• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Famous Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
WASD would work if you programmed it to compensate for lag. Also, if you had an option to raise or decrease turn time.

Make A and D turn. Q and E are for strafing. I'm sure you can manage. The game will play like Goldeneye 64.

Level 18
Radar as in...? Like.. Pinging the other player positions?

Also, HINDY has upgraded a few thing within SEE, so I can do some new shitz. BTW there will be a new secret weapon, but only I will know. At least for now.

QUESTION, would you guys rather have the weapon selection system as it is now(SW Battlefront styled), or change it to an item based system like in Halo. If it stays as is, I am going to add some requirements for certain weapons, to add more balance, and more like the real selection system of SWBF.

Level 18
For now, there is just the plasma grenade. I was working on getting the normal grenades to work again. Thanks to HINDY, they are working right now. But, I am going to look into some alternate grenades also. The way it will work is by using an ability to switch the type of grenade you are using.

EDIT: Here's the map. I am off for tonight most likely. Any idea when you might be able to finish the movement system hawk900?

Attachments

• Famous Halo 0[1].6.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
Level 18
Alrighty. Basically WASD movement. A and D would rotate the unit and when they are combined it would become a strafe. If you can have the ability IDs in the a010 range so I dont have to fiddle with changing it. I know JNGP allows you to change them. If not thats alright. Each players hero is set to a un global unit var named Shooter. How creative. So if you have any questions... Figure it out yourself. Lol jk.

Ill add jump although as Hawkwing said... Itll mostly be useless.

Level 22
i'll do it in a sec. what im thinking about is actually raising it so its more of a hill.
ok, ive done a basic edit which has (imo) improved the bunkers. Ill also make another version with some imported stuff that i think will enhance the map quite abit...
edit: im not gonna follow halo 1's blood gulch in my custom one, it'll be slightly different.
2nd Edit: FINALLY done. I took some liberty's and changed around blood gulch alot. I added a waterfall in the cave area, so the cave is flooded, but still walkable. There is also a river that comes out out from one of the cave entrances, circles the King of the Hill hill, and meets up with the other river that came out of the other cave entrance.
The area that has been encircled by the river is now sort of a forest.
The river is walkable in all areas, but just for show i decided to add a couple bridges.
The bunkers have been completely redone, using custom walls for the walls.
THIRD EDIT: Fixed a bug on the Custom Edit that disables you from choosing another class after you died with a shotgun.
Ehm...Thats pretty much it. Here are a few screenshots:

Attachments

• Famous Halo 0.6 Ghosts Edit.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • bloodgulch 1.JPG
    bloodgulch 1.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 156
  • bloodgulch 2.JPG
    bloodgulch 2.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Famous Halo 0.6 Ghosts Edit Custom.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 65