• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematics and the minimap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am trying to insert a cut scene into my map. When I use the cinematic mode trigger it reveals the entire map for the duration it is active. Is there any way to use cinematic mode without it revealing the buildings normally obscured by the fog of war after the cutscene is over? Players are left with a map still obscured by fog of war but with the location of buildings revealed.

I have considered that I can make the buildings not show up on the minimap at all, however I don't think this is an ideal solution.

Level 39
Right before cinematic mode happens, pick every building on the map, put them into a unit group, and hide them with the hide unit action. When the cinematic is over, unhide every building in the group and destroy the group. Not elegant but you can't reveal the location of a building that can't be seen on in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.