a specific time window for the system and then it switches back to 80.

Grenades can be more, grand and flashy.

3) Give me more and I'll try more and give you some criticism.

terrain is amazing? i thought it was kinda bare, even if i did terrain abit =\
And this is still being worked on, Famous has some nice stuff planned.
Offtopic: r u ever gonna release that dwarf vs orc map berries?

What Orc, dwarf map? The hell are you talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
but BoF/Carrion doesnt follow along with the terrain, i only thought shockwave did.
it was in the terrain board, either you or someone else posted pictures of a map where you play as either the orcs or dwarves in a northrend tileset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
43berries, it has nothing to do with the normal WC3 spells. Their only feature in the map is to detect when the player does shoot/throw a grenade.

The assault rifle does not move along the terrain. It is affected by a real gravity, and if you people knew anything about projectile motion you would know this. The bullet is always heading down. Never does it flow with the hills.

EITHER WAY let's stay on topic.

Level 22
cause em... like if you die X amount of times you get some bonus, like armor or such.
so it encourages people to keep playing, even if their losing. and if theyre the ones that are killing them, it gets challenging for them, so its more fun.

And shields, like rechargable shields from halo you know? something like manashield i guess.
And just a note, i think increasing the speed of the bullets would be a good idea.

Level 10
"43berries, it has nothing to do with the normal WC3 spells. Their only feature in the map is to detect when the player does shoot/throw a grenade.

The assault rifle does not move along the terrain. It is affected by a real gravity, and if you people knew anything about projectile motion you would know this. The bullet is always heading down. Never does it flow with the hills.

EITHER WAY let's stay on topic."

No, it doesn't drag that drastically and is way off from the Halo weapon system. What you have is good for artillery, an AR is no an artillery piece, mozzletoff. Don't try to question my intelligence in this, you'll fail.

Level 22
i like sawing aliens in half and watching all the gore spurt out onto the screen. especially when i saw the same locust in half with another player.
edit:annyways. i wont be able to edit the terrain for another day or so since i have a huge school project to finish by wednesday. on thursday i'll be heading off on christmas break, and probably wont be able to upload the updated terrain for about 2 weeks.

Level 22
i dont have many ideas for another arena, maybe a forest as somebody earlier mentioned. or an indoors map.
or maybe like a map where you assault their fortress and attempt to capture their flag and return it to your little forward base. Kinda like a 1 Flag CTF.
You gonna keep that Trench arena famous?

Level 22
i just dont know what doodads too put there. If we add rain, i might add puddles. we would need to add a cloudy sky doodad though.
i requested some WWI era trench doodads like barbed wire and tank trap type things in the request forum,just waitin for answers.

Level 22
Pretty big update on trench. First of all triggering, im pretty sure i triggered everything correctly so you can select trench and play all 3 modes on it.
I've added clouds, but their real white. their primary purpose is to "white" out the wc3 sky ingame, since i changed the weather to extremely heavy rain(two regions overlapping both set to rain).
I've also changed the terrain abit, and added sniping spots for both teams, so people cant just always camp.
The first trench has been fortified with rolls of barbed wire, althought there are three gaps in which players can storm in and out.
Pathing blockers are properly placed on the barbed wire.
I havent done any other doodad work, or pathing blocker work.

EDIT: Pathing blockers finished, Hedgehog tank traps placed near/on barbed wire and on the no-mans-land. Map is playable.
Havent tested it yet however.
The trenches themselves lack doodads, expect changes later.

EDIT2: best not play this map, for famous' viewing only. its quite buggy, whenever host killed someone, it revert to choose objective/map.
and we really need the WASD movement system me thinks. cause its hard to move around in trench without clicking somewhere else. or make the camera something like elim tournament.

Attachments

• Famous Halo 0.7.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.