• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Emerald Shores the NEW Complete Naga Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
my newest map: a full tech tree naga race with naga interface and new models icons and 8 new heroes (3 naga, 5 tavern). i just wanted to post this before i uplode for feedback so that i can adjust things. Comments will be very appreciated. Enjoy. To use the full custom Ui please choose NE (the path is set to them).

Attachments

• (6)Emerald Shores Naga 3.0 BETA.w3x
    4.8 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Good to see my Cursor put to good use. I've tested it, and it seems mainly bugless. Can't say much about the balance, I've never been a good ladder player.
The casters seemed strange to me. The Navi Priest seems rather useless to me. His low mana pool makes him not really useful for healing (He's empty after less than half a fight), his second ability is explode, which is an overall useless ability (No one spends that much resources just to waste them for a area dispell.) And the Aura isn't stacking and can be optained easier from merc camps, where the unit has also more than just the Aura. Since there are critters of the same shape on the map, the Navi Priest might be useful for scouting, but is placed to high in the tech tree for that.
On the other hand, we have the Naga Siren, which seems a good caster to me. And she can turn into another Caster, Naga Summoner, with completely different spells that nonetheless use the same upgrades. Two birds with one stone.
My suggestion: Remove the Navi Priest or make him a half-caster like the Spell Thief or the Faerie Dragon (and choose a different model please). Either separate Siren and Summoner or make them use their own Upgrades.
And the Tooltips of the Poison Thing Hero (Misha's Naga Warlord) say "Nature Mage" you might want to change that. Misha's model has a small flaw, the Shell parts of the hero are unshaded and unfogged, making them appear too bright during the night. You'll find a fixed version attached (I've got permission)

Attachments

• LordNajentusFxd.mdx
    135.7 KB · Views: 52
Level 7
Its a complete race, yeah, but i dont like it, thats will not exist basedefense option(or it exist?) for the nagas. The other races have a extradefense option like the miliz, eants, bunker and creep with hardful footcollectors. The inreased hitpointregeneration in the near of base is not really effective. But good job for your work.

Level 7
the do have defence, Watery Minions. if a units is killed near the base, the coral bed will raise a watery minion from their corps trust me its very effective against rushers.

Oh ok^^ my mistake. Thats i a nice idea for antirushing. And sorry for my last post, it was bad mannered what i see now(my english is to bad:vw_sad:). I hope you dont understand it wrong. I like your race. It was just this one thing, which stuck out for me.

Level 7
This Things was i like:

Fulled list of items for the nagashop.

Additional heroes in the tavern.

The scream of the Tune Tide spell.

Your antirushsystem for the nagas. ;o)

This are things was i think you must worked on it:

The Azsahras Summont is optical epicer then the temples(Where are the normal Temple model?). The Temple variation looks overall not epic.

Frost Storm of the Dreamer; i think you dont want, thats the hero can do nothing by a spell with this manacosts.

I wish me for the Dreamer a innovatet ultimate spell.

The Revenant of tides is rlly mighty for his costs and one healspell is enough i think. Love this Spring Water spell. Well i find his "Water Bile" should just functional in water(becouz this sweet bubbles). I think the water is the advantage of the nagas.

I find the difference of the sirene and summoner not big enough. By the Way the summoners are always harder. They should become a meleeattack i find. And remove please the watery minion spell of the summoner. Its the same like parasite.

The Tidedragon is a nice beast, but its remember me to much for the frostwyrm of the undeads. You should edit his design a little bit.

And a little Thing again, the Ocean Reef should no costs of wood(The other races has no woodcosts for the drop-off point, too).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.