• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elven Temple

Elven Temple

Map Info:

Deep in the ancient lands of the elves lies a forgotten temple of mysterious powers and elven tresures. WIll you be able to claim it before anyone else?

Features:
  • Destructable Gates opening another path to take.
  • 6 Gold Mines - 12500
  • 6 Green Creep Camps
  • 10 Orange Creep Camps
  • 2 Goblin Merchants
  • 2 Fountains of Health
  • 1 Tavern

Screenshots:

2hxm8ba.png

Videos:

Author Notes:
Werid theme, didn't really like it at start, but i pushed through and tried to make it pretty with doodads, and i'm glad i did. Turned out pretty well. This was the 2nd map of a timelapse livestream project from start to finish.

Keywords:
Elven Temple, Melee, 1v1, Night Elf, Ashenvale, Sunken RUins, Bonestorm, Turtles
Contents

Elven Temple (Map)

Reviews
19:43, 12th May 2014 Orcnet: Map approved
The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: eubz
Map Name: Elven Temple
Map Author: Filmting
Map Uploader: Filmting

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Presentation

Nicely presented. The description contains the Mapn Info, Features, Screenshots and a video on how the map is created.

Score: 65/100

Terrain

The terrain is just fine and I love how you used blizzard cliffs. I see crickets that make the map alive. You also used environmental doodads and somem stuff right here. The terrain is balanced.

Score: 70/100

Gameplay

The location of both teams is balanced. Item drops do not conform with the level of the creep to drop the item.

Score: 60/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

Let the item drops conform with the level of the creeps to drop the said item. Say, a level 5 creep should drop either level 4 or level 5 random items.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 65.000/100
3/5 Vote for Approval

mr_user_eubz.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Last edited:
Level 2
The goblin shop creeps seemed overly aggressive to me when testing the map. Shouldn't the aggro range be much shorter?

Other than that the map is nice :)

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2014-05-14 17:01:23.png
    Screenshot from 2014-05-14 17:01:23.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 290

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hey, I like this. Nice & simple. 'Course, I have respect for anyone with the time/patience to create a 'perfectly' symmetrical map. :p

Gotta laugh, though, to think that this magical mysterious "Elven Temple" features at it's center of worship... A Tavern. :p

Level 16
The name made me interested, I haven't downloaded the new version (well maybe I did with your new map pack) But If you were to consider making custom edits, neutral elves would of been nice.

Overall imo this is a nicely balanced map for 1v1. a buddy and I would test out new strategies on this map because of how well balanced it is for 1v1